This kit contains the yarn only. The total lenght is 1.50m, Section 1 : Burgundy (background) + Garden Gate (12 rows) Burgundy + Rhodesian (x10 r) + 1 transition row Burgundy + Graphite, Section 2 : Rhodesian + Graphite (x9r) + 1 transition row Rhodesian + Frost gray, Section 3 :Sunset + Frost gray (x2) Sunset + Graphite (x1) Sunset + Frost gray (x2) Sunset + Graphite (x2) Sunset + Rhodesian (x3), Section 4 : Graphite + Frost gray (x4) Graphite + Rhodesian (x2) Graphite + Sunset (x1), Section 5 : Frost gray + Sunset (x3) Frost gray + Graphite (x2) Frost gray + Rhodesian (x2) Frost gray + Burgundy (x1), Section 6 : Rhodesian + Burgundy (x8) Rhodesian + Maroon (x2), Section 7 : Burgundy + Maroon (x3) Burgundy + Graphite (x3) Burgundy + Sunset (x1) Burgundy + Graphite (x3), Section 8 : Garden gate + Rhodesian (x5) Garden gate + Maroon (x4) Garden gate + Frost gray (x1), Section 9 : Maroon oscuro + Frost gray (x3) Maroon oscuro + Burgundy (x1) Maroon oscuro + Frost gray (x1) Maroon oscuro + Graphite (x3) Maroon oscuro + Garden gate (x2), 1 skein = 192.0 meters (210.0 yards), 100 grams. And thanks to Spincycle for giving me so much fun with this yarn. Knitting the cowl was so much fun. I have the same idea of using fingering weight yarn. This kit is for a fingering weight version of I didnt fuss about gauge as the pattern was quite modular and could be made larger or smaller if needed. The Nightshift Shawl is worked flat from side to side, increasing on one edge to achieve an asymmetrical triangle. It keeps it interesting and it is easy to make goals for yourself so you just want to keep knitting (just one more row!!). Please create account through ##customer_email## email, Kelley's Favorite Free Knit Sweater Patterns, Christmas Gifts for Knitters & Loved Ones, Ways to Join Sweater Sleeves Russian Grafting Tutorial, Tips for Cable Knitting + Easy FREE Cable Patterns, The Benefits of Knitting Stitch Sampler Projects, Comparing Three Popular Knitting Bind-Offs, Knitting Welts & Weaving in Ends on the Pengweeno Jacket. Yes! The one Im making looks really different from Andreas, even though Im using the same six colors. This pattern includes a recipe, to make it all your own, or row by row directions for those who want to play it safe! Your email address will not be published. Get Nightshift Shawl Knitting Pattern. Here's a blog article with more details on the Night Shift Shawl: https://www.alpacadirect.com/blogs/alpaca-direct-blog/how-i-made-the-night-shift-shawl-by-andrea-mowry** Join Our Knit Club **Learn new skills with yarns you will love! This one is for me, for sure! I would highly recommend all skill levels giving it! Also receive daily new post notifications, Superfun Giveaway: Celebrate BIPOC Designers, Pattern Peeper: Spincycles Dyed in the Wool. remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy. This consists of slipping stitches in pattern. It's pure fun, this project. The colour shifting characteristics of hand-spun yarn make it the perfect substitution for the patterns suggested yarn. We are excited to put together our version of the ever popular Nightshift Shawl by Andrea Mowry. Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. Published by on October 31, 2021. Is it possible to make this either square or rectangular to end up as a blanket, not a shawl? Turning off personalized advertising opts you out of these sales. Learn more in our Privacy Policy., Help Center, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. Wrap Pattern. Please head to Ravelry to purchase her pattern Knitting Kits Knitting Yarn Hand Knitting Knitting Patterns Knitting Ideas Knitted Shawls Knitted Scarf Andrea Mowry Merino Wool Yarn More information . Hello, Dyed in the Wool is listed as sport weight, not fingering. This pattern includes a recipe to make it all your own, and row-by-row directions for those who want to play it safe! EDGING For the edging, turn your work after the last row and you will crochet around the main body of the shawl across the top long edge and both angled edges. Thats such a fun thing to do! Good news! Its also home to a whole host of one-of-a-kind items made with love and extraordinary care. Captcha failed to load. Required fields are marked *, I wanted to make a fun paper chandelier to go in the babys nursery to go with her polka dot theme! Just go with the flow and trust the pattern. by Meg Bateman January 02, 2022 Just finished my second The Shift cowl in a cotton blend for warmer weather. We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. You may want to increase the number of stitches per inch, if you want the finished shawl size to be the same as shown in the pattern. Though, I considered the colour intensity and saturation of each shade would correspond well to the design elements of the Nightshift pattern. The Nightshift Shawl pattern, like all of Andrea Mowrys patterns, is well written and easy to follow. Josephinesew's Nightshift shawl. olive tree children ministries; teaching blog; about our ministry; salvation prayer; contact us $73.95 Andrea Mowry Nightshift Long Shawl Kit - BB Lama Worsted Thread - Hand-Skinned JetricoteTutricotes (33) $127.50 FREE shipping 1960's Nightshift and Pillow Case Vintage Sewing Pattern 60's Night Dress Simplicity 5515 Neatly Cut Easy to Sew Pajamas Learn to Sew VintageFashionCanada (61) $15.14 FREE shipping Cascade Waves 220 The Shift Kit It's a color adventure for sure, and even with planning for the skeins colors in . ), NOTIONS Scissors tapestry needle row counter (recommended), GAUGE 20 sts & 28 rows = 4/10 cm Worked over stockinette stitch, unblocked. Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more . Thats a really cool idea! (20% off). Categories . The simplest of shapes, a big triangle that grows as you knit. The mosaic checkerboard pattern of Mowry's Shift patterns is achieved by slipped stitches and garter stitch "blips" (as I call them) that add texture and visual interest to the garment. From far away you could easily say its just a colour block shawl, but with Mowrys clever repeating mosaic stitch pattern the resulting fabric is a kaleidoscope of colour with subtle gradients over every row that I could study for hours. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. Found something you love but want to make it even more uniquely you? Hand dyed by Shepherdess (no longer trading). See more ideas about knitted shawls, knit crochet, shawl knitting patterns. Included in the pattern are links to helpful video . The Shift Cowl. Discover (and save) your own Pins on Pinterest. Colour-play was also going to be a big part of this project, so I narrowed the fibre selection down further to just hand-dyed braids with interesting colour repeats. We then end with an epic band of all 6 colors faded together with some relaxing garter stitch! A fun and engaging knit with shifting colors, that looks like an asymmetrical triangle shawl, and it only takes a fiddle-free second to throw it on as the finish . I was happy with the resulting fabric. We took her beautiful and easy-to-knit design and made it up in our luxurious DK Yakity Yak yarn. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. I had so much fun knitting The Shift cowl, that when the Spinsters told me they were coming out with a new worsted weight yarn, Dream State, I knew I had to make a Shift Shawl! 14-11-2018 7 couleurs au lieu de 6 : bordeaux rouge, orange, jaune, bordeaux prune pour les chaudes, bleu marine, bleu vert et gris-bleu pour les froides. Now, its time for Dream State, the worsted-weight version. Nightshift by Andrea Mowry, knitted by Sssira | malabrigo Rios in Purple Mystery, Indiecita, Solis, Arco Iris, Queguay and Peachy Hand Knitting Knitting Accessories The Shift by Andrea Mowry, knitted by @michiganfibrestudio | malabrigo Arroyo in Coffee Toffee, Greenish Blue, & Sandbank Easy Crochet Free Crochet Shift Pattern Cowl Pattern Knit with 6 colors of worsted-weight yarn using U.S. size 8/5mm needles. Just be sure to have a look at the gauge for Nightshift, which is 20 sts = 4. Kit includes 4 skeins. Color shown in pattern: 862 Piedras Work on 24" or 32" circulars S Sandra Carolyn Keeler FINISHED MEASUREMENTS. Finished size: 65" wingspan x 31" center depth Designed by Andrea Mowry. Our global marketplace is a vibrant community of real people connecting over special goods. Also known as the "cherry blossom festival," this annual celebration is about appreciating the temporal beauty of nature. Please. Or you might end up with a lace version! nightshift shawl tutorial. 940 yards total of yarn. The Salty Dog is very similar, and the Mississippi Marsala and Rusted Rainbow in this shawl are much more red and jewel toned. Nightshift Shawl Knitting Pattern. In 2020 alone, purchases on Etsy generated nearly $4 billion in income for small businesses. Shipping policies vary, but many of our sellers offer free shipping when you purchase from them. All those delicious colors. Featuring heavily saturated shades of yellow, orange, red, purple and green, the resulting palette was definitely out of my comfort zone. I completed all 10 sections for Midnight shift shawl and now I need to add more sections. Kelley Hobart from Alpaca Direct share tips on how to work the cast on for the Night Shift Shawl pattern by Andrea Mowry. It was really easy to memorize so I didn't have to reference it very often. Do you have a knitter in your life that you would love to give a gift to? The modular stitch repeat makes for a forgiving pattern, handy when yardage or gauge is not always spot on. Sign up for the DreaReneeKnits Newsletter to receive sneak peeks of new patterns, exclusive introductory discounts, video tutorials, and other things she knows youll love!! Quadruple your fading fun!! I looked at otherideas for yarn substitutions, as Spincycle Dream State that Andrea suggests in the pattern costs about $180 (six skeins at $30 per skein). Hand dyed by Created by Elsie B. When the auto-complete results are available, use the up and down arrows to review and Enter to select. Cool textures. This project is a gorgeous 6-skein color shifting shawl that perfectly captures a handspun look no matter what yarn you use. The Nightshift pattern is available for purchase on ravelry.com Yarn kits are available for THREE sizes, depending on how large you want to make your shawl: Shawlette (small): Approximately 40 inch wingspan, blocked. The Melancholia in this one is far more navy, and less turquoise in general. This pattern includes a recipe, to make it all your own, or row by row directions for those who want to play it safe. Grandma Knitting. This pattern includes a recipe, to make it all your own, or row by row directions for those who want to play it safe!" FINISHED MEASUREMENTS. I chose a yarn with long color changes to mimic the Spincycle yarn, Do you struggle with fixing your knitting mistakes or dropped stitches? This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. Andrea has just launched a new Dream State shawl, this one called Inclinations. TY! Today. It was really easy to memorize so I didnt have to reference it very often. Done! 27-12-2018 As many people write me, here are the color sections I used, I hope it will help (the first color is always the background). I chose based on high contrast (Mississippi Marsala (A very blue version)/Devilish Grin (Red)/Stay Ready(Brown)). Nightshift, the shawl that works that mesmerizing slip-stitch mosaic pattern at a larger gauge. Find out! To make our Akari version of the Nightshift, you'll need: Background: 1 skein of Akari in Nachi Falls, Foreground: 1 skein each of Akari in Tottori Dunes and Toshima, US 8 32-inch circular needle Nightshift Pattern. You can view your wishlist by creating or login account. This section doesnt currently include any content. It is devilishly irresistible, this new pattern, so I will be diving in on it as soon as I finish this Nightshift. It also provides you with the formula for how to match your colors together as well in case you dont want to have to think about it. by Kelley Hobart March 26, 2019 The pattern is a repetition of 5 little designs and 5 big designs from the beginning to the end. This super fun shawl has an even larger canvas for color play! My colours correspond to the pattern colours as follows: To finish, the shawl was immersed in a bath of cool water for around 10 minutes, the water was drained, and the shawl pressed between towels to remove the excess. $230.40, $288.00 Seconds Weekender KAL Brick & Mortar Location+Hours Brands We Carry I would just keep going on the long edge until its the size youd like it to be! The piece was pinned out on a blocking matt, attention given to the triangular shaping of the shawl. Would you like to save this project for later? Colour-play was also going to be a big part . Designed by Out of the Sandbox. I must say Im not a fan of having to sew up the back, but it is a fun pattern. Original Price $288.00 Just a suggestion. The worsted weight yarn spun up very quickly, I had everything spun up in under a month! Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. Click here to purchase the pattern on Ravelry. This unique fiber blend of silk, cotton, mohair, wool and viscose (yes, all of those!) I certainly wasnt disappointed by the merino and Merino X fibres. Knitting Ideas. Knitting Designs. My English pen pal of 60 years sent me yarn for the Nightshift shawl. Section 2 : MDK is where I learned about the yarn and the designer. Can I get this pattern for DYED IN THE WOOL yarn? It was so much fun! Shlanket (large): Approximately 68 inch wingspan. The pattern is a repetition of 5 little designs and 5 big designs from the beginning to the end. Enjoyed knitting this, but hate that the long edges roll up. Gradually Ive realised that I just need to get the process started by making one key decision. Working from my stash, I pulled out hand dyed braids in Merino and similar fibres and started grouping compatible colourways. So many possibilities! is soft to the touch but has a nice heft that makes for supreme coziness! Crochet Hat Pattern. Then work 40 rows of the stitch pattern (given on page 4), alternating the gradient used for the background color and the gradient used for the 'blips' color for each repeat. This is where I had to decide which color combinations I was going to put together. Join Kelley's Knit Club: https://www.alpacadirect.com/products/kelleys-knit-club** Join our Facebook VIP **group for daily knitting and crochet inspiration: https://www.facebook.com/groups/alpacadirectvip** More Tutorials, Free Patterns and Yarns **Shop for yarn and more at: https://www.alpacadirect.com** Subscribe to this channel **Click here to subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=alpacadirect I agree with you! Local friends, we have a Nightshift class on the schedule for July and August. Using yarn we carry in our store and background yarn from my stash, I was able to make this beautiful shawl for around $35. If you make Nightshift with fingering weight yarn and the specified gauge, youll have a much smaller finished piece. Comments will be approved before showing up. I felt that it was important to complete all the spinning before I started knitting for this project in order to determine colour placement within the knitted shawl. Overall, this pattern is a BLAST to knit up! Knit Or Crochet. It is not. The pattern is available for purchase from ravelry.com The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn. FREE U.S. End your shawl with repeat of row 24. Finished size as designed is 5" x 60". Theres good reason why this pattern has 3800+ projects on Ravelry. Gauge: 20 sts and 40 rows = 4"/10 cm on size US 6/4 mm needles in Garter st, after blocking. Needles: Whatever you need to obtain 24-28 sts/ 4 in (6-7 sts/in) in pattern when blocked. Wish more designers would sub yarn on the cost affordable side for the rest of us. Note that the pattern calls for worsted weight yarn but that these kits are forfingering weight yarn not worsted weight. There are numerous, stacking striped motifs that enhance the overall effect of this style of knitting. 1450 yards total of yarn. This super fun shawl has an even larger canvas for playing with color than The Shift Cowl! Nightshift by Andrea Mowry Andrea Mowry $79.00 Nightshift is a larger shawl version of The Shift which is a fun and engaging knit with shifting colors. It all makes sense in the end. Short Description: The Cherry and Plum shawl is inspired by Hanami, a long-standing Japanese tradition of welcoming spring. Sign up for our email list and get 10% off your next order in the MDK Shop! Beautiful colorways of Malabrigo Rios chosen just for you, for Andrea Mowry's beautiful Nightshift shawl pattern! This pattern includes a recipe, to make it all your own, or row by row directions for those who want to play it safe! I couldnt decide what to take with me on a two month holiday, leaving next week.