This means that you need to be at least 20 to 25 inches far from your monitor. I Bought (the same?) However, for QHD we strongly recommend 27 as the highest fidelity form factor. Any formula intended to calculate the ideal viewing distance from a monitor has to contend with visual acuity. The THX suggests sitting at a distance of 2.7 ft. (82 cm) while the SMPTE suggests a distance of 3.6ft. Started 5 minutes ago He has loved computers and technology ever since he started gaming as a kid back in the 1990s. -, Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card. The 34" 21:9 ultrawide of the original poster is probably about same dot pitch (actual pixel size) as your 16:9. Thats our promise and our commitment.. Christen and Rex [Founders of Gadget Review], Copyright 2022, All Rights Reserved | Superlativ, LLC. I sit ~80cm away from my 34". That 1/60 should also provide a hint to why monitors use refresh rates based on multipliers of 30Hz and 60Hz. This is a super ultrawide monitor with a 32:9 aspect ratio. QHD, short for Quad High Definition, has a resolution of 5120 x 1440 pixels (sometimes referred to as 2K resolution). I sit ~100cm from my LG 34UC79 (34" 2560x1080). See More. I've heard the phrase "one Hitler salute away.". Highlight a Row Using Conditional Formatting, Hide or Password Protect a Folder in Windows, Access Your Router If You Forget the Password, Access Your Linux Partitions From Windows, How to Connect to Localhost Within a Docker Container. The size of the monitor will impact how far you should sit away from it. Apart from computer hardware, you can also find his how-to and troubleshooting articles on Windows, internet, security, and networking. | Do I need 80+ Platinum? Press J to jump to the feed. how far to sit from ultrawide monitorkerala express highway project. If you pay attention to your own posture while sitting at your desk during a normal working day, youll probably find that you tend to adjust your viewing position at short intervals. Thus, we recommend sitting in a slightly darker room. Dell's answer to this call lies with the UltraSharp U4919DW. You should be able to read the first line of text on your screen at eye level, without feeling the need to lean forward. With my 27" 1440p my eyes were closer than 1 ft away from the screen while gaming for immersion; much less while general internet browsing and videos. To be blunt, if you sit too far from a display youll waste whatever benefits it may offer. 7 Ways to Fix It, LG Monitor Speakers Not Working? I have a 34" ultrawide and at about 18" away, the monitor occupies the entirety of my field of view. To opt-out of SessionCam collecting data, you can disable tracking completely by following linkhttps://sessioncam.com/choose-not-to-be-recorded/. This size of ultrawide is nearly identical to a 27-inch widescreen monitor in height and about 8 inches wider.Purchasing a second 27-inch monitor will, of course, net you a second monitor just as large as the first. For a four-inch QHD display, you should stand at a distance of 1.3 meters. Note, this minimum distance does decrease slightly when it comes to curved monitor designs. Dell UltraSharp 40 Curved Monitor . Viewing angles, yes. Recommended viewing distances should be taken as a guidescientific consensus regarding the resolution of the human eye has changed over time and every persons experience is different. Imagine an arc extending directly in front of your eyes as you sit still. Position the monitor at least 20 inches (51 cm) from your eyesabout an arm's length distance. Then, place your second display to the left and the third to its right. Copyright 2022 BenQ all rights reserved. . New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Using this device, you can move your monitor wherever you want and bring it forward or backward as per your choice. These cookies are essential so that you can move around the website and use its features. Generally speaking, the larger the monitor, the higher the screen resolution you'll need. {{item.productWordingData.productWordingTitle}}, Pre-order Now This is probably because of your sitting position and the unmaintained distance between your eyes and the screen. Using it, your body position is well maintained. Posted in New Builds and Planning, By How far should you sit from a 32 inch curved monitor? If so, you might be sitting too close or far from your screen. Best budget. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:1. Bambloom Stand Desk Shelf Stylish. Use our size to distance calculator to see which size TV you should get based on how far away you'll be sitting from the screen. This is a measure of the radius of the curve in millimeters. It has a resolution of 51201440 and a 109 PPI (pixels per inch). how far to sit from ultrawide monitorelca churchwide assembly 2022. disney songs with alliteration; does the fbi honor sealed state records; 40 50 90 triangle calculator; 1137 e california ave, glendale, ca. Reflected glare from your monitor can cause eyestrain, but sometimes it will also cause you to assume an awkward position to read the screen. External Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep? Started 52 minutes ago Solve your own audio issues | First Steps with RPi 3 | Humidity & Condensation | Sleep & Hibernation | Overclocking RAM | Making Backups | Displays | 4K / 8K / 16K / etc. If youre experiencing symptoms of eye strain, such as blurry vision, headaches, dry eyes, redness, pain, or another type of discomfort,you shouldtake a break from lookingat any screens if possible. A single-screen monitor is by far the most budget-friendly option and takes up the least space. J.Munslow Neuro spine Super Speciality Clinic - Above Apollo Pharmacy, Bangarpet Circle, Kolar - Bangarpet Road, Kolar Town. If youre sitting too far, you may have to lean forward, hurting your back. Hogwarts Legacy Ultrawide Fix is out. about an arms length away. mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/, https://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/. Repeat the same process for your primary device if youre using multiple monitors. The key to effective positioning is to identify the sweet spot. It's easy! Simply put, place your chair . $460 at Amazon. Far enough away that anythung with a pixel density above 105PPI become hard to use. It typically ranges from 1800R to 4000R. Imagine an arc extending directly in front of your eyes as you sit still. He's the person everyone he knows turns to for help with tech, too. Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop |Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)| RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-363600mhz, 1tb Samsung 970 Evo |2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU, Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix| 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2, Phanteks P300A |Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card. A major factor is to understand just how a computer monitor works, long before you purchase one. If you choose a 32 QHD monitor, the ideal distance goes up a little from 80cm to 96cm, and the maximum to 1.3 meters (4.5 feet). 20/20 vision is a term used to express normal visual acuity measured at a distance of 20 feet. The sharper the curve, the closer you need to be if you want a truly immersive experience, most especially for gaming. Any closer and not only is a large portion of the monitor in my periphery but I need to turn my head ever so slightly to see the edges of the screen. MewCT Model Number: E448B-FSN168. We are always transparent about where our information comes from so that you dont have to waste time and money buying the wrong thing. Have a 34" Ultrawide and 5 24" 1080p monitors. If you are too far away from the screen, you will not read it correctly. Be aware, this only works when it comes to traditional displays with a 16:9 aspect ratio and is not applicable for ultrawide monitors like a. Since ergonomics plays a vital role in increasing comfort and safety, its good to keep a certain distance while sitting in front of a monitor. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Can you tell if the movies playing in 4K, QHD, or 1080p? Too many are simply trying to capitalize on affiliate revenue. Webvision. We select and review products independently. This way, you can use the laptop as the monitor screen,and you can place it an arms length away. Curved monitors are especially popular for entertainment - gaming, film, and television - and a good screen can have a dramatic effect on your enjoyment. Since most people use normal-size displays, using the arms length formula is the best way to determine where we need to sit. The lineup includes a wide range of sizes, features and price points, including a new curved 40" ultrawide 5K monitor, which Dell is billing as the first of its kind. The phrase "viewing distance" refers to the physical distance between you and the computer monitor. Sorry, our store is currently down for maintenance.We should be back shortly. The further away you sit, the less the resolution matters. 3440x1440 & 2560x1080 and all Ultrawide resolution enthusiasts are welcome, as well as those wanting to upgrade. Apart from that, we recommend doing some neck and back exercises that strengthen your muscles. For example, for a 1080p monitor with a 16:9 aspect ratio, the international standards body SMPTE suggests calculating your distance from the display and divide it by 1.6 to find out the size of the largest monitor you can use.. The LG 40WP95C-W is a great overall office monitor with a larger 40-inch screen than the Dell, offering more screen to multitask. However, if youre looking for a much more descriptive idea of how far to sit from your monitor, heres a minimum distance to sit from each monitor size: If you do not see your monitor size in the above table, you can simply predict the minimum distance by analyzing the chart. The objective is to avoid strain of any kind eye or neck. April 9, 2019. Well answer that for you, you cant. Sitting too far from your monitor has similarly been linked to eyestrain and headaches. With all the same benefits are ergonomic monitor stands, the eponymous dual aspect of these monitor arms is truly the point of interest. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. With a two-monitor setup, you should sit in the middle of them to be in the center of both screens. If you're viewing a 27-inch screen, your viewing distance should be a little bit higher, at about 1.3 meters. That arc covers 140 degrees, and research indicates a person with perfect vision can notice details as small as 1/60th of a degree. Nowadays, you can buy a rotating monitor stand that provides a full range of motion. Get some fresh air or lay down for a bit and close your eyes to give them time to rest. CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz, Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2, Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT, CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated, RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics, Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red, CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5, RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980, CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX, RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970, PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX, Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red. When you sit three of them side by side, you will have an impressive 7680 x 1440 display. What is SSH Agent Forwarding and How Do You Use It? All you have to do is connect your monitor to the stand. This way, you can access both displays at once. Devcore I sit ~100cm from my LG 34UC79 (34" 2560x1080). Product SKU: B092KCWLTS. Top 9 Best Monitor Risers to Buy. Details will blur and image quality won't matter. Started 1 hour ago Vincenzo is an esports writer with ten years of experience. BM Score. Place the monitor in a location that eliminates glare on the screen. If you are going to use your display primarily for gaming and prefer to sit more than five feet away from the screen (i.e. If you have a monitor that is larger . how far to sit from ultrawide monitorvin diesel net worth 2021 forbes. RELATED: The Best Posture for Long-Term PC Productivity and Gaming. What You Need to Know About QHD, 7 Reasons You Should Upgrade Your Monitor Stand, 6 Posture Mistakes to Avoid When Sitting at Your Desk, 6 Reasons You Might Want to Stick With 1080p, Its Okay to Skimp on These 10 Tech Products, Nuhearas Earbuds Deliver Personalized Audio for $200 Off, The New Outlook for Windows Is Opening Up to More People, 2023 LifeSavvy Media. Equally, if the previous figure of 0.6m (2ft) is taken as the comfortable viewing distance, then the radius of curvature of the display must be 0.6m. These cookies help to improve the performance of BenQ. If you need to lean in and squint to make out details on a regular basis then youre sitting too far. It indicates the sharpness or clarity of vision at a distance. Why Distance Matters, they state, "A general guideline is to sit between 1.5 to 2.5 times the diagonal screen measurement away, with about a 30-degree viewing angle." I'd recommend at least 4 feet away to prevent eye strain. For example, I use an ultrawide 34 inches monitor, and I tend to stay at distance of 70 cm when working or playing relaxing games like Assassins Creed Odyssey. This will also overwork your eyes because youll be moving your eyes back and forth far often, which can get exhausting and lead to fatigue. Dual-monitoring allows for a user experience akin to using a single ultra-wide monitor. When it comes to curved monitors, it's recommended to sit very close to the screen to get the maximum effect of the curved screen. If you are squinting to see something on the display, then you are probably sitting too far away. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Dual 34" UW - 5900x 5.15ghzPBO/4.7All, RTX3080 2130mhz/20002mhz. How far do you sit away from your monitor/monitors? There is no the best distance that works well for everyone because it doesnt depend only on the monitor, but also on our eyes and what you are doing with the PC. For 1500R, 1800R, 1900R, 2300R, and 3800R ultrawide monitors larger than 30 inches, its best to sit around two to four feet away from the screen for the best experience. Being shocked by both My HDMI and Display cables. TVs don't emit many radiations as they usually emit. So many resolutions and options to choose from, and more games than they could possibly have enough time to enjoy on multiple platforms. For people with errors of refraction, the values of distance to be maintained from a 27 inch screen are: 1. It's only when we get to ultrawide (21:9) or 'super' ultrawide (32:9) monitors that the curvature becomes almost vital for . Andy Nguyen has been a professional freelance writer for over three years and has written hundreds of articles. Ideally, your monitors should be at the same level so that youre not constantly moving your eyes up and down as you look from one screen to the next. Such body positions may create problems in our back. We have, however, assembled some useful guidelines. The ideal screen resolution for your needs depends on the size of your monitor and how far away you sit from it. Best super ultrawide. Bottom Line: If you have the money to spend on the ultimate ultrawide gaming monitor, the Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ is the one to get. Started 15 minutes ago how far you sit from the screen or how good is your eyesight. Pixel density is arguably the factor that best represents the real resolution of a display, Is 4K Resolution Right For You? If it is not an ultrawide monitor, try a simple arms length test. Thats why, learn more about cookies and what they do, https://sessioncam.com/choose-not-to-be-recorded/, https://www.hotjar.com/privacy/do-not-track/, Explore All Interactive Display | Signage, previous article we established that a great sweet spot for gaming monitors uses a 2560 x 1440 resolution (or QHD) with a 27 panel. Heres why you should not sit too close or far from your monitor: Well, we need to learn and follow many steps in the ergonomics process. Started 15 minutes ago how far to sit from ultrawide monitor; joan blackman parents trananhduy9870@gmail.com average cost of incarceration per inmate 2020 texas 0919405830; north wales police helicopter activities 0. how far to sit from ultrawide monitor. How far you sit from your monitor matters because sitting too close or too far can cause eye strain. Arms length is the simple answer we find in most forums, and honestly I believe it works well if we talk about standard displays, but the size of the average PC monitor increased over time, and now we have to deal also with the ultrawide aspect ratio. Looking first at the 40" 5K curved display, the Dell UltraSharp 40 Curved Monitor (U4021QW) is an IPS monitor with a 2500 radius curved screen. A 27-inch monitor should be used by people with large feet - such as 8-inch feet. To do so, you can simply lift your monitor either upwards or downwards. More at: https://3dinsider.com/monitor-curvature/, You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus/ NVME: CorsairMP510 240GB / Case:TT Core v21/ PSU: Seasonic 750W/ OS: Win10 Pro, You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. reviews and buyers guides. However, youll have to figure out your ideal viewing distance by yourself. The dimensions for a 34-inch monitor are 20 inches high by 16 inches wide by 3 inches deep. But to make the most of such a screen, where should you place yourself relative to the display? That means viewing distance tends to come across as very subjective, almost like a taste test. Yet some nagging questions remain. Posted in Troubleshooting, By 44cm may be a little too close, you'll likely have to turn your head to see the whole screen. Sit too close and your FOV wont cover the whole screen. The distance you sit from your monitor is a big factor as to what size your monitor should be. Gamers have become spoiled for choice. When you purchase through our links we may earn a commission. Started 57 minutes ago The curved nature of the screen means that you'll get more viewing . Can sitting too close to the screen actually hurt your eyes - or your viewing experience?Try Tunnelbear for free, no credit card required, at https://www.tun. Mine will be 3440x1440. Sit too far and you lose the benefit of QHD, since your gaming monitor will start to look like 1080p, then 720p, etc. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Type above and press Enter to search. The image below - by Zyxwv99 on Wikimedia - shows the peripheral vision of the human eyes. In his spare time, he enjoys coding and learning new programming languages. . Generally speaking, the minimum distance you should sit from your computer monitor can be dictated by your field of vision. Ultrawide monitor - 34 . edinburgh university graduation dates 2021; But assuming perfect eye sight in a theoretical person (20/20 vision, also known as 6/6 and other terms), we can assert reasonably applicable markers you can use for the best results possible. Just curious because I have a 25 inch ultrawide which isn't as big as the 34 inch ultrawide monitors I see that a lot of people have so I'm wondering how far you guys sit away from your display. Mobile devicessuch as phones, tablets and high-end laptopsare excluded from the chart above as they normally have smaller screens with very high pixel densities, specifically designed to be used at very short viewing distances. Moving on, you can even maintain your sitting position in such a way that you can view the monitor at around 30 degrees. . Since I have not seen such a wide monitor in person what would be the ideal viewing distance? The further away you are, the smaller everythingwill be onyour screen. Written by . FOLLOW your own topics 2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier The major problem youll face is bad eye vision. By submitting your email, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. I can't find the r spec for this monitor, Does anyone have an idea how far is the optimal viewing distance for a 19 degree monitor? Started 2 hours ago Especially if you purchase a big monitor like one of the top 10 27 inch gaming monitors, which youll have to also consider the cost of the monitor as well. Its largely agreed human sight is best adjusted for a pixel density of 100-120 pixels per inch (PPI). Shaolin School how far to sit from ultrawide monitor . The 'minimum viewing distance' is a compelling factor that should be examined ahead of buying a monitor, as it will allow youamongst other ergonomic detailsto check if your desk has enough depth to grant the required distance between your eyes and the screen. Just make sure youre not constantly turning your neck, as it can cause neck pain. Sitting in front of a computer screen all day while at an incorrect distance can lead to health complications, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, neck pain, and posture issues. It also has a 5120x2160 resolution, the equivalent of a 4k screen with more horizontal pixels, resulting in fantastic text clarity. Posted in Storage Devices, By Today, Bhishus proficiency extends beyond computer hardware. This way, you wont have to turn your head as much when looking back and forth between them. Once seated, its difficult to maintain the same posture for the next few hours. Itll feel like youre using an ultrawide monitor. On the other hand, for smaller size screens, we should move a bit closer to the monitor. But ordering from Samsung directly will get you the monitor for the MSRP of $2,499 when it does come in stock. It offers four times the resolution of the standard HD display, which explains its name. So, if youre planning to get one for your new PC setup, here are the ten best gaming chairs available in todays market. Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent: your own topics 2.Try to, people so we can read through things easier, - easy and most importantly approved here 4.Mark your topics, http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/. I have lower than average eyesight (hence why I use 150% dpi on windows and 140% zoom on forums). at work im about 3 feet from my 3 monitor setup, at home I have a 24" wall mounted and a 24" on a side shelf and am about 2-2 1/2 feet away from those. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. When using multiple monitors, youll still want to maintain that 20-30 inch distance from your eyesfor all of them. If you pick up a monitor of 32" QHD, the perfect distance or extent goes up a bit from 80cm to 96cm usually, and the max to almost 1.3 meters which is equal to 4.5 feet. How-To Geek is where you turn when you want experts to explain technology. You may opt out of performance cookies here, and learn more about how we use cookies here. For a 32-inch QHD monitor, you'll want to stand about 8 cm away from the monitor. I will open it tomorrow. 184K subscribers in the Monitors community. mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses:https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/, mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards work:https://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/. Whether youre working or playing a game, we recommend checking the following points first. As discussed earlier, you can wear the appropriate glass and sit an arms distance from your monitor. The reason that it is best to have your monitors set at this distance is so you can get as close to a realistic field-of-view as possible which means . The distance marked in the table must be lowered if your visual acuity is worse than 20/20. Most people prefer 1920 x 1080 pixels. Answer (1 of 7): According to Sitting too Close to Your TV? Importantly, if your eye sight isnt 20/20 then you need to adjust viewing distance to compensate typically by sitting closer or getting a bigger display. A triple screen setup can be costly and takes up . In a previous article we established that a great sweet spot for gaming monitors uses a 2560 x 1440 resolution (or QHD) with a 27 panel. But, there are a few things you need to consider before sitting in front of a monitor. To help you compare, I have compiled a list of some of the most commonly found monitor sizes, resolutions and related pixel densities (see chart below), including the minimum viewing distance for each display. Then, you can sit away at a comfortable distance with the external keyboard and mouse and work like you would with a desktop computer. Between eye doctors and technology associations and companies, youll get a lot of different opinions on viewing distance. Additionally, the curvature rating tells you the optimal viewing distance. Home of the computer component that you see most, your Monitor. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If you get too close, you will have eye strain. This will be between 20 and 30 inches away from your eyes. The optimal distance must take into account the values below and the task at hand. Ideal distance from a 27-inch screen. This is why its important to sit at a distance where everything on your screen appears large and sharp. The distance from your eyes to your sim racing monitor should be between 25.5 - 31.5 (65cm - 80cm). If one monitor isnt as tall as another,place something underthe shorter monitor to raise it up a bit. Vibes NoVibes However, for QHD we strongly recommend 27 . I would recommend getting the highest pixel density monitor you can within the constraints of your budget and the capabilities of your computer, in order to get a low minimum viewing distance and, likely, a much better experience overall. union police department ori number Our mission is to empower you to find the product youre looking for and get exactly the information you need to make the right buying decision. There are a number of variables to consider before placing your office or home chair in front of a new display. Read more Do your eyes hurt, feel dry, or get tired after looking at your monitor for extended periods? Lawrence Bonk is a copywriter with a decade of experience in the tech space, with columns appearing in Engadget, Huffington Post and CBS, among others. Some people use a curved monitor to get a bit more viewing area. I used this site before purchasing a monitor to decide which monitor to get (since I already had the desk and was shopping for an ultrawide). Place the monitor at a right angle or away from the windows and task lights. Please make sure to Quote me or @me to see your reply! So you'd think that in theory this is also the optimal viewing distance, since all points on the screen would be of roughly equal distance to your eyes. If your eyes still feel tiredand dry after a while, you might not be blinking enough. Getting Prepared to Setup FOV. When reading forums or articles its sometimes 35cm. Thiscalculation is often simplified by assuming a user with 20/20 vision, which is what is considered the average clarity of vision of the population. Gaming PC at Best Buy and it gets weird-ish. If you are looking at a computer screen, 1.5 times further than your monitor is the ideal distance. As this trend has . Note, this minimum distance does decrease slightly when it comes to curved monitor designs. Advertisement Coins. So, its pretty clear that most people have either short-sightedness or long-sightedness. Last year's Samsung Odyssey G9, which uses a QLED panel instead of mini-LED, costs . If your display is tilted too upwards or downwards, you may have difficulty perceiving the monitors content. John Naylor said: Yikes .. viewing distance for 55" is usually recommended at 5.5' - 12.8' depending on where ya look. Individuals with perfect (20/20) vision or those with properly corrected vision are not likely to experience eyestrain while using a computer monitor at the ideal viewing distance, assuming they take appropriate eye rest breaks from focusing on the screen. 24'' main screen 50cm. Never measured it exactly, but if I extend my arm completely from the position I normally would sit at comfortably, I canalmost touch my monitor, missing maybe an inch or two. You can also invest in a monitor riser stand that brings not just additional height but also organizational features. The minimum viewing distance is a compelling factor that should be examined ahead of buying a monitor, as it will allow youamongst other ergonomic detailsto check if your desk has enough depth to grant the required distance between your eyes and the screen.