I dont know if the old backup is going to work. UNIFI supports SP and IDP initiated SSO. Dec 2022 1 1,841 NAS Newbie 476 94 DS220+, DS918+, RS1219+ Windows Android 30. Upon transitioning to the private sector, he delivered technical training on foundational networking technologies including switching and routing as a Certified Cisco Systems Instructor (CSSI). To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Trying to restore a backup > https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008976393-UniFi-How-to-Migrate-from-Cloud-Key-to-Cloud-Key-or-UDM it appears that the CloudKey has an old controller version from the box. A backup/restore only works one time. Navigate toSettings,Maintenance,Restoreand click theChoose Filebutton. Did any DOS compatibility layers exist for any UNIX-like systems before DOS started to become outmoded? So now devices are disconnected on old, and still offline on new. This will require changing all the inform addresses on each device manually. Create a standard jail and run pkg install unifi5 followed by sysrc "unifi_enable=YES" and then service unifi start and you're up and running. That can be the Cloud Key Gen2 or maybe the UDM-Pro, but also a docker image or a new Raspberry Pi. Click Settings 2. If you have any questions, just drop a comment below. take a backup on the old controller (6.0.41 running on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS) Navigate to the controller address via a browser and complete the setup steps. What an awful design. What are the pitfalls? SSH Keys. After few minutes all the devices have green light on the new controller. This publication contains general information only and Sikich is not, by means of this publication, rendering accounting, business, financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other professional advice or services. Your devices will start to move over to the new controller, but it may take 5-10 minutes. I notice it does not do this anymore. Why not do a full backup/restore of UniFi? UniFi Smart Sensor Review Everything you need to know, https://lazyadmin.nl/home-network/unifi-set-inform/, https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008976393-UniFi-How-to-Migrate-from-Cloud-Key-to-Cloud-Key-or-UDM, https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/218850057, https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/204909374, https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/216655518, Getting Started with PDQ Deploy & Inventory, Automatically assign licenses in Office 365. Now that you've logged in, your new Raspberry Pi controller can be accessed at any time from https://unifi.ubnt.com - nice! Restoring a backup is the easiest option. IMPORTANT: Verify that the devices are visible and appear as connected in the new Controller's Devices section before clicking Forget Devices. Can I tell police to wait and call a lawyer when served with a search warrant? Privacy Policy Disclaimer. Was hoping that somone could clarify how to change the inform url using the backup/restore procedure for 6.4. Next, select the devices that are to be migrated over by ticking the boxes next to each one, or select the entire list by ticking first checkbox. IMPORTANT: It is important to note that the Site Export Wizard is not meant to be used to create a complete backup or to perform a restoration via the Setup Wizard since it does not include the admin accounts or controller level configuration. The new Controller version (the one you will be migrating the site to) must be the same or newer than the Controller you are migrating from. . 1 Answer. I am a little confused still though. Yea this didnt work trying to migrate from my raspberry pi, I tried following your guide with my new UCKG2 (migrating away from a Raspberry Pi) but have been told by UniFi support that site migration isnt possible due to my new Cloud Key is running UniFiOS . This is an unofficial community-led place to discuss all of Ubiquiti's products, such as the EdgeRouter, UniFi, AirFiber, etc. Make sure to use the Legacy User Interface only. When I asked my question I had just completed a fiasco move from one computer to another which resulted in my having to re-set up my entire configuration. Have questions or concerns about your IT environment? Finding Unifi Controller Logs. Switchover to a pfSense frontend and a all-Ubiquiti backend was pretty seamless; definitely better than I expected it to go. The UniFi Controller is a wireless network management software solution developed by Ubiquiti Networks. You will now need to SSH into every single device and update their INFORM configuration. Unifi covers up too many things. After adopting it into your local UniFi controller, you can migrate the site to HostiFi and move the devices to specific sites for a site migration you can follow this guide we have made. The UniFi controller requires a minimum of 1 GB of memory, which is fine for a home network or small business. Thanks for the explanation, helped me a lot today! 11. Click Download the Site Export File to download the file that contains the site configuration to be imported into the controller you are migrating to. I didnt think I needed to do anything on the CK-Gen2 (mainly just adjust the UniFi OS settings via Portal on the UDM-Pro), but Im guessing to pick up the settings for Protect, I will need to restore the backup to the UDM-Pro/Protect to get all of my settings/config/users, etc? How can I explain to my manager that a project he wishes to undertake cannot be performed by the team? Migrate your UniFi servers to HostiFi with the site migration wizard, Learn how to export your existing UniFi site from a Cloud Key or another UniFi controller to HostiFi, how to change between the different user interfaces. Settings > System > Backup select "Settings Only" and download a backup of your UniFi Network Application. Shutdown the old one, DONE! So that was one change. 3. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. How do I specify the new ip. Change the INFORM address on the NEW controller (Settings ==> Controller hostname/ip) to the NEW controller IP/hostname (set the checkbox Overwrite INFORM host with . Any ideas I tried ubnt/ubnt. Next issue: whats the right SSH username / password? How do I remove UniFi AP from controller? 10. Im on a USG-Pro with CK Gen2 and 4 Protect cams. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Please verify that the new Controller version (the one you will be migrating the site to) is the same or newer than the original Controller's, Click the "Export Site" link beside "Site Management". I'm not opposed to taking it out entirely, but I am curious what would happen if I just tried to upload this particular controller config into a standalone instance of the controller. Followed these steps: Have you tried shutting down the server, replacing: is_default=false. Wait until the state changes to Disconnected before moving on to the next step. PUID=1000. Im in the same boat of wanting to move off the UDM Pro. Folks are upgrading their server or moving to new hardware. Once the import has finished, go back to the controller you are exporting from and click "continue". Based on my research so far, a backup of the old system and restore to the new UDM (after initial setup and update to latest firmware and Network v7.0.23) looks like the way to go. Once the site export wizard has completed with success, the devices will be configurable in the new controller. Issues migrating Unifi Controler to syno NAS NAS Newbie 30. Thanks for putting this together. On the existing controller, go into Settings>System>Other Configuration - Override Inform Host, click "enable" and input your new hosted controller name (example.cloudunifi.com)then click "Apply Changes". If you are using the new settings screen, then make sure you disable it first: Prepare the new controller by walking through the initial setup wizard. Migrating the Unifi Controller will only take a couple of minutes. PGID=1000. Option B. UniFi Controller Setup. If the access points are on a different network you may need to log in to them using ssh and manually re-associate them to the new controller. What did you end up doing? This publication is not a substitute for such professional advice or services, nor should you use it as a basis for any decision, action or omission that may affect you or your business. THANK YOU! Once devices appear with a status of "Online" in the new controller site, you may select "forget devices" or click "skip" to close the dialogue box. TrueNAS 13.0-U2. I am interesting in switching to a pfsense box. I then installed a Cloud Key 2 and uploaded the configuration to it, expecting some minor havoc since the UDM Pro would be missing. I would also say that I have acquired the "Next Generation Gateway Pro" device that's still in the EA store. IP Address: 192.168.200.8 Change the INFORM address on the OLD controller (Settings ==> Controller hostname/ip) to the NEW controller IP/hostname (set the checkbox Overwrite INFORM host with . This process can take several minutes so be patient. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. It has to be performed via restoring a backup, however various issues encountered (for the basic user): 1. finding my locally hosted controller > via https://localhost:8080 3. The UniFi AP that was previously connected to that controller is still working normally. Setting up the UniFi software on a Raspberry Pi is a fairly straightforward process as it just relies on the multi-platform Java runtime to run. Do I turn off new user interface and Export on PC 1 or just do a regular backup? However all my site settings and devices all went over and Id didnt have to configure anything. Todd just curious what you ended up doing back in November? The controller cant be updated via the UI (it says no updates available), so you need to SSH into the CloudKey Sign in to the Azure portal using either a work or school account, or a personal Microsoft account. I always try to make my reviews, articles and how-to's, unbiased, complete and based on my own expierence. Adoption request sent to https://192.168.200.13:8080/inform. Hostname: Office-AP You need to back up a self-hosted Network application. Next, click "Import". If you dont see the Import Site option, then turn of the new User Interface first under Settings -> System Settings -> New UI -> Deactivate.See the import method below for versions 6.4 and higherGive your site a name and select the backup file that we have just downloaded with the export site wizard. Uptime: 182931 seconds, Status: Timeout (http://172.17.0.2:8080/inform) I have a USG-Pro, CloudKey2, switches & a bunch of AP-Pros). The state of the access point will change to Adopting. If the devices did not connect to HostiFi after the migration, you might have made a typo in the hostname or used a port other than 8080 in the migration wizard. Export Site workflow is the one for migrating to a new controller. It comes with one downside, you will have 2 sites in the new controller, the default site (which will be empty) and your migrated site. The controller will make backups by default, but they are stored on the controller self. The installation wizard will have you create a new username and password when the UniFi Controller software is installed. Kenchtronics 80 subscribers Subscribe 30 3.2K views 1 year ago Want to learn about Unifi site migration between controllers ?. It makes sense to do a full backup/restore if: All of your existing UniFi sites are connected to one server, All UniFi devices connect to the server using a DNS name you control. Thank you! After successfully logging in via SSH, the following instruction to update the controller version via SSH was pretty straight forward: https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/216655518 To do so: First, find the domain name of your new controller. Will this work if you are moving from USG Pro4 to UDM with the controller software on a laptop, not on a cloud key? Click the Confirm button once download of backup is complete. While I still have a shred of hope that their routing will get better, I must admit that I am quite pleased with pfSense. IT, Office365, Smart Home, PowerShell and Blogging Tips. I created a brand new virtual machine . Locate Backup and click Import. Check your New UniFi Controller and make sure they are showing up. There is a nice wizard for this process under the site page, Export Site. Click on restore from previous backup and load the .unf backup file downloaded in step 1. I am very interested in having better insight as to what each device is doing when it talks to the internet. Open the Devices page, and ensure that all devices you'd like to migrate have a Connected status. Backup your config on the OLD controller. In case you don't want to use the UniFi cloud, there is. Open the UniFi Network settings menu, click the Site tab, and click the Export Site button at the bottom of the page. Leave the port as 8080. Unifi Network Controller Windows 7 Controller Windows 8 Windows 10 Windows 10Unifi Network Controller Unifi AP inform Because it has 10Gbit ports, it could support WAN speeds at this rate, and with IDS/IPS enabled can still support 3.5Gbit/s of bandwidth. My first thought was to leave everything else in place just like it is, but put the pfsense box in front of the UDM Pro. While I do love the simplicity and elegance of the Unifi dashboard, I feel like pfSense is much better suited to my needs and to my desire to tinker, modify, test, learn, and make my networks better. What is the point of Thrower's Bandolier? and our Install UniFi Controller on New Server, Controller on Different/External Network (L3 Adoption), Verifying UniFi Controller Migration to New Server, Cloudflare Settings for Traefik Docker: DDNS, CNAMEs, &, Authelia Tutorial - Protect your Docker Traefik stack with, Proxmox vs ESXi: 9 Compelling reasons why my choice was, Docker Media Server Ubuntu 22.04 with 23 Awesome Apps, Synology Docker Media Server with Traefik, Docker Compose,, Install Guacamole on Docker - VNC, SSH, SFTP, and RDP like a. If you want to do everything remotely, you will first need to factory reset all devices. What is the correct way to screw wall and ceiling drywalls? You can check this article to see if you can reset the password in MongoDB. Restore the backup file on your hosted controller. Once in here, click on the 'Import Site' button. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008976393-UniFi-How-to-Migrate-from-Cloud-Key-to-Cloud-Key-or-UDM. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. In 7.1.66, there doesnt seem to be the option to disable New Settings. It can be challenging to manually reconfigure the controller software of a new installation and then re-associate all of the access points. Apologies for my delayed response. You can do that. You can migrate your Unifi controller in the old settings screen. Theoretically Correct vs Practical Notation. Thanks for the share. You can then use the method above to restore each site. As you say, and as is the reason I am asking, it cannot remove itself from itself. Migrate Ubiquiti UniFi Controller to a New Server June 10, 2018 Reading Time: 3 minutes Background The Ubiquiti UniFi Controller software is used to manage multiple wireless access points in a single pane of glass. Thanks for your reply! Is it plausible for constructed languages to be used to affect thought and control or mold people towards desired outcomes? In the initial set up of the new controller I used the restore from backup. You can also upload the backup file during the Setup Wizard. Then you can re-direct them to the correct IP address using the steps provided above / and by me. This tool is ideal for high-density deployments that required low latency and high uptime. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. So my inform URL is. Thanks for this guide. Strange that it didnt come over with my backup. It can take a couple of seconds for them to show up. Looks like CK has died so we decided to get a UDM-Pro to replace the USG, CK combo. It does not have to match the original site name. Move a UniFi controller using Backup and Restore. Within seconds of running the set-inform command the second time, you should see the status of the AP change to "Upgrading" (if a firmware update is applicable) and then to "Provisioning". Thanks again. * Configuring to use the old settings screen, under your Requirements to Migrate Unifi Controller section. You want to migrate a self-hosted Network application to a UniFi OS Console. Add some pics for more detail. There is a nice wizard for this process under the site page, Export Site. 5. Once you confirm they are transferred click the Forget devices button. I downloaded a copy of the config from the site running on the UDM Pro. Version: 5.43.52.12774 These devices range from Wi-Fi access points to security gateways and switches. hey Thinking 1) disconnect old USG & CK 2) Plug UDM into cable modem and switch into UDM 3) Power up and use mobile app for initial config 4) Use TeamViewer on his PC to expand on initial config and get myself setup for remote access again. LazyAdmin.nl also participates in affiliate programs with Microsoft, Flexoffers, CJ, and other sites. IMPORTANT: Please ensure you are using a controller level backup . In the new popup window, enter a descriptive name, then click 'Choose File'. After some time I decided to Migrate UniFi Controller from Windows 10 to Ubuntu Server 18.04. See our guide for how to change between the user interface versions. Any ideas of what the username and password would be? See our guide for how to change between the user interface versions. Browse to the backup transferred from the source controller and follow the prompts to restore the configuration. My questions were in preparation for the next time, which hasnt happened yet! I do want to keep a controller alive and active though, as I would like to be able to monitor my APs, switches and the whatnot. It may be necessary to migrate the UniFi Controller software due to required upgrades or changes in the network environment. So I'll have to re-setup a new UniFi Controller and connect the AP to this the controller. John has over 30 years of experience working with technology. I made the Backup at Settings-> Site -> Export Site which seems to be insufficient. Thanks, Todd, Thanks for this informative write up.