Satern makes great barrels, some of the best and I have one that's my most accurate rifle period, .33MOA consistently. These barrels are built to last, and they can stand up to heavy use without any problems. Having spent time with FFLs and other friends with NFA items he has begun his collection of NFA items and has learned that everything should be suppressed and full auto where possible and legal. If you get plain black then the kit base price is only $791. Whether you are looking for a new barrel for your competition rifle or your hunting rifle, Larue barrels are a great option. This ensures that each barrel is incredibly accurate and durable. Who makes an accurate upper in 6.5 Grendel? The barrel comes shipped with the gas tube already installed into the gas block and the gas block is installed on the barrel. Most interested in LaRue vs BCM for a 14.5" complete upper though. 1) Wylde (Larue) vs 5.56 chamber (Noveske) 2) 1/8 (Larue) vs 1/7 (Noveske) 3) The third, and probably most important difference, is in the type of stainless used. Loved it! A longer barrel will use more of the powder to accelerate the bullet. Edit: most shooting dont around 50yards, would like good performance at 100 yds and take it out to 300 max. If you want a running and gunning setup then I would recommend the PredatAR barrel profile. There is an option to have the upper kit assembled and test fired for an additional $200. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Cant find the delete button. If youre looking for a barrel that will help you shoot with pinpoint accuracy, a LaRue barrel is what you need. A 20" fluted med/heavy profile Satern. Privacy Policy. He is also a political scientist studying the effects of gun control on society. Enter the Larue Tactical Ultimate Upper Kit. If youre looking for a high quality optic there are many good sights for the AR-15 on the market today. Are the Stealth barrels midlength? All Rights Reserved. These barrels are made from the best materials and construction, and they offer superior accuracy and reliability. You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers. Try Wilson Combat. Noveske, the All American Badass Rifle Company out of Grants Pass, Oregon, has been making the best AR-15 parts for years, if you can find one and afford it, you will never need to buy another rifle. I have a sample size of exactly 1, but I built an upper using the 18" stealth barrel, larue gas block, bcm carrier, geissele rail and some shit upper I had lying around, possibly delton. This thread went from rifle barrels to whiskey barrels. I went with the Stealth AR barrel and it is a heavy profile, which I kind of regret this a little as it is quite noticeable when I shoot the LaRue off hand. The 14.5" intermediate has to be getting close though, like all the 16" rifle gas barrels I see guys running at matches. I won't even run mid gas on a 16" barrel anymore and I'm considering testing a 14.5" intermediate barrel next to see if its viable. Some companies even go so far as to create special coatings for their barrels that reduce noise. JP Rifles another top choice, but a bit pricey. They seem to give the bang for the buck accuracy vs weight. Larue Tactical is a firearms manufacturer that specializes in the production of high quality barrels. The gun absolutely hates mk262, 2-3 shots in less than moa and the next will be 2-3 moa flier. Then screw in the set screws. So if you want to save half a pound reduce your barrel weigh. The tOBR barrels are also a proprietary invention and part of a system that is not unique but rare in the market place. With over 20 years of experience in the firearms industry, LaRue Tactical has the knowledge and expertise to help you build the perfect AR-15 for your needs. That R&D has a price. Naming Conventions M16 Vietnam In 1959, Armalite sold the AR-10 and AR-15 rights to Colt. You could also do a larue UU kit for $800 includes everything but stripped lower. AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. This is why the barrels and companies recommended arent fancy, everything from the companies perform because they know how to build a great product. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. I was just relating my experience. Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. Then your upper receiver is complete. LaRue nitrides their barrels so a barrel break in is redundant. Looking at a 20in with the M4 feed ramps for a precision build, but I don't want to go the full monty for a heavy or a bull barrel. JavaScript is disabled. Cookie Notice But Larue Tactical rifles are over $2,000 dollars. You must log in or register to reply here. The barrels are made from the highest quality materials and are designed to provide superior accuracy and reliability. Jake, it's not the 'exact same' barrel. For $225 ($245 with M4 feedramps), LaRue offers a good value. LaRue barrels are available in a variety of calibers and lengths to suit any shooters needs. If youre looking for firearms and tactical gear, dont pass up on LaRue Tactical. They are a pair of punches designed to help install takedown pin detents and bolt catch roll pins. Because of its location and the fact that you can shoot guns, it is regarded as a pros paradise. LaRue Stealth Barrels are Wylde-chambered in 5.56mm, 1-in-8 twist polygonal rifling in medium-weight contour using LW-50 Stainless. Free shipping for many products! I will slap that new Weaver 3-15x50 EMDR scope on it. . Our Team- They are easy to swap out and are usually on hand. 6 Products. The LaRue Ultimate Upper Kit does come with a proprietary barrel nut wrench and you need to use a torque wrench to tighten the barrel nut to 50 ft-lbs. Stealth Barrels (2) Barrel Accessories (10) 5.56 Stealth Barrel. I want to thank you guys for correcting my original post when I left out the word "whiskey" as in who is making LaReu's whiskey barrels now. The RAT stock has a built-in sling loop and QD sockets. You need to remove the handguard from the upper receiver. Palmetto State Arms is a lower entry point that has possibilities and Elfster has a thread here on same. But I cant decide if precise is worth the trade off in weight, Id really like a light barrel for maneuverability especially if Im sticking with 16 barrel and will put a suppressor on the end. Most of the higher end-accuracy focused makers are more along the lines of a built to order model if that's of more importance to you than current availability. It was pretty consistently sub MOA, though I felt I was limited somewhat for group shooting with my 3-9x40 VXR Patrol. I stuck 3M reflective tape so the IR illuminator is reflecting and allows me to see where the target is and I can aim accordingly. LaRue Tactical is headquartered in Austin, Texas and all of their products are made in the USA. As you stated earlier the barrel assemblies come with the pst gas block/tube which as you know can be used for suppressed and unsupressed fire with the flip of a switch. But if you know what you are doing, you can use that money for magazines. Mil discount is 5%. You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers. I don't think so. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. 22 0 0. The company is currently owned by Mark LaRue, who founded it in 1999. I am not the best shooter for groups and I used an EOTech EXPS3 with a UTG 3X magnifier but I was able to shoot a decent 3 shot group with two different types of ammo at 100 yards. Im waiting on a YHM Turbo T2 and will likely shoot suppressed the majority of the time. LaRue Tactical, a well-known and respected firearms and tactical manufacturer, has long been a part of the military and law enforcement community. What if I told you that you can get a brand new LaRue Tactical for under $1,000? Snipers Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. LaRue Stealth - pro: tack driver, con: heavy Criterion Core - pro: lighter than stealth but balanced, con: over gassed Criterion pencil - pro: lightest of all, con: adverse performance of pencil profile due to heat (not as accurate as other two?). In the vertical position, you can pull the two-stage ring pull and release the stock from the buffer tube. I had a LaRue PredatAR barrel for a number of years that ran great in my "lightweight SPR" concept build, so I have every expectation that the Stealth would be just as accurate, and more consistent as it heats up. I say go for it. He works as a big game hunting guide in Iowa, South Dakota and Arizona. This group was initial ammo testing to see what it likes. Our Sitemap. AZ: Land of wind, dirt and angry old people, SPR/MK-12 Barrel Archives - Compass Lake Engineering, LLC, Precision Reflex - Product Detail - 18" Bergara Barrels, WTB Larue 16" Stealth / PredatOBR / OBR barrel in 5.56. LaRue Tactical is committed to providing customers with the best possible products and service. Length of your barrel determines how much velocity the bullet has once it exits the rifle. When it comes to precision rifle barrels, LaRue is the name that comes to mind for many shooters. Havent shot my 18 5.56 stealth since December as I built/bought some new rifles. NES Member. You need a Torx wrench to remove the four screws that hold the handguard to the upper. Does AA offer an upper with a Satern barrel? Ive heard good things about Grendel Hunter uppers. Most are 4150 Chrome Molly Steel Melonite coated for durability. I like my LaRue upper. The index pin at the 12 oclock position on the barrel extension will align with a corresponding notch in the receiver threads. You can find info on me here. On other stocks, like the Magpul stocks, you have to buy the QD socket separately. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. Buy with confidence. The companys goal is to provide shooters with the highest quality products available, while also offering outstanding customer service. The rod is splined to interface with the star chamber of the barrel. For more on AR rifles, check out the best 556 rifle of 2023. (2). LaRue Tactical rifles are, in my opinion, some of the best built ARs in the industry. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. Reply. To convert a 223 Remington/5.56m NATO AR-15/M16 M4 rifle to 6.5 Grendel, the barrel, magazine and bolt need to be changed. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for William Larue Weller Barrel Proof Bourbon *Will Ship Empty* at the best online prices at eBay! Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. In the late 1980's, it was realized that there were erosion and short barrel-life problems with 416 Stainless in the calibers operating at 65K psi. Their turnaround time is very fast so it may be a month instead of 7 days to get your barrel but you cant go wrong with Noveske. Adjustable gas block? The other end is what you will need to attach the Tranquillo Muzzle Brake. The company offers a wide variety of barrels for both AR-15 and AR-10 rifles. I do recommend getting a splined barrel rod for working on your upper receiver mine is a Kley-Zion Barrel Spline Socket Rod. If you have built your own AR-15, this will be a breeze. I wasnt going to get into it but since you mentioned it, my balistic advantage barrel shoots moa or better with a 6x optic at 100yds with norma tac 223. So who makes barrels and what else is not made by LaRue. They machine detents into the barrel that coincide with the set screw holes of the gas block. But Larue Tactical rifles are over $2,000 dollars. PredatAR Barrels. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - So Who Makes LaRue's Barrels Now, http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=100, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4c2cd0Tq1g, http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/228000/228909_Is_this_real_life.jpg. Barrels matter too much to the function of a rifle to use them for personalization. Well also discuss the different types of LaRue barrels available and what each one can offer you. The problem is that the interface of the gas block is a round cylinder and there is nothing to index the gas block other than trial and error. Now I know that was a lot of information, that doesnt really help you make your choice. What are the negatives of a mid gassed 18er? This knob is what locks the stock detent. Faxon Match Series 13.9" Gunner, .223 Wylde, Mid-Length, 416-R Stainless QPQ Nitride, 5R, Nickel Teflon Extension AR-15 Barrel. Wilson Combat barrels are made by a team of skilled professionals who have years of experience in barrel making. 410 Stainless also had issues. Schneider Rifle Barrels 1403 Red Baron Payson, AZ 85541 Phone: (928) 474-2852 Hand-lapped, pull-buttoned barrels with superb accuracy. Feel free to reach out to us or read our affiliate disclosure and privacy policy. It does not touch the barrel or the barrel nut at all. Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. I bought a spare 18" barrel that's sat around, but expect to buy a 16" and 14.5" to fill my RECCE/Mini RECCE role. Retrieved at: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2016/06/gun-control-ar-15-rifle-the-nra-claims-the-ar-15-rifle-is-for-hunting-and-home-defense-not-exactly.html, Collins, gun barrel. Whether youre a competitive shooter, law enforcement officer, or civilian enthusiast, LaRue Tactical has the products you need to take your shooting to the next level. But it is what I had at the time. and our The AR-15 forums sub MOA challenge features the most LaRue Tactical barrels for a sub MOA rifles barrel of manufacturer. Go watch some YouTube videos on AR-15 building to get yourself acquainted. The companys products are used by military, law enforcement, and civilian shooters around the world. They also have a tighter tolerance than most mass-produced barrels, which results in increased precision. What if I told you that you can get a brand new LaRue Tactical for under $1,000? 173.249.53.63 If youre looking for the best possible performance from your AR-15, then you should definitely consider upgrading to a Wilson Combat barrel. In case you forget, the wrench has the pertinent info laser-etched into it. I won one that I'm finally going to build a rifle around and don't know what gas system to use. Wilson Combat barrels are made of 416R stainless steel and feature a hand-lapped bore for greater accuracy. People with 3-6 years of experience earn significantly less than people with zero experience, in some cases. They are well made and accurate, and will last you a long time if properly cared for. People always got me confused with someone that's perfect. If your talking about the Grendel Hunter uppers sold by a dealer in Wisconsin there are several satisfied customers on the forum. Noveske / PacNor barrels have never been spec'd on what we make, so the question is not "Who is making our barrels now?". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMAc04JvQE, How to Kill a Skunk in a Live Trap: The Definitive Guide, This div height required for enabling the sticky sidebar, 2022 Yestactical.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Muzzle brake? Government, M4, Hybrid, Pencil, Bull, HBAR, Hanson, and every other barrel profile made is available, how much the thermal mass or amount of steel matters is a hotly debated subject. Yes, LaRue barrels are made from stainless steel. I have a 20 Recon, rifle gas and fluted barrel that has proven quite accurate and reasonably priced. A company based in Austin, Texas, is LaRue Tactical, which manufactures and sells firearms and tactical gear. Thanks for the recent replies, though, I feel I should say, this thread is 4 years old You must log in or register to reply here. I saw an older thread with a lot of talk around the 16 core barrels being over gassed. Need lightweight, Criterion Pencil Barrels drop the weight without sacrificing accuracy or their high quality. While Criterions customer service is great, covid and supply issues are affecting everyone. I'm looking at Larue's Stealth barrels and I'm 90% sure that I'm going to buy one for my next build. LaRue Tactical is known for its innovative design and manufacturing of high quality AR-15 accessories and parts. (1), If you lack experience building AR-15s it is possible to assemble your build incorrectly. Popular Rifle Calibers, Part I Eugene Stoner developed the AR-15 as a lightweight 5.56x45mm version of the 7.62x51mm AR-10 while working at Armalite during the 1950s. The answer is subjective for sure however Wilson and Larue are in the same category when accuracy is discussed.. Re: Are Wilson Combat barrels as good as LaRue? The majority of 6.5 Grendel load data is based on a 24 long barrel. Barrel Accessories (10) LaRue Accuracy Package.