Be aware that wire-strung harps dont have any bridge pins. Free shipping for many products! Interesting vintage postcard. Natural finish. Re-strung and regulated. This one is 14 years old with a few small signs of wear but in very solid shape and sings like a bird. Our Story. Full Salvi Levers. Used second hand harps | Blondel, Lyon & Healy, Avalon, Erard Gothic, Erard Grecian, Aoyama Orpheus USED harps If you would like to list your harp for free on this page, or for us to actively sell it for you, please contact us to make arrangements. The data published accurately represents police responsiveness to people in urgent emergency situations and we continue to work with BT to expand on the 999 data that we publish. Tel: 01970 615000 As Ukulele players, we will focus on this instrument for starters and then we will develop informational material for every instrument that has strings on it! 26 strings from C below middle C. 42 at tallest point. THE ONLINE SHOP IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED! Box 19, West Lebanon, NH 03784. Email: [emailprotected], I would like to be emailed about offers, events and updates from Cambrian News. - Used CD - D138A at the best online prices at eBay! Salvi Una -. Some players discover the handles tough to see. Consignment harpsare left here for sale by a privateparty. Hand painting Our passion is creating an eclectic mix of harps to suit individuals, catering for all ages, abilities and genres. Call for details. With some basic skills understood, youll be quickly playing music that will fill your home and soul with joy! Workshop? Making the national instrument in Wales, Teifi Harps are built with the experience of almost sixty years of harp making and design. Structural problems with harps tend to show themselves after lets say three years. If you do decide to buy a second hand harp after all, Id suggest phoning the harp shops there may well be harps available that they havent yet put online, or they might know of rental harps that are due to come back shortly. Designed specifically for mid and bass-range strings; two frets engage the string which minimizes distortion or scraping/buzzing noise that may occur with single-point action. FWIW, I did a LOT of investigation on the Teifi harps, talking to the gentlemen over in Wales on numerous occasions, and lots of emails. Teifi Harps announced on social media last week that the business was to hang up its tools "due to circumstances entirely beyond our control". Cefn Llan Science Park By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. - Make a list of what you really want in a harp in terms of sound and feel. Dusty Strings FH36S with Abalone Celtic Knot Gold Style 23 #3751 - Sale pending Inquire for Availability With personalised colours, carving and artwork, our harps come in all shapes and sizes perfectly suited to each individual. United-Kingdom , Signed teifi pottery. Fender Montecito Tenor Ukulele: Best 2023 Review. Used & Second-hand Harps for Sale & Hire | Affairs of the Harp Harps for Sale & Hire Click on the make to view full details of the harp. The Hempson is an OK beginner instrument (I have one that I rent out to students when they first start to play) but in my opinion it isnt an instrument that would take you very far. Usually discovered only on Lyon and Healy (Performance) and Salvi lever harps (Salvi lever), these work by pushing the string horizontally in opposition to a stop pin, rather than vertically, which helps to maintain the string in its unstopped alignment. This natural maple harp comes with a tuning key and cloth case. Ethical sustainable. Teifi Telor and Gwennol with Standard Pedal Gauge Strings. The sharping levers allow the harper to play in different keys without having to retune the instrument. This Robyn student harp was purchased by us direct from the manufacturer in 2012 and is in excellent general condition, having been owned and played exclusively by our daughter. Some checking of the soundboard shows between the rows of strings. You may google How to select a lever harp to get an impression of the things that may be of interest to you. A countryregion of manufacture of the type wales and also to an origin mentioned as wales just as this product are a handmade. Im in Cornwall in the U.K. and bought a Teifi Eos at the end of 2019. Grass is always greener, they say. It sports a full set of Truitt levers for easy access to any key and comes with a deluxe carrying case, harp stand and tuning key. Don't just find a harp you love, find one that completely suits you! Maybe you could negotiate something like this if it is not offered spontaneously. Capital reserves are ring-fenced for capital investment. Cherry & Mahogany finish. I think I just need to put all the harp makers in a hat and close my eyes and pick. Quality, Functionality, & Price Taking the First Steps Exploring Our Harps Jordan levers are plastic composites marketed through Music Makers. Most harps sound better when they have been played for a few years (or even just a few months). Second Hand Ravenna 34. I dont know your situation, but maybe, just maybe, you could be one of the lucky students that dont have to pay VAT on their instrument. Completely different size grooves are present for different string diameters and the cams are simply replaced. As usual, I recommend this website to get an idea of what you want. As at Mar 2018, PCCs held over 1.4bn in usable resource reserves. With a full set of Loveland levers, an ergonomic tuning key and padded carry bag, this is a professional model harp at a substantial savings. I havent tried the models that youve narrowed down but I concur with the others about the Camac quality. This harp seems really beautiful and has a beautiful sound from recordings Ive heard. New in 1994. Levers pivot on a steel compression pin, which can need a drop of machine oil if heavily used. 2 talking about this. Fixed to the neck with a hex head machine screw (some makers use wood screws), the Loveland is discovered on many high-quality harps. Tag: used lever harp for sale Lyon and Healy. These levers are sometimes discovered on harps from Pakistan. With a walnut body and Baltic birch soundboard, it has a sweet voice that carries well. The Siff Saff 34 string folk lever harp is our student harp. If possible, go to a harp festival and take the time to try out everything. Ive never touched a Teifi just love the sound. E.g, I love Camac harps and found: https://wales.camac-harps.com/en/second-hand/ With 2 harps within your price range. Below are some nice used harps we have already SOLD. Other levers displace the string up and down, once more, a small amount, keeping the string spacing the same but moving the string out toward the hand of the player. Types of harps. Up to 6 months rent credit can be applied to Consignment Harps. Solid spruce un-veneered soundboard has several small horizontal separations which are to be expected and should not be a problem. Dusty Strings Crescendo 34. Number . Of the brand studio - A production technique mentioned as 'pottery' - Including: small, bowl - Used. But this is a large investment for anyone, and you should try and find a way to play before buying, dont worry about being a beginner just play what you can and see if the instrument is good for you. GitHub export from English Wikipedia. Other harp models from both companies are available to order by request, which gives even the professional harpist wonderful options to upgrade their harps or expand their harp family!, I was thrilled that Vermont Violins approached me to help with this project. Rees, Truitt levers, and Camac levers voice very cleanly and provide some flexibility in string diameter. The sharping groove is built-in into the cam and one size suits all but the fattest strings. Removable leg base, Lap board, cloth case and tuning key. https://wales.camac-harps.com/en/cardiff-camac-harp-weekend-2019/. I can think of checking that none of the strings buzz when open or levered, and that all the levers are working, and that the harp isnt cracked or warped. If she cant accompany you, its important to have a checklist of all the things you need to know when selecting a second hand harp. Perfectly suited for beginners, this instrument is also an excellent choice for advanced and professional players because of its versatility and reliability. Flat back. The harp's musical heritage is deeply and passionately entrenched in Welsh culture, and the harp is undoubtedly our national instrument. and then, COVID. 49 at tallest point. The levers seem very high quality and overall it seems slightly better than the Hempson, which is reflected in the price. Details. I sold this harp to this family in 1985. It is available to view and may be played by anyone who would like to test the quality. Saturday 10am-5pm, Online Store Email: Are there any cosmetic imperfections? 10.5 Lbs. Strings in good condition. Im a beginner harpist looking to buy my first harp. His coffin came to Bangor by train but he was buried at the estate's 16th-century chapel. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated . Camac levers can activate two fret pins that maintain the string centered and aligned. It sports a full set of Truitt levers for easy access to any key and comes with a deluxe carrying case, harp stand and tuning key. . Used. In some rare cases, shipping can be arranged. LOL. For example, a string tuned to F when the sharping lever is neutral becomes an F# when the sharping lever is engaged or, more interestingly, for individuals who wish to have the key of F in their harp, a string tuned to B-flat when the lever is neutral becomes B-natural when the lever is actuated. One of the earliest sharping levers, the Robinson lever remains to be discovered on economy harps and is helpful when the player expects to rarely encounter accidentals, merely changing keys from time to time. A finish qualified as polished. No case. 34 strings low A up to F. (When we used these as rentals we sent them out with Rubbermaid stools to get them to adult playing height). I live in the USA, and even checked in with a Vermont Violin shop who used to carry them. My sincere apologies for this inconvenience and I hope we will be able to resume in a few weeks time hopefully sometime in February. This gives you the opportunity to find out what you really like (or dont like) in a harp. Includes case and tuning key.$5000, This Dusty Strings Crescendo 34 is only three years old but has been well-cared for and is in showroom condition. Like new. These levers are often installed on Josephus rental instruments, however, might sometimes be found on used harps. Another suggestion: rent a harp before you buy one. Cherry wood with Autumn leaf wood ornamentation. Of the brand teifi but also the theme dragon. but a few things stopped me. I worried about spending so much money but it is the best thing I ever did. 33 strings on each side, Walnut wood, ornamentation, Truitt levers on C, F & B, Padded case, full set of strings. A really solid lever body, with less of an in your face look than the Camacs and Delacours. Nylon or gut strings? Includes transport cover set. Sharping Levers additionally provides assistance for accidentals when needed. It was new in 2015. Asking $14,900. 1) They (Teifi) are in WALES! It has the original ski feet with no way to add legs. 21,500.00 o.n.o. YES! I dont know how things are in the UK, but where I live I got a warranty of a year on each of my second hand harps. And if youve ever played piano, well, the harp is a keyless piano so note reading will be a breeze. Etc. . Cost is a factor for.me as well but I love the harelquin wood and the birds on the sound board! I was wondering whether anyone here has experience with this harp? 34 strings. Based in the heart of West Wales, Teifi Harps continues the long tradition of making the national instrument of Wales, building on 60 years of tradition and innovation. T: (603) 298-7198. The cheapest 34 String Salvi costs have a look at: https://www.thomann.de/gb/harps.html?sw=harp&price-first=0&filter=true&manufacturer%5B%5D=Salvi&manufacturer%5B%5D=Lyon%20%26%20Healy. Italian arpa tripla [ edit] The triple harp originated in 16th-century Italy. It ends up being cheaper in the long run because you buy the harp you really want, instead of buying harps again and again. Even cheaper: https://earlymusicshop.com/products/4027s-camac-hermine-harp-in-walnut-34-alliance-strings-with-metal-levers-and-tuning-key-no-bag-but-includes-camac-dust-cover. What else comes with it string chart, tuning wrench, etc.? For me this was the best lever Harp I have ever played and its a dream of mine to eventually own one. A check list or questions for buying a used harp: Was it made by an established harp maker and when? We also sell Visconti leather bags to store & carry your harp strings. Resource reserves are categorised into a general fund to cover unforeseen pressures and earmarked reserves which are each held for a specific purpose. With sadness but also with thanks for the wonderful times, All of us at Telynau Teifi Cyf. Click on an image to see a larger picture, Telynau Teifi Robyn Harp 34 lever excellent condition. New in 1997. Second Hand Harps For more information regarding any of the harps below (unless specified), to book a viewing, or to list a harp to sell, please contact the Pilgrim Harps - 01342 893242 Harps listed in ascending price order (mobiles list pedal harps then lever harps) PEDAL HARPS Grecian 1,800 Description: This is a beautiful Grecian Harp. I guess I will have to wait and see how she (or he) strikes me. Slightly smaller than their Grand Concert models but the lowest note is C. Good condition. Other than that Im not really sure what to look for. I hope to visit there one day. Pay only the first months rent and delivery upfront. It is finished in Matt black with an ash soundboard and has no marks or damage to the woodwork. This contains material that includes more than two lines of sheet music, and asks for fingering advice. You can also look at Salvi and Dusty Strings. Sounds great, though not exceptional, in all ranges. 25 years old. It would be great if she would accompany you to select a quality harp within your price range that would keep you happy for many years. Where are you? We are pleased to offer a variety of previously owned harps for sale in our shop. This lever has received rave opinions from numerous well-known luthiers. I have been enjoying my Salvi Titan and you all helped make my dream of being able to own a harp a reality!. Despite its small size, it delivers a bright clear tone that carries well. Designed in the Nineteen Eighties by Peter Brough of Britain, these are very solid cast bronze that minimizes distortion. New in 2011. Sharping levers achieve this by shortening the vibrating length of the string to a specific amount with an added fret while slightly stretching the string. Does anyone have any experience with this harp? 22 strings. Its a combination. In some rare cases, shipping can be arranged. Hello New to forum. That way you get a 30 Days Money Back Guarantee (which in fact is only a 14 Days Money Back Guarantee, as you would have to pay for the return costs after 14 days (within the 30 day period). The longer cam handles specially used by Dusty Strings are now a standard feature on all their levered harps. If you dont have an account yet, youll need toemail usto set one up. Teifi Harps is a local, Welsh company striving to keep alive the tradition of harpmaking in Wales and making a good job of it too. Welcome to The Harp Centre of Wales. Base cover and dust cover included. Show. He explained to me the order process and what to expect until it would be delivered to my home. Quality control is extremely variable although it has been reported to be enhancing. I love that rich tone! Often, a rental from a reputable shop comes with nice opportunities to get part (or even all) of your rental money back if you buy the harp (or sometimes even another harp) within a certain period, lets say half a year. Teifi Eos. Moreover, these levers have experienced incremental improvements which have addressed some of the small initial manufacturing issues and provided for much more consistency and reliability. Make a list of what you really want in a harp in terms of sound and feel. For sale openly. FWIW, I did a LOT of investigation on the Teifi harps, talking to the. Judith Hannington demonstrates the Teifi Siff Saff student harp and explains why it's been an ideal harp for her and for harp students in general. Harps are very important to Wales. Dusty Strings FH36S. Financing can be arranged. and our Best Delay Pedals On The Market: Top 15 Models! Who owned it and how often has it been played? Lowest note E, 12 notes below middle C. If you look at the harp from the string side, the longest string is on your right. Exclusive about other approaches to harp playing, This contains a negative or exclusive attitude towards other approaches to harp playing. But perhaps the most important aspect to me is how much fun this harp is to play. Burlington: 5 Green Tree Drive (Unit B); South Burlington, VT 05403. Lyon Healy Harps - Salvi Harps - Rees Harps (maker of the "Harpsicle") - Dusty Strings - Telynau Teifi. In excellent condition, this harp is ready to travel with you. Celtic Harper What type of harp should I get? I dont know the service UK harp shops offer though. We are beyond proud of the instruments that we have made and the new directions in which we have pushed the harp as the traditional instrument of Wales.