Chelsea Gray has an LRV of 23 it will absorb light and look quite heavy in a room without adequate lighting. Do you have a favorite for a light gray for Wall and favorite wainscot white contrast that looks nice with creamy white furniture for a dining room area? If youd like me to take a look at your home via photos and spend some time with it, I do have affordable E-design that you might find helpful! This has a brown cast along with Swiss Coffee (recommended by the painter who wants to use Kelly Moore Paint). The main floor is all open concept kitchen, living room, dining room, & entrance way. Stucco I thought maybe I could do Gray Owl from Benjamin Moore. This is a very popular gray paint color. Then there are the three very visible garage doors. Hi Kylie, your blog posts are extremely helpful thank you! We recently purchased a house built in 1989. However, I love the warm neutral greys that are currently out there but having such a hard time to pick a right greige color for our open concept due to the the fact that I have too much dark wood going one (I wished I had white trim). So, you would like really quite a light gray colour but still enough colour to give some contrast with white. 1. Although it's dark, when paired with light colours, it really shines - bringing a warmth and liveliness to all colors.". Edgecomb gray complementary colors vs. Hi Leslie! Yes, Gray Owl can totally go blue and even Revere Pewter can be a bit unpredictable. Compared to Repose Gray, Revere Pewter is las a lot more brown and taupe, making it a greige. The Most Popular Gray Paint Color | Benjamin Moore Revere PewterRevere Pewter by Benjamin Moore is a popular gray paint color for a reason. I do love Revere Pewter. When you look at the little chip of Willow it seems dark, but when applied it comes up as a lovely dark brown. I think it looks best paired with deep, bold colors that provide a pop of contrast to the gray. If you want to check out my E-design, its right here https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ Natural Muslin is a similar idea, but the contrast is lower between it and Revere Pewter and might not be quite enough youd have to see. Any ideas of shades that will compliment the oak? A kitchen in white and shades of gray with the kitchen island painted in Chelsea Gray. Like Revere Pewter, Collingwood sits in the middle range on the LRV scale with a value of 62. These two are the most alike in my opinion. Photo by Ferguson Bath, . Revere Pewter and Repose Gray are similar in that they share the same green undertone, but when compared side by side, Repose Gray has a much cooler, bluish/purple undertone. . Revere Pewter is another greige paint color. I tried Simply White, OC-117 and Super White and both do provide the contrast I would like. Rockport Gray. In particular, Revere Pewter. Anytime I mention Cloud White below, keep in mind that Simply White is also a viable option Cloud White is just a wee smidge heavier. This is another gray-beige or greige. Family room unsure but consultant suggested RP but I find too dark and thinking Smokey Green. However you seem familiar with the idea of tinting things to change the depth, so that being said, Id be curious to see what Revere Pewter looked like with 1/2 the pigment. Remember, Mindful Gray is on the gray end of the greige scale. In the brighter rooms we did Stonington Gray and the cooler rooms we did Revere Pewter. I learned to look for undertones. I find Edgecomb to be MUCH more predictable compared to those 2, as when it shifts it really seems to only go from beige to gray, but only minorly. Balboa Mist is kind of like a lighter, softer version of Collingwood. Natural sunlight? We sampled six popular Benjamin Moore gray paints, and narrowed it down to two. Hi Laura, I actually do have a fab blog post for that! I will get to it asap , Hi Kylie, Hi Nicole, they both do SUCH different things and both will work! Thank you for your help! Thinking I want to paint the family room a deep gray, like chelsea gray, and kitchen a pale yellow but Im not sure what yellow to pick that wont be too obnoxious. Click HERE or on the above image to see available packages, Lets take a quick break to talk about paint samples, Undoubtedly, youll be heading out in the near future to grab paint samples stop right there! Hi Heather, sounds like you have quite the undertaking! / Rockport Gray. I have also had problems with griege paint going too purple. I do try to give as much complimentary info on my blog as I can, and if that doesnt work it might be time for me to check out your home via my E-design, this way I can look at your exposure/flooring/decor, etc, otherwise Im just guessing! Picking the Perfect Gray Paint {Revere Pewter} By Laura February 20, 2013. 359 , Road No. I love your before (beige) and after (gray) pics. So my first bit of advicenever listen to your friends (wink wink Winking smile). It has slight greige/green undertones. Repose Gray is a gorgeous Sherwin Williams gray paint color with beige undertones. Come on in to learn a little more about me! I have white leather and light hardwood floors with a bit of an orange or pinkish hue. Edgecomb Grey vs Revere pewter. And which dark gray would you suggest for a south facing bedroom? AWESOME, I mean, not the purple undertoned white, but the part about my blog helping thats what I love to hear! I do have fun and affordable packages! Revere Pewter - Benjamin Moore. ~Kylie. Thanks, Hi Cinzia, thank you for your note! I have decided on Stonington Gray for the walls, Chealsea Gray for the doors, and Simply White for the trim. Full Paint Colour Review of Benjamin Moore Chelsea Gray, How to Pick the Best Paint Colour with LRV. Again, you can see that Revere Pewter is a little warmer. Your posts on Gray, LRV, and which direction the room is facing have been so helpful!! Peel & Stick Sample. You can see that Revere Pewter has a lot more Deep Gold, which helps warm the color as well. Revere Pewter is a bit warmer than Mindful Gray and also a bit lighter than Mindful Gray. Lighter paint shades REFLECT more light from them and therefore have a HIGHER LRV, and vice versa for darker shades. . I looove Chelsea Gray its just the right visual weight for a bedroom (I have it in mine and love it!!! I didnt want you to think that I am ignoring you, there are just some questions that I like to give more thought to (rather than just rattling off a quick answer) and yours is one of those for sure. Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter HC-172 / LRV: 55. Thanks! For that reason youll want stick with the neutral and warmer grays (as you noted somewhere in your comments), so you are right on track! Thank you for your wonderful site. Any suggestions? I bought a sample of pale oak by BM for the main color and the Amherst grey for an accent wall. Can you recommend a light more neutral gray. They look lovely and I am especially in love with the Chelsea Gray. As for the cabinet finish i would definitely do satin, which is in between eggshell and semi-gloss. My ceiling lights (pendant in the front, track in the back) are silver as well and ceiling fans are also silver. Revere Pewter is essentially a neutral/warm based gray. That question would fall under the 1 Room Package (using it for the trim, rather than the walls I love the warmth/brown undertones of the Rockport which pairs nicely with black counters. Gray is a neutral, this means that it is just as versatile as beige and given the current trends its actually quite easy to find furnishings to accommodate it. influences the color it makes such a big difference . The breakfast nook is the only wall that would need the darker color small, about 8x9 for that one wall, and slender areas between three tall windows in a bay. Read more: Paint Colour Review of Benjamin Moore Collingwood. Check out Revere Pewter, its definitely one of my faves! Hi Linda! I think Im totally committed to the Stonington Gray (for no other reason than we were married, and had our first home in Stonington, CT.lol ) so Ill have to try out some of the other grays to compliment it, Your email address will not be published. Do you want to learn more about colour, either for your own home or your clients homes? Please help! I went with BM Gray Owl matched by my local ACE store with valspar paint. You are correct that Rockport Gray is the darkest (and more green), then Pashmina and then Revere Pewter. If so, then check out SW Collonade Gray or BM Collingwood Gray which are a few of my new faves! What sheen do I use? The color is very very and I mean VERY powder blue! Thanks! Ive found SW to be pretty good, same with H.Depot, but sometimes it depends on the store/employee so you have to double-check the sample (dried) with your original before you leave the store Help please Kylie. Pale Oak vs. Balboa Mist. 80, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad-500033 router bridge mode explained + 91 40 2363 6000 how to change kindle book cover info@vspl.in I could send you the u tube video so you can see a picture of the exterior also interior pictures before the renovations began. Also Know is Revere Pewter more gray or beige. Help ! If you can imagine,I have two spaces. Mid to dark hardwood throughout. Works great if you want to have a modern gray/greige color, but have a . I wanted to do BM Platinum gray, it looked great on the swatch, but once I primed the cabinets and tried it , it looks to cold next to my wall (which is a Cameo White by Berh). What color would you recommend so that it flows nicely and not too choppy? Also, do I paint the cabinet trim white or the same color of the cabinets. Western exposure room? ~Kylie. See more of this stunning bathroom here: A Marble Inspired Ensuite, Paint Colour Review of Benjamin Moore Balboa Mist. I tried Graytint (1611), appears dark. Gray Owl CAN look good on the exterior of a home, but if it gets a good hit of natural light (south or west) it can wash out a LOT. Catherine. Here are just a FEW reasons why I recommend Samplize to my clients. That would leave just a small amount of stucco and trim to be painted a color. Looking to stay on the lighter side of the grays as an adjacent room has BM Willow Creek and just get a more rich look from aBM gray as the SW Light French Gray leaves a lot to desire. Thats good to know, Im going to check it out more! Thank you ! Peel & Stick Sample. Now Im unsure because I have wood looking tile floors that are a medium brown with dark flecks I guess, Hiya! I hope that helps! https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/product-category/exterior-selections/ Please let me know the best way for me to send my info to you. So glad that I found you on pinterest! It was finished in cream stucco and a speckled red brick (hideous). Rockport isn't super happy with lighter cool gray paint colours - they're too cold . Hi Viktoria, that actually is what my E-design is for, talking about specific colours for your home! they look great with cherry-toned cabinets. Hi Susie, Im so sorry for the delay. Hi Suzan, oh I would love to help! I am just beginning to get an understanding of how north facing vs south facing etc. The only thing that light gray really doesnt work with is beige funny enough! May 8, 2012 by Kristin Williams 2 Comments. I thought the Asphalt would make it a little more dramatic! If standing in the front door, there is a large, north facing wall which serves as an accent wall. I do not have a common wall however one wall doesnt have any windows. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ Simply White OC-117 by Benjamin Moore. If youd like to move things faster youre welcome to check out my Online Consulting on my site to see what I offer. ~Sandra, Hi Kylie, most of the posts here refer to north or south-facing windows, so Im finding it difficult to apply your wisdom in others answers to my situation which is all windows facing east or west. Revere Pewter is a lovely colour. It looks like its comparable to SW Mindful Gray which is my favorite but BM paint goes on so much better and looks prettier in my opinion. With an LRV of 37, Rockport Gray will still absorb light but not NEARLY as much as Chelsea Gray and the others. Very much appreciated , Hi Kim! Unlike Revere Pewter which can cast green, Classic Gray has a weeee drop of purple in it, which can sometimes lean just slightly purple-pink. Hiya! . Now compared to other grays (like Chelsea Gray) it almost has a purpleish undertone, so youll want to notice that to make sure it jives with the undertone of the gray in your soft gray tile. I took it to Home Depot and had them color match, but it was a failure, the color did not came out the same. I have hardwood flooring and tile in my bathrooms and kitchen grays/whites tile that looks like wood. Its affordable and fun!~ https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ Wall, a light gray. With millions of inspiring photos from design professionals, you'll find just want you need to turn your house into your dream home. Well of course I always love Cloud White. which is weird because I thought that the northern exposure would of made it less so. Hi Tenley, thank you for your note! The floors are previously painted wood. It feels solidly greige in the shade but warms up quite a bit in the sun. Then there is another more square space that is darker 200 square feet (back area). Personally, I've always found it a little dark and muddy, especially in low-lights rooms, but it's one of those colors that actually looks much better on the whole wall that when you just paint a swatch. They are set-up as an L. Get your own digital color dollop of Revere Pewter HC-172. Any ideas? Edgecomb gray tends to look a bit dull in dark hallways. If you decide to purchase a package, let me know BEFORE you purchase it, so I can invoice you in Canadian dollars (most of my clients are from the USA!). UPDATED Review of Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter, hands-down, one of the MOST POPULAR warm gray paint colours for any room in your home. I love your designs. Simply White.love it. With gray, there are SO many undertones to consider in particular the type of gray thats in your rustic wood flooring. I want the same clean soft beachy feel but without the blue! Well if I were to go on my thoughts wed be here allll day! The house is a bungalow with a three car garage attached. I have an entire house to paint. Shopping List. If that interests you at al. A dark gray for a south facing bedroom? Between Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams. And like Chelsea Gray, it does love to grab a wink o green! Also, if I am going to paint a large, open family room and adjoining hallways SW Collonade gray, what darker shade of gray would look best as an accent color in adjoining kitchen also open to the other space? Please advise. Silver Satin isnt quite as warm as Revere Pewter, but it isnt even remotely cool so that makes it a viable option. In my humble opinion, Pewter definitely has the character that Platinum gray is lacking; however, Im not sure if it plays well with my wall color (Cameo white by HD Behr). While I wouldnt say that its exactly warm looking its definitely softer and warmer looking than Chelsea Gray/Amherst. Learn how your comment data is processed. By Laura October 11, 2022. The colors in natural light that are closest match to my Oat cabinets are 1) Sherwin Williams 'Shitake', 2) Benjamin Moore Affinity 'Pashmina', 3) Benjamin Moore 'Stone Hearth', and 4) HG Sherwin Williams 'Loggia'. Benjamin Moore Rockport Gray I wanted to make sure I include a deeper, more dramatic grey, and BM Rockport Gray is a great pick. we have white washed wood ceilings that tend toward grey with green undertone + a little blue. Classic Gray is a lighter version of Revere Pewter in the same color family - grey with subtle green undertones. When it comes to personal questions I DO need to refer to my e-design. Hope that helps Bert! My historic farmhouse is Chelsea Gray Body with White Dove trim. Gray Owl is a light graypaint colour with super subtle undertones of blue and green. A warm gray would be something like Cumulus Cloud or Collingwood. It acts like white, without being as stark but isnt even close to being an off-white. OC-31. Any thought? If anything it flashes just a touch green, but it shouldnt read too brown. If you prefer to not do off the shelf white then lets go from there.Decorators White is beautiful but it can cast towards the cool side which worries me in your space. Rockport Gray (BM HC-105) . Whether youre a beginner or well-versed in the colour world, these fun online courses will take your colour education to the NEXT LEVEL! I also plan to paint my kitchen and bathroom cabinets in a darker gray, but again, dont want the cabinets too dark so as not to darken the entire house. Hi Kylie, I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog when searching for info on the various Benjamin Moore grays. We love love love Benjamin Moore paint. I do know Swiss Coffee though and and your instincts are right its kind of a murky and odd colour stay away from it. Revere Pewter has similar undertones with a touch more green in the . I tried lightening RP by 50% but its still reading very dark in my house. LRV. Im looking for a modern and more on the warm side grey for a basement apartment that gets moderate light (it has a few northern and southern facing windows). The floors are a dark urban brown finish. Hi Ali, YES, grays can be super tricky depending on your exposure, wood tones, etc Because of the amount of questions/emails that i get in a day, when it comes to personal questions, particularly ones where my reader is having issues I just have to refer to my Online Consulting, so I can see photos of the space and you can fill out a questionnaire, that way I can give you the RIGHT options. White Dove. When it comes to personal questions there is a lot more for me to consider, otherwise Im just guessing! It falls on the mid to lighter end of the scale to make your homes feel comfortable . To keep things soft, skip the bright white and try a shade like Benjamin Moore Cloud White or White Dove for moldings and furniture. Wants: I am tired of beige! Of all the really popular greiges, I find this one to have the most gray. want to go from beige to gray. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I see color and the depth of the color (dark/light) and thats it until its all over the wall and Im crying over a glass of wine. One of Benjamin Moore's top colors is Revere Pewter. So far I have classic gray , gray mist etc., am I on the right track? Rockport Gray. Repose Gray vs. Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter . Revere Pewter walls look great with ceilings and trim in Benjamin Moore's White Chocolate 2149-70. This is a fun color to play around with because of the width and . Cabinets are white, tile is white, grout it white, and counters are a blue pearl color (aka black). Pin My condo gets very little light; it faces Northwest with a beautiful Monterey Pine just off my deck. Cement Gray will certainly feel more spa-like but you HAVE to know that it will be like a soft grayish purple on your walls. If that interest you, heres a link to the exterior packages! Finding a great taupe is a tricky but not impossible. heres the link to check out https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/. You can see the striking difference between it and Stonington Gray. It's a warm gray that has a lot of depth and looks great with pops of color. Comparing LRVs, Revere Pewter comes in at 55.1, while Repose Grey is 60, meaning Repose Gray is overall a lighter color, and reflects more light. Revere Pewter is a bit darker with deeper brown undertones. The wood color I have not decided yet. 3292020 Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter and Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray HC-173 are very similar . Very lovely, but an underlying purple undertone might surprise you For this reason a lot of people go toward Revere Pewter, Gray Owl or Classic Gray when they want a softer look. Wahoo, me too! Im not familiar with Kelly Moore paint, but if they are a large enough company just make sure that they dont do their colour matching by eye only. Consistency of a paint color, especially when you are trying to use a common paint color in your public spaces, is really . Love the gray! Of the 2, I would lean toward Gray Owl. With the room being east facing, youll find that in the afternoons both colours can feel a bit drab as the sun goes to the other side of the sky. Not that they dont have a good decorative sense, but sometimes it can be misguided by personal taste. The carpet would be a medium gray for the living/dining area (do not want it to be too light to show wear and tear) and the hallway to be laminate wood. It was extremely informative. Any help would be so appreciated!! Hi Ginny! I love the details about grays. Im NOT a pink/purple fan at all and have this in my home and LOVE it. It is a very bright foyer with lots of windows and open ceiling . https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-consultation/. http . I live in SK but looking at your furniture refinishing a today and I may have to make a trip there!!! Its this white that really offers the cleanest and freshest contrast to a soft gray colour. My living room has south and west facing windows, very well lit. Im moving into a new build with an open concept kitchen/living dining room. Basically grab a can, shake it and take it! The other gray i looked at was Cement Grayi thought that might make it look more spa-like. Revere Pewter. Hi Rachel, I would love to help but have been swamped with my day-to-day business and my Online Consulting. Since the Jet Mist can sometimes look gray, just wondered your thoughts on that pairing.