If you have any questions about new credit cards, how to select the right card or how to improve your credit score, you can trust our experts to guide you in the right direction. 0000001755 00000 n What credit cards don't require a deposit? This is a requirement of Google. They are good for people who use transport frequently. Via mail Complete the balance transfer and refund form to cancel your go card and transfer the balance to another valid card . Can You Get a Student Credit Card With No Income? Damaged or defective myki smartcards can be replaced for free on the spot at a PTV Hub. This is how I feel when people ask if I can fax them a form. Your balance is protected from the time you tell us your myki is lost or stolen. Also take note of any balance transfer fees, annual fees, APRs on purchases and added features. When I realised I had dropped it somewhere on the way to work I logged into Mymyki.com.au and blocked it. 0000118744 00000 n Key points: A third of Melbourne's public transport users will be able to use the app The Government is in talks with Apple to develop an iPhone version What is the best balance transfer credit card? Fast forward a month and my card had still not arrived (myki screwed up my address), so I escalated the matter and complained to a supervisor. %PDF-1.5 % 0000005119 00000 n The phone is awake whenever the screen is turned on, even it's locked. 0000003206 00000 n If your card is registered, simply notify PTV on 1800 800 007 and they will freeze the account and transfer the money onto a new card. endobj When I went online and tried to get a refund they asked me for my card number from the last top-up, I tried a few cards but can't seem to get it right. If our equipment cant read your damaged or defective myki, it may take extra time to transfer the remaining balance to your new myki: Well still give you a new myki smartcard on the spot. You can read the Terms of Service online. You start by buying a $5 SIM and then add PAYG credit that can be purchased in $15, $25, or $35 amounts. there's no excuse for this money-grubbing by the Myki corporation.Sure there is transferring money between cards is not the primary function. You paid down debt, which means you won't have to pay interest on previous balances going . Yes. The balance transferred when the old card expired. You can register up to eight active mykis on an individual account. If you're still travelling after 2 hours, you'll be charged a daily fare. A balance transfer can give you the flexibility to: Pay off high-interest balances Check your Mobile myki, you may be in negative balance or your myki Pass may have expired. The MoneyGeek editorial team ensures it stays up to date on the latest credit card offers as well as changes in fee structures. <>/BS<>/F 4/Rect[309.25 205.16 568.9 217.81]/StructParent 4/Subtype/Link>> With a registered myki you can check your myki balance, top up, buy a myki, get notified when your myki is due to expire and more. How does credit and credit cards work for students? To transfer any funds from your existing myki to Mobile myki you'll need to deactivate the existing card. Within the phone, go to Settings > System > About phone. Step 5: Apply for the New Card. endstream What are the best student credit cards for cash back? Mobile myki can only be transferred to another device if the myki card is deactivated and moved to the new device. I also had left-over balance on my old Android "Myki Mobile" phone - which I should use up. replacement card and to organise a balance transfer from your old myki to your new one. If you buy a myki from a retailer, ticket office window or myki machine or buy a Mobile myki, it's unregistered. Victoria's troubled myki public transport system is causing Melbourne to fall behind other global cities, hampered by decades-old technology and a poor customer . For each transfer: 3% intro fee ($5 min) in first 60 days, after that 5% ($5 min) 670. Check your phone to make sure you're connected to WiFi or mobile data. For example: replacing a full fare myki with another full fare myki, or a student concession myki with another student concession myki, or a seniors concession myki with another seniors concession myki. Carrying out multiple transfers to a single credit card may affect your credit score by increasing or decreasing your credit utilization ratio (the percentage of the amount youve borrowed from your total available credit). Transfer your physical travel card to your iPhone On your iPhone, open the Wallet app. If your Android phone with Mobile myki has been lost or stolen, contact your service provider immediately to have the phone blocked. This could save you money if you're moving the balance to a card with a much lower interest rate. If you wish to transfer balances from multiple cards, select the ones with the highest APRs first. Wtf? Tap Travel Card. FAX?! My Myki was due to expire after three years. How hard can it be to transfer money from a card that I own to another card that I own, both under my name and both registered to my account? What is the best cash advance credit card? Transferring balances from multiple credit cards to a single card to consolidate your debt might work well if you have a concrete payment plan in place. The balance of any myki pass or myki money will be transferred to your new card five (5) days after your current myki card has expired. Cookie Notice 3. Your balance is protected from the time you tell us your myki is lost or stolen. The money comes straight off the credit card you registered in Google Pay, and the new balance is written immediately onto the Mobile Myki "virtual card". Choose your top up value and minimum balance. JavaScript must be enabled to use this site.We're sorry for any inconvenience. A balance transfer lets you use a credit card to pay debt on another credit card. If you're still travelling after 2 hours, you'll be charged a daily fare. View all transactions related to your myki for the previous 6 months, select your myki then select Activity. 182 0 obj We can only see Mobile myki information if you register your Mobile myki viaRegister your myki. But what if the amount is comparable to or less than the postage? December 29, 2022 - 1:47PM. <> 0000014445 00000 n Simply allow 24 hours for travel and transactions to appear. You can only activate a Mobile myki on one device at a time. Pay down your credit card debt. You can also update it there if youre not on the latest version. Refunds cannot be issued for less than $5. Your Mobile myki will now appear in Google Wallet. The balance transfer program features: Low balance transfer rate at your standard purchase APR* Low fee of just 3% (minimum of $5) hbbf`b``30 ap Then he said he could order a replacement one to be posted to me. Victorian public transport users will be able to put away their Myki cards and tap on using their smartphones with a new mobile ticketing system being introduced this week. I was told there was nothing I could do for this one as it wasn't registered. Go to Settings > Connected devices > NFC. Alright I'll bite - the first one with the $26 had been registered, so I asked the call centre agent if he could transfer the money onto the new Myki (I had just bought a THIRD one) and he said it couldn't be done. 0000003774 00000 n damage that exceeds normal wear and tear. Auto-load is the same as auto top up. Because most balance transfers do not happen immediately, it is important that you continue to make payments on your current balances until you confirm that the balance has been transferred. This is unfair, and I don't think this cost is refunded if you submit the form for a refund. Or you can buy another card, then fill in a form and get the balance of the old one transferred, as well as a refund on the new card's purchase price. The primary benefit of a 0% balance transfer credit card is the 0% introductory APR offer. You can register your Mobile myki via Register your myki. Sorry, the Seniors Card program cannot replace lost myki cards. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. If you get a new card with a 0% APR offer on balance transfers, you might need to initiate the process within a stipulated time frame to make use of the offer. Keep in mind that credit utilization is also affected by individual card balances. I've had really good experiences with Myki and was an early adopter, but this? Now, on the form it says I need the card to be re-imbursed. How do I know if my balance transfer was approved? Hoping to transfer the same balance repeatedly over time by using different balance transfer cards with 0% APR offers is fraught with risks. Find out how much to top up at Fares. If you're using an international payment card you won't be able to top up via the PTV website. -- Lee Huffman, credit card expert at BaldThoughts.com. xen0. If your card provider sends transaction-related notifications via email or text messages, you may expect to receive one when your balance transfer is approved. You can use the ticket number to register your myki or if you require a refund. Opinions expressed here are the authors and/or WalletHub editors'. Transferring the balance to a card with a 27% APR and a 3% transfer fee means paying $810 in interest a year, plus a $90 balance-transfer fee. I know there's nothing you can do. 0000013222 00000 n Whats the Difference between Business vs. You can also see your myki Money balance, myki Pass expiry and last 10 transactions on a myki machine, Quick Top Up or myki Check myki equipment. The cost would have been deducted from the balance at transfer. 0000002627 00000 n Yes, you can transfer your American Express balance to another credit card as long as it is issued by a different credit card company. That works the same as Auto Top-Up on a physical Myki card - both add Myki Money when your balance falls below a value you have set. Youll need to complete a V/Line Passenger Refund Application Form. We recommend visiting the card issuers website for the most up-to-date information available. V/Line paper tickets can become invalid because of: Replace your ticket at any staffed V/Line station. In person at a PTV hub , or a premium metropolitan station or staffed V/Line station inside the myki boundary. Back story: I lost my Myki which had ~$26 left on it on Friday afternoon. Auto Load set up within Mobile myki can take up to 10 minutes to top up myki Money. Tap the Add button . Press J to jump to the feed. Would be easier if they would transfer the balance onto an existing card, but hopefully that's coming. The train from Flinders took so long to leave that by the time I got to St. Albans, myki had assumed I wasn't going to touch off and checked by off automatically, deducting the default fare. You will need to provide identification to show that you are the registered myki card holder. Now you cannot access it on your original device. John Miller, Credit Cards Moderator. I realise this is not a life-changer, but there's a principle at stake. Balance transfers usually go through in five to seven days, although they may take longer. You can also request up to two years of travel and transaction history by calling1800 800 007. You can request a new, free myki smartcard through your online account. The short version. For the most current information about a financial product, you should always check and confirm accuracy with the offering financial institution. For instance, your applications for new cards and balance transfers remain subject to approval. Load money onto your card and myki will calculate the lowest fare based on the zones you travel through, with access to access 2-hour and daily fares. 188 0 obj @john_miller 03/01/23 This answer was first published on 03/01/23. 216 0 obj 184 0 obj If you travel occasionally pay as you go with myki Money. We cant replace a lost or stolen unregistered myki. JavaScript must be enabled to use this site.We're sorry for any inconvenience. Adelaide Metro metroCARDs are rechargeable plastic cards that you can use on buses, trains and trams. Most of my travels are in the free tram zone and Im sydney based, so its taking me forever to spend the initial credit that was on the card when purchased (I think it was $30). All myki smartcards expire after four years. Why are the PTV and Victorian Minister for Transport allowing Myki to get away with this? 178 0 obj I have had a myki card virtually since the start date. You would break even only after a year. A reserved V/Line paper ticket can be replaced before your day of travel at any staffed V/Line station, once you complete a V/Line Passenger Refund Application Form. It appears as a "Approved Level 2" request on my myki account on the website. What is the best credit card for fair or average credit? The easiest option is to call PTV on 1800 800 007. No. MoneyGeek experts analyze the spending trends of Americans by relying on data provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Tell them that you want to escalate the matter and lodge a complaint and they'll likely just sort it out in a '21st century' manner. Irrespective of the card provider handling your transfer, you may expect to find out the estimated turnaround time in advance. Image what could have been done with a billion fucking dollars. Tell us how much you're transferring and which card you're transferring from - make sure you have your card details to hand. No. Your new issuer may approve the full amount or only part of your balance transfer, depending on your credit limit and the issuer's transfer limits. Buy your go card today Select your go card go card is available for adults, children, and eligible seniors and concession card holders. The process begins when you submit a balance transfer application. the PVT website says: "What to do with your myki when you leave Melbourne. To complete these transfers for the entire amounts on both cards, you will need an available credit limit of at least $9,270 on your new card. Here's where to find it: After logging in to your account, go to "Card Details.". I hadn't registered this new one yet but I had the receipt with the date/time/transaction number/myki terminal number. Learner permit or driver test. Consider a balance transfer card that has an intro $0 balance transfer fee for a certain time frame or waives the fee . Meticulous in his research, he provides accurate and up-to-date information. You can then see what Android version youre on. 0000002274 00000 n This makes it cheaper to forfeit the money, which becomes an unearned source of revenue for Myki. It takes longer to get through the platform barriers than it did under Metcard, you are charged for the physical card separately to the fare for travel, the much-touted advantage of "touch on and touch off for the lowest fare" adds no value for the hundreds of thousands of regular commuters who use monthlies or yearlies, the scanners can tell when you touch on with multiple cards but not that one of those cards is a Myki and the rest are not, you can't tell with a glance at your card when it expires, the top-up machines take for-fucking-ever to process a transaction, and amongst other things if you want to transfer funds from one Myki to another, you have to print out a form and send it via mail to them! They contacted me, I did it online and they posted me a new card. 0000005171 00000 n Most issuers of balance transfer cards let you initiate the balance transfer process online. This is the case for all major credit card issuers. A balance transfer might fail if the amount you wish to transfer exceeds your available credit limit, if you initiate the transfer after the time period mentioned in a balance transfer offer or if youre trying to transfer a balance from a card issued by the same card provider. JavaScript must be enabled to use this site.We're sorry for any inconvenience. If your phone battery dies, you'll need to charge your phone or purchase a physical myki card to travel on the network. Why do you need to keep swapping cards? What is the best credit card for bad credit? Alternatively, you may log in to your card provider's online platform and check the status of your balance transfer request at any time. More than a year ago, I needed to change my concession Myki to full fare (no longer a student). Pay down this card's balance quickly to improve your credit. It's your responsibility to ensure your phone battery is charged so you can touch on and off during your journey and present a valid ticket if requested. What are the best cash back credit cards for fair credit? Reasons for denial may include waiting for too long after getting a new card, wanting to transfer more than your available credit limit or trying to transfer a balance from a card issued by the same card provider. Step 3: Review Card Offer Terms. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Yes. Here are some tips to save on fees and interest on a balance transfer. Which I obviously don't have because it is lost. Even if they do, you can only transfer a balance between a Synchrony credit card and another issuers credit card. Once you do, carrying out a balance transfer becomes rather straightforward. Choose a card from the list or search by location or card name. You need to submit a balance transfer application that is subject to approval. 0000008137 00000 n In a couple of weeks I will be renovating and furnishing a new house. It was in my wallet the whole time lol. <>stream This will allow you to deactivate your Mobile myki then reactivate it again. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Your Mobile myki expires after two years. endobj Can I use Mobile myki on my Android phone? To. 0000005511 00000 n It seems pretty archaic having to fill out a form and send it in for a replacement Myki. Always the last place you look lol. Learn About Balance Transfer Credit Cards, According to Chase, it processes most balance transfers "within a week, but in some cases it can take, Balance transfers from American Express usually take 5 to 7 days, but in some cases, they may take. 0000003374 00000 n Your original go card will be cancelled immediately and cannot be used for further travel. You'll need your 15-digit myki number to register. <>/BS<>/F 4/Rect[123.42 258.71 218.47 271.36]/StructParent 1/Subtype/Link>> A subreddit for Melburnians and Melbourne enthusiasts! The content on this page is accurate as of the posting/last updated date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. 8:35pm Feb 8, 2020. You can transfer your registered go card balance (including the refundable deposit) to another valid go card by calling 13 12 30. If you top-up your Myki via online or phone (NOT over-the-counter or at a vending machine) but then you don't use the card within 90 days, then you may have some issues. For example, set your myki Money to top up with $50 when your balance reaches $10. On occasion, there is a small (< $10) balance leftover, which expires after a couple of years. 0000003014 00000 n Was told a main railway station can move the balance. They actually can transfer your funds really easily but you need to get a case created. This 0% interest period can help you carry your debt for a limited time without paying interest. Choose the zones you want to travel in and the number of consecutive travel days you need. I found that other card with $19.90 on it. We have this new thing called EMAIL. Manage another person's myki However, it may take up to 21 days in some cases. No, you cannot transfer a balance from one Synchrony Bank credit card to another. General concession available with Mobile myki can be used by any eligible concession card holder, but the only fare benefit will be the 50 per cent of full fare discount. Is it a Myki issue? If you need to replace a lost or stolen registered myki, there are a number of ways that you can do this. Haven't tried as yet. 0000003801 00000 n I don't think we'll find out why the OP wanted to transfer balances as they haven't logged into Whirlpool for a year and a half. I called them and they said I needed to fill out the form, can't they verify my identity over the phone and then do it on the spot? But yeah, a fair bit that is just backwards. How Many Credit Cards Should a College Student Have? Yes. This makes it cheaper to forfeit the money, which becomes an unearned source of revenue for Myki. What a frikkin waste of money! What are the best business credit cards for cash back? In my experience touching on is quicker than validating a metcard. 0000001606 00000 n If your myki card is registered, call 1800 800 007 or visitptv.vic.gov.au. If your Android phone has been lost or stolen and contains a Mobile myki which isnt registered, contact Google Pay to get your ticket number. To transfer Myki you need to deactivate the myki card and move to the new device. 0000004886 00000 n How Prepaid Cards Work & Why You might want one? endobj This will allow you to deactivate your Mobile myki. 1. How to Show Credit Worthiness without Credit? A Mobile myki expires after two years. For a bus anyway. You need to be connected to the internet to top up your Mobile myki. All myki smartcards expire after four years. Buy a Myki card; Top-up a Myki; Traffic accident reports Traffic accident reports child pages. Children, seniors and concession go card holders travel at 50% of the normal adult fares. It's shit like this which makes me happy and proud I have never used Myki in my life. 185 0 obj I had previously thought I would do the 84 months at 5.99% or whatever it is, but now I am thinking I should use the 24 month deal and then do a balance transfer to another card if I don't . According to the Fares and Ticketing Manual (ptv.vic.gov.au) No, you cannot transfer a balance from one Synchrony Bank credit card to another. endstream They earn interest on it. Auto-load is the same as auto top up. If you need to travel straight away and are unable to attend a PTV Hub, you will need to buy a new myki to travel while waiting for the replacement myki. Wallethub doesnt charge for this service. Hire the best financial advisor for your needs. Or maybe would it be possible to get them to send me a new card with all the balances I have on every card be transferred to that new card? Only reserved V/Line paper tickets and Date-to-Date tickets can be replaced if lost or stolen. Apply for a traffic accident report; Done it twice now. I asked if I could go into a premium station and he said yes, if I see a staff member and have the details they can replace it on the spot, but it will take 5-10 business days for the money which was on my lost card to be transferred onto the new card. Why Military Personnel Are Vulnerable to Identity Theft? The unused money remains on the card, losing value as fares increase over the years. endobj Replacements usually take up to 10 business days and include the remaining balance of the old card. Carrying that balance is costing you $1,000 a year in interest. Myki was first rolled out in 2010 and fully replaced the previous Metcard system 10 years ago this week. To check if you're eligible to travel on a concession myki, see Concessions and free travel. 0000014515 00000 n Whats the difference between a hard credit inquiry and a soft credit inquiry? Does a balance transfer happen automatically? Victoria State Government Department of Transport, Disruptions on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines, Refunds, compensation and replacement tickets, Instantly top up via the PTV app by scanning your myki card. It's the replacement of my old Yearly Pass card, originally bought for travel in 2020, but barely used. You'll need to buy and top up a new Mobile myki. Metro Trains: Ripped Off - See 175 traveler reviews, 73 candid photos, and great deals for Melbourne, Australia, at Tripadvisor. That's a lot of free money for Myki, which customers are unlikely to ever claim. I've got a new Myki in my Seniors package. On your new phone, download Google Wallet and set it up with your same account details. If you'd like to buy a myki Pass for a different day duration, you can do so via the PTV website. It lets you set a minimum balance and your myki will automatically top up with the amount you choose. Edited for typos. Thats fucking stupid, that means each touch on has to have a processing unit to determine distance traveled and amount charged. If youve already bought a myki to travel, contact us to get a reimbursement of the myki fee. 2 If you're transferring a balance of $1,000, your balance transfer fee would range between $20 and $50. What Happens to a Student Credit Card After Graduation? For example, one person can manage mykis for family or friends. I'm in Adelaide. 2. I know it's not possible to do it online. You need to apply for a balance transfer. In the Passes section, you'll then be able to see your Mobile myki and activate it to your new phone. The next question is whether MYKI is free before 7 a.m. On a weekday, train travel completed . 0000000016 00000 n So I had a mobile MyKi with around $6.xx balance on it. I searched everywhere. endobj Transferring a credit card's balance to a new card requires getting the new card provider to approve the transfer. We're working to improve the messaging. This answer was first published on 03/01/23. From the pop-up options, select 'Deactivate'. You can replace some types of tickets if they are lost or stolen. It lets you set a minimum balance and your myki will automatically top up with the amount you choose. If you expect your journey to take more than 2 hours, exit the barriers when you change and touch off, then re-enter and touch on again before boarding your connecting service. Update the app and try again. If your registered myki or your smartphone with a Mobile myki is lost or stolen, you can report it online orcall us to block your myki. The call centre staff member told me "we're not a financial institution so it's not that simple". Receive a new myki smartcard when yours expires Your myki smartcard expires after four years. Enter your card number and other required information.4 Auto top up and Auto-load cant be transferred to your new myki.