The homicide victims identities have not yet been released. Dublin City Hall 100 Civic Plaza Dublin, CA 94568 Phone: 925-833-6650; Quick Links. Please share yours below. Sign in or register for your free account, Incumbent to remain on ballot as sole candidate because Dublin's City Council election is contested, What a Week: Reflecting on Tri-Valley city election outcomes, All three LARPD board incumbents win reelection, Price set to become first Black Alameda County DA. Jeff Knobbe We interviewed our tech expert, Jaime Vazquez, to learn more about accessible smart home devices. It's important for us to look at the projects one at a time," Hernandez said. . feb. de 2014 - ene. Place a Legal Notice Login. 947 likes. Blogs As a working Mom, I know how important it is to maintain our amazing schools, gorgeous parks and open spaces, safe, vibrant neighborhoods and commercial districts. Titles are for identification purposes only. businesses, apartments, condos and/or other real estate associated with Anthony Hernandez in Stockton, CA. Advertising Info Police said Williams will be booked into Santa Rita Jail in Alameda County on homicide charges Wednesday evening. Uploaded: Tue, Jul 14, 2020, 5:17 pm Dublin Vice Mayor Melissa Hernandez was elected to the Dublin City Council in 2016. Melissa Hernandez lives in Dublin, CA; previous cities include Vacaville CA and Dixon CA. Dublin Demographics. The 911 caller reported that the killer fled in a vehicle. If you are already a registered user and the commenting form is not below, Hernandez views some of her main accomplishments as Mayor as establishing Dublin as a 'Green City' and championing mental health resources. Members from the Heritage and Cultural Arts Commission reviewed applications for the role. Shop Pleasanton Dougherty Valley High School Athletic Boosters Crab Feed & Dance 2023: Dublin, Livermore Eatery Makes Bay Area Best Sandwich List, SF Bay Area Weekend: U-Pick Tulip Day; Holi Fests; Soul & Swing Kings, Shop The Dublin Farmers Market Like A Pro, Info Here, 4 Of The Best Tri-Valley Animal Shelters To Adopt, Volunteer, Donate. Bob Coomber, Councilmember, City of Livermore How much does Vegas believe in Dubs to repeat? Search for Melissa Hernandez living in Dublin, CA, get started for free and find contact information, address and phone for anyone. Express Kelly said the slain couple is survived by their teenaged son. Investigators said the deputy had just finished working a night shift at the jail when he went to the victims home with a gun. Suzzan Cabling Goel concurred that some local businesses could have possibly opened sooner, but added that collaborating with local businesses is a prime way to stimulate economic recovery. "That is a key role of the poet laureate, providing safe spaces for people to share what they've created. Melissa R Sanders Jr Melissa Sanders . PR MediaRelease Javier Ramirez DUBLIN-CA--Dublin elected officials, led by Mary Melissa Hernandez, recognized volunteers with awards at the annual Volunteer Recognition Event, held at the Shannon Community Center, on Wed. March 1, 2023. "For his second term, Morehead has plans to work with Dublin High School for the Poetry Out Loud competition in 2024.He explained how many people may not feel comfortable writing or reciting poetry because there is a lack of awareness and space to do so freely. "I understand that none of the surrounding cities have fulfilled their RHNA numbers, especially the low-income RHNA number, but we are trying. Terms of Use Help sustain the local news you depend on. Aleena Lopez View additional information about the City Council meetings, where you can access the Council's agendas and minutes and view video of the Council's meetings. "Simply put, I understand the needs of small businesses as well as Alameda County and the importance of a viable and sustainable local economy," she added. Privacy Policy, 2023 PleasantonWeekly.com Limited series centrada en una banda que alcanza el xito en Los ngeles en los aos 70 y se convierte en una de las ms legendarias del mundo. Obituaries, Send News Tips The latter is a mobile phone number. Hernandez will likely replace Mayor David Haubert, who has served since 2014. View Melissa Hernandez's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Espaa. Hernandez met the Bidens at a White House reception for Latino mayors hosted by the First Lady. Leadership for Dublin. (Video courtesy of Dublin Chamber of Commerce). 2023 Desi Holi Comedy Bash Starring Kabir Singh (AGT) LIVE IN PLEASANTON. Become a Member TownSquare Pauline Takanaga Contact Us Nicole Gonzales is a staff reporter for Embarcadero Medias East Bay Division, the Pleasanton Weekly. Livermore outlets welcoming new stores, restaurants, Planning Commission endorses design plans for mixed-use residential complex at Stoneridge Mall, Pleasanton police investigating bank robbery on Sunol Boulevard, Pleasanton council provides staff feedback on water supply alternatives list, News Digest: Livermore chef on 'Chopped' | PPD public meeting on military equipment | I-680 work called off again | Holi celebration at outlets. He was really a remarkable young person. Help sustain the local news you depend on. "(Businesses) need to be at the forefront of a lot of dialogue because us as policy makers can only make an inclination of what can solve the problem they are the ones on the ground actually having the impact," he added. degree in Business & Marketing from San Jose State University and also holds a Broker's License. Shop Pleasanton Libby Schaaf, Mayor, City of Oakland Local elected officials also represent the City at a variety of forums at the county, regional, state, and national levels in order to make certain that the interests of the City of Dublin and, Alameda County Mayors' Conference and Alameda County City Selection Committee, Historical List of Dublin Mayors and Councilmembers, Campaign Disclosures 460 Electronic Filing System. A&E Enable push notifications on your device. DUBLIN, CA Dublin City Councilmember Melissa Hernandez appeared poised to serve as the city's next mayor as of Wednesday morning. Your contribution matters. "In these difficult financial times, our city continues to maintain healthy emergency reserves and a budget surplus," she said, highlighting the impact of her leadership and campaign. Home & Real Estate "Poetry is not just being created by a small niche part of the community; poetry is being created by many people. As the daughter of migrant farmworkers who moved to California to provide a better life and access to education for their seven children, I am honored and humbled to visit the White House as the Mayor of Dublin and the first Latina Mayor in the Tri-Valley, Hernandez told Patch in an email. We were able to keep him on the phone line and direct CHP units to the area ofCoalingaand take the suspect safely into custody, Dublin Police Chief Garrett Holmes told reporters. The role is meant to advocate and encourage poetry, literacy and reading for the citizens of Dublin. I would like to thank you for visiting my website and I am honored to be serving as your Mayor to protect our amazing quality of life. Promotions "One of the most challenging issues we have had to navigate thru in the last several decades has been COVID-19 and I have been committed to our residence (sic) and businesses. My leadership style embraces a robust exchange of ideas and input from our City staff, the City Council, and the community I serve. Your contribution matters. "That is a key role of the poet laureate, providing safe spaces for people to share what they've created.". Melissa Hernandez We found 100+ records for Melissa Hernandez in New York, Washington and 48 other states. The prior version inadvertently included outdated information from Melissa Hernandez's campaign website as well as improperly attributed the nature of an original quote. Steve Kau The Dublin City Council honored individuals and groups dedicated to improving life in Dublin. I want Dublin to adopt smart growth policies and I will support projects that continue to preserve our 'New American Backyard. Best smart home devices for older users, according, How to get started on spring cleaning early, according, Worried about your student using ChatGPT for homework? "Hernandez highlighted some recent accomplishments achieved by the council in providing housing, but also acknowledged that more could be done. Come January, she will be the first Latina mayor and preside over a majority-women council. "We always feel like we should have more room for improvement. Paid for by Melissa . Kevin Vander Ende Those include completing public poetry reading events throughout the city and assisting in literary classes or workshops for the public.The role is meant to advocate and encourage poetry, literacy and reading for the citizens of Dublin. Other names that Melissa uses includes Melissa Strah and Melissa Hernandez Strah. She played a pivotal role in designing a Climate Action Plan that would transform the city's electricity supply to renewable solar and wind sources, with the goal of becoming carbon neutral by 2045. Rob Bastress Select the best result to find their address, phone number, relatives, and Tom Cignarella started this petition to Mayor David Haubert, Abe Gupta,Don Biddle, Melissa Hernandez,Arun Goel Dublin City Council and 6 others March 15th 2016 - "IKEA announced they have submitted a proposal for a 339,000-square-foot in Dublin. (Photo courtesy the City of Dublin). Dublin Vice Mayor, Dublin, Cailifornia Appointed position (2016 -2017) Chair of Human Services, Dublin, California Appointed position (2014 -2016) Education. Morehead was officially selected for the role by members at the Feb. 7 Dublin City Council meeting. Circulation & Delivery Circulation & Delivery She played a pivotal role in designing a Climate Action Plan that would transform the city's electricity supply to renewable solar and wind sources, with the goal of becoming carbon neutral by 2045. those who are registered users. Councilmembers are currently paid $1,285.10 per month, and under Dublin's city code, the mayor receives $100 more than council members each month, or $1,385.10, according to city staff reports . "We continue to be a growing city that has had a long tradition of strong leaders who believe in civil discourse while solving challenging issues," Hernandez said. "I will be committed to continuing this tradition to keep our community the great place we love. Hernandez views some of her main accomplishments as Mayor as establishing Dublin as a 'Green City' and championing mental health resources. Editor's note: This is an update of an article that was first published earlier this election season. "Two years is not enough to reach all of the goals I've set forth as mayor, and there are many projects that I have been working on that I would like to see our city complete or advance before I leave office.". Currently, Hernandez represents the city on the governing boards of Alameda County Stop Waste, East Bay Community Energy, Livermore-Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA) and the Tri-Valley/San Joaquin Valley Regional Rail Authority (Valley Link). "One of the most challenging issues we have had to navigate thru in the last several decades has been COVID-19 and I have been committed to our residence (sic) and businesses. Laurel McMahon Im dedicated to help our residents in any which way I can, especially with the aftermath of COVID-19 recovery. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts. Goel said that the city should be open to looking at its budget and considering if funds could be better allocated in different areas such as homeless services. Uploaded: Mon, Sep 14, 2020, 10:25 pm All rights reserved. Dublin Mayoral candidates Arun Goel and Melissa Hernandez squared off during an online forum on Thursday. Uploaded: Thu, Feb 23, 2023, 11:27 pm Law enforcement agencies across California were placed on high-alert and mobilized to find the wanted deputy. First elected to the City Council in November 2016, Hernandez has nearly three decades of experience as a small business manager in the dental and health sector. Dublin's city . We received a call from the suspect and he wanted to turn himself in. 5, Raj Salwan; Dist. To find out more about Hernandez and her reelection campaign, visit her website at MayorMelissaHernandez.com. "We have had some historic projects though (such as Emerald Vista and Valor Crossing) We are very proud of the affordable housing that we have. There was a third person present in the home at the time of the double homicide. Jerry Pentin, Councilmember, City of Pleasanton Can't see the widget below? He was able to bring this to a peaceful resolution. Id like to credit Chief Holmes for his ability to negotiate a peaceful surrender of the suspect.. Kevin Deilson TVNPAs March Community Program: In Conversation with Tri-Valley Mayors. Dublin City Councilwoman Melissa Hernandez announced this week that she will run for the mayor's position, rather than seek re-election to a regular council seat, during the Nov. 3 general election. Special Pubs "We continue to be a growing city that has had a long tradition of strong leaders who believe in civil discourse while solving challenging issues," Hernandez said. "We have done very well as a city to deliver housing; however, we have failed on the lower end of the spectrum delivering to affordable housing requirements. "It's important to me that all of our residents have a voice in our city and feel comfortable talking with me at the grocery store or at a community event. City of Dublin office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hernandez spoke on her connection and dedication to the residents of Dublin. Jerry Dyer . Place a Legal Notice Updated: Sun, Oct 30, 2022, 8:15 pm Dublin City Councilwoman Melissa Hernandez announced this week that she will run for the mayor's position, rather than seek re-election to a regular council seat, during the Nov. 3 general election.Wrapping up her first full term on the City Council this fall, Hernandez said as mayor she would prioritize top goals of retaining and supporting businesses in Dublin, improving neighborhood safety, alleviating traffic, expanding city-school partnerships and protecting Dublin's open space. Board meeting agendas are available one week prior to the board meeting. Shop Pleasanton Addressing the economic impacts of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, for example, both candidates praised the council's decision to approve micro-loans as a way to help local businesses get over the initial economic blows the owners and employees have felt. Mayor Melissa Hernandez, Dublin, Calif., and Mayor Karla Brown, Pleasanton, Calif., also made comments to the audience that included several Gold Star Families from the local area, and members of . It is located along the north side of Interstate 580 at the intersection with Interstate 680, roughly 35 miles east of downtown San Francisco, 23 miles east of downtown Oakland, and 31 miles north of downtown San Jose. Get daily headlines sent straight to your inbox in our Express newsletter. She's a longtime Dublin resident and mother of two teenage children who has also volunteered in the community, including with the Dublin Rotary Club. Advertising Info "We have done very well as a city to deliver housing; however, we have failed on the lower end of the spectrum delivering to affordable housing requirements.".