Full match replay - watch without score spoilers. The Bournemouth fans did give their team a good backing, but have to say I was disappointed with the lack of singing from Arsenal in an over 60,000 crowd. What do you wish you could do within walking distance of your home? Check Old Traffords different ticket categories below and select your tickets for a Manchester United match online. Modern, comfortable, great sightlines, but rarely with thatatmosphere of the old Highbury. There has also been discussions on the implementation of safe standing. Old Trafford stadium was originally built in 1909and was last renovated in 2006. It is a 5 to 10-minute journey coming from Kings Cross station. Input your search keywords and press Enter. Why were you looking forward to visiting the Emirates Stadium? I would give it 8.5 stars out of 10, as it is scary when sitting in the very top row with glass. Jump to: Lower Tier Club Level Executive Box Level Upper Tier Lower Tier Emirates Stadium, 1 (3) Emirates Stadium, 2 (6) The state classifies each county into a tier based on its new COVID-19 case rate and test positivity rate. It may be a better idea to alight at the next stop on the Piccadilly line which is Arsenal tube station. I have been to the Emirates Stadium a couple of times now. The main middle tier, known as the Club Level, is premium priced and also includes the directors box. Also our record against them isn't bad and I had a feeling we'd come away with a result. It really was a game of two halves. The game was fairly low key in a holiday atmosphere, both sides played well and there were several chances for goals in the Arsenal v Wolfsburg match. Architecturallyit looks nice but due to the weaving design at the top of the stadium they have lost maybe a couple of thousand seats. AddressSir Matt Busby WayM16 0RA , ManchesterEngland. Tfl.gov.uk Website of the London Underground and other London public transport. To close a submenu press the escape key. For a modern stadium why is there not a purpose built coach park? A couple of Bournemouth supporters we spoke with said they would be happy with a draw. Tickets can be booked online via the official Arsenal FC Stadium Tour Page or by calling 020 7619 5000. The concourse is huge so no issues moving around before or after the game. The seats and the views from the bottom and middle tiers are very good and are a far cry from the cold terraces or cramped wooden seats on offer at some stadiums in the lower leagues. It took an hour to get through themand two hours after the match. I can't help smiling about all the miserable Arsenal faces as we left the ground! The one problem is its poor atmosphere, but it could be because the emitates is a stadium filled with a lot of tourists who arent die-heart fans, and that could possibly contribute to the low level of noise. The Dodgers announced single-game tickets for April games after Opening Day will go on sale at 10 a.m. on Friday on the teams website. You can almost smell the grass from there as close to the action as you can get. Single Ticket (No Pairs) Best Available Tier Short Side Upper Tier Long Side Upper Tier Short Side Upper Tier (3 or 4 Tickets together) . The iconic Emirates Stadium - home to Arsenal since 2006. Decent alternatives are stations Finsbury Park (Victoria and Piccadilly line) and Highbury & Islington (Victoria line and London overground). A.pint of Carlsberg and a Chicken and Mushroom pie for a mind-boggling 8.50! Absolute class. Shortside Upper Tier 120. Upper Tier; 91 Emirates Stadium (2) 93 Emirates Stadium (2) 94 Emirates Stadium (1) 95 Emirates Stadium (1) 97 Emirates Stadium (1) 101 Emirates Stadium (3) 102 Emirates Stadium (1) Arguably the best seats in the house (after the VIP options), the long-side lower tier category tickets offer the best view of the match. I didnt think it was too bad, bearing in mind QPR arent a big London derby for Arsenal. All tickets are available to the general public. Without question, in my view, The Emirates is a must see ground. I had seats in the top tier in the North Bank and either side of me were couples who kept to themselves. A brilliant Bony header had us one nil up till halfway through the second half when they scored two in 66 seconds. I was surprised by how close together both sets of fans were situated, in fact in talking distance, but there was no trouble. Its also with regret that there are many stadiums, now confined to the history books, which I never had the chance to visit. As we arrived into London earlier than expected, due to good traffic, we decided to take the train and explore Central London for a couple of hours. The total number of spectators at this level is 2,222. Afterwards, we went for a walk around Regent Street, before heading back to Green Park to take the tube to Arsenal. Driving from Berkshire, we parked up in the car park at Hatton Cross Underground station. Under guidelines established by the CDPH and the Division of Occupational Safety and Health, fans must be able to maintain a minimum six-foot distance when queued in a line for example, when entering and exiting the stadium. The fact however that Highbury can still be seen just around the corner is a brilliant reminder of the past. A large lower tier, with a small second tier partially overhanging the lower tier. The orange tier designation limits attendance to in-state visitors only, requires weekly COVID-19 testing for stadium workers and limits suite occupancy to 25 percent. I challenge anyone not to be impressed by what must be one of the best stadiums in Europe. Also, as it was very spacious between the rows, this tended to lead to overcrowding in the rows with fans standing with their friends and I wonder whether this is a general problem or one specific to my club's fans? We could have even nicked it at the end. A London away day means a tube journey! The Police also do a good job of controlling the flow of the numbers of fans onto the station. Press J to jump to the feed. In the end a site was chosen just a few hundred yards away from Highbury, and, after a few delays, construction of the stadium started in 2004. I always come to football with my granddaughter as my carer. Dutch Dennis Bergkamp saw his statue added at a later date; Ken Friar an iconic non-footballing story associated with Arsenal also has a statue in situ at the Emirates. Although the woodwork was hit three or four times, there was only one goal in it which was scored by Walcott for Arsenal. It is a fantastic ground, and I think it is a shame that they left it. Onto MK Dons for the FA Cup with the 5,000 Rangers fans! Journeyplanner.org London public transport journey planner. Whilst the clock End and North Stands have been replaced by sharp looking apartment blocks, the East and West Stand structures remain the red and white exteriors standing proud as a nod to the wonderful history of this beautiful old stadium. It seems that most fans gather in this area before the game, and a mixture of Albion and Arsenal fans were mixing freely. View tickets. Ticket Prices: The Club operates a category system for ticket prices (A, B & C) at Arsenals Emirates stadium. Having now done 86 of the current 92 I've had good experience of stadiums in the English league and I must say this one tops the list. I decided to go straight to the ground as there were only 30 minutes until kick off. All is not lost though; for away fans can still grab a beverage at a couple of other places. In 1913 the club was relegated to the second division after only winning one game at the Manor Ground all season. The facilities were excellent. When I reached my seat I realised it was a padded seat which was a bonus! there is a Railway line that runs next to the stadium which I think goes into King's Cross and it would have been a great idea to have built a new Arsenal station as part of the Emirates Stadium complex. The stadium has undergone a process of Arsenalisation since 2009 with the aim of restoring visible links to Arsenals history. I have to say that, despite the stringent security measures employed, the stewards were among the most polite and helpful that I've come across. Other things that impressed me were the many subtle nods to the clubs past. The upper and lower parts of the stadium feature standard seating. Arsenal dominate possession but lack the guile to breakdown the Watford rearguard. There were lots of Arsenal fans on the tube and we were the only away fans on there that I could see, but the Arsenal fans didn't bother with us. Short-side upper tier block: Shortside Upper Tier 123 only 2 ticket (s) Mobile tickets Other Note: Young Adult (18 to 21) 376.47 Book now Short-side upper tier block: Shortside Upper Tier only 2 ticket (s) Mobile tickets 382.35 Book now Long-side lower tier only 2 ticket (s) Print at Home Other Note: AMAZING SEATS FOR THIS HUGE MATCH 411.76 7. The four star Travelodge at Finsbury Park may well appeal with its cheap night price and close location; its under a mile away and can be walked within 15 minutes. walk to Finsbury park tube after game as not so much of a queue there. There is the Sobell Leisure Centre on Hornsey Road (N7 7NY). Well done Arsenal Football Club. Whilst the crowd was eventually over 60,000, there must have been fewer than 10% of them in their seats fifteen minutes before kick-off! The atmosphere was strange as for the first game (Lyon v Villereal) there was hardly any noise from the fans, only Arsenal attacking in the second game brought them to life. The Leeds fans got the whole lower tier behind one of the goals and half the upper tier, including two corners, there was a middle tier of corporate seats in-between the Leeds fans, which isn't a great idea, but I'm told the usual amount of away fans is just the lower tier corner of that end. I've Passed the Emirates Stadium many times on the East Coast line into Kings Cross and had often dreamt of Doncaster Rovers playing there. To view the Emirates Stadium in 3D panoramic view with 360 degree navigation please scroll though the tiers, blocks, rows and seats for a ultra-realistic view from seat experience. The Hospitality Lounges include spacious private lounge with top quality hospitality and seats close to the halfway line giving spectacular views of all the action on the pitch. Nationalrail.co.uk Check train times and fares. You surely will enjoy the fantastic english football atmosphere. If thats the case an overnight stay might appeal. We managed to gift Arsenal a first goal after a sloppy pass-out from defence but even after Arsenal scored a second, deflected goal in the second half, I felt a Reading goal would have change the nature of the game. Arsenal missed two excellent chances, Walcott a one-on-one and Van Persie from 10 yards out hit over the bar. The same problem occurs at every new ground, no one bothers to consider the transport issues, getting away from Highbury was bad enough but now there is 60,000 seemingly all trying to use the same tube station. The cheapest tickets at Old Trafford are located on the Short-side Upper tier category, behind each goal. Getting back to the coaches was very quick there followed quite a long delay until the Police deemed the crowds to have dispersed enough to allow the coaches to leave. The two places I haven't sat are in the away end or in diamond club. I had purchased a couple of Oyster Cards the week before, two cards which were obtained for 5 deposit and each loaded with 10. QPR didnt play badly but the one terrible error cost us and we didnt have too many chances throughout the match. The home fans didn't seem excited or interested. Changing room and tunnel was surreal :-)) you got to check it out !! The two outdoor MLS venues in Los Angeles County will host their first games of 2021 later next month. Fans are still prohibited from attending indoor sports events for counties in the orange tier . From the station it is a 5 minute walk and the stadium and housing that was built with it are easily visible as soon as you turn right out of the station. IMPORTANT NOTE VIP Area :The Hospitality areas open from three hours prior to kick-off and up to one hour after the final whistle. In 1956, a replica of the North Bank roof which was destroyed during the war was built. Arriving at about 6.15, we decided to go straight in to the ground. When it comes to the biggest derby that takes to the Emirates Stadium pitch it is simply no contest. Watford are off to Wembley! Oh, and the Arsenal players doing a lap of honour at the end was just daft. Along with the completion of the North Bank, the Clock End and both East and West Paddocks were seated, and two Jumbotron screens were installed at a cost of 3m to give Highbury its final finished modern look, though giving Arsenal a final all seated capacity of 38,500, this was to prove to small and plans were in the making to relocate and in 2000 the club purchase a site at Ashburton Grove, not far from Highbury and left in 2006 leaving the Stadium to be demolished and used for housing, though the listed facades of Ferriers East and West Stands live on by being tastefully implemented into the new apartment building built in there place, in a new residential development called Highbury Square, with the former pitch area used as a communal garden. Tickets for Arsenal matches can be bought online, or by phone 0844 277 3625 (+44 207 649 9003 if calling from abroad). It is in no way intimidating for away players or fans. Arsenal FC vs Fulham FC . Open on the 14th of August 1993, the new North Bank costing 14m, with 12,400 seats over two tiers was applauded for its fans concourse and facilities which included a club boutique, games arcade, museum, cocktail bar and bond holders restaurant as well as its external Art Deco styling similar to Ferriers East and West Stands built 60 years previous. Drayton Park rail station, closest to the stadium, closes on matchdays. This is perfect timing for us to welcome back even more of our fans to celebrate the start of our 60th Anniversary season, team spokesperson Adam Chodzko said. Once we were on the motorway it was plain sailing. Alexander: What did last years baseball lockout achieve, anyway? Club: Arsenal FC | Opening: 2006 | Capacity: 60,361 seats. I look forward to returning next season. On the positive side the stadium is indeed one of quality. I have visited the Emirates Stadium a few times, and found it to looks bigger when being on the inside rather than viewed externally. The iconic Emirates Stadium -home to Arsenal since 2006. If you get there before a certain time, beer is 3.50, otherwise is 5. The Student Room and The Uni Guide are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd. Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. So my personal choice would be about 5 rows back in the North West corner, upper tier. Didn't really speak to any home fans but all seemed friendly enough. Travelling from the east coast of Lincolnshire, I didn't fancy driving down there with no parking for miles around.trains were out of the question with nothing running north till after 5am the next morning and would have cost the earth. The seats were wide and padded with adequate legroom. Only one TV screen visible. Deprotonation and pKa: How can pKa = pH if an acid has an odd number of hydrogens? We arrived with an hour to spare and I immediately bought a programme only to receive a free one when entering the turnstile later on! A tip when walking back to the station, dont queue on the left hand side, walk past the station about 150 yards and join the queue from that end, it will save a bit of time. There isn't really a 'bad seat' in the house but it depends what you want from it. The Student Room and The Uni Guide are both part of The Student Room Group. I travelled on one of the official supporters coaches. Atmosphere was we've come to expect from new grounds. In 1964 Arsenal experimented with undersoil heating, which was not successful. And we were positioned at the side of the pitch rather than behind the goal. Described as "beautiful" and "intimidating" by architect Christopher Lee of Populous, the Emirates Stadium is a four-tiered bowl. I am also fascinated by stadiums that are no longer here, their importance to those that visited them and the memories that they are steeped in. It has been a couple of seasons since Norwich were able to play one of the top teams in England, and a cup tie under the lights against Arsenal was not something to miss. Woolwich Arsenal as they were known, moved to the Manor Ground at Plumstead in the summer of 1893. My son went without his ticket once and couldn't get back in till I went to his rescue which took about ten minutes to get to him. Having never attended a game here I can only imagine the atmosphere which would have been created, and the bustle which would have filled the surrounding streets as 38,000 fans approached or left the ground. Pace, movement, threat and directness, all absent until 15 minutes to go. I flew from Edinburgh to Gatwick in the morning and got a train into East Croydon to meet up with my stepson who lives in Croydon. Book Arsenal Match Tickets www.eticketing.co.uk/arsenal, Book Train Tickets www.thetrainline.com, Book a Hotel near the Emirates Stadium www.booking.com, Transport for London Website www.tfl.gov.uk. The atmosphere was very flat, there was no banter from the home fans, and they didn't come alive until they scored. I'm born and raised in Mansfield so I have always followed my local team however my father grew up in Leicester so I've always followed them closely from a young age. Direct train into London Marleybone. The West Stand began to take shape in 1932 and in time for its grand opening on the 5th of November of that year the club had also talked London Transport into renaming Gillespie Road Underground Station to Arsenal. I normally travel by train but as the last train back to Swansea left Paddington at 22:45 (roughly one hour after the game) I decided against this and travelled via the official coaches. The away contingent stated for several minutes to celebrate a famous victory with the players and management. Back onto the rather quiet coaches within a few minutes, and then a two hour crawl to get past the roadworks. Old Trafford is a beautiful stadium. The Drayton pub near to the ground was full of both sets of supporters, who were happily singing away. Once inside the Emirates stadium it is certainly an impressive place. Honest! The walk from the station was very simple literally just around the corner passing by plenty of souvenir and food stalls. Leicester went 1-0 up and should have been 2-0/3-0 up at the break. The nearby Holloway Road Station had been shut after the game which I believe happens after all 3pm games so we walked 15 minutes to Highbury & Islington and took the tube there to Hillingdon which was as straightforward as it gets. Although we lost by a solitary goal, the memories of visiting the Emirates Stadium will be a lasting one. Some of the food outlets were set up in people's front gardens which looked a bit unusual. This wasnt the case, just the outside of the stadium alone looked excellent. Fans of both clubs were there, many wearing colours. However, getting tickets always proved to be tricky. It could be deemed intimidating for away fans as there is a large number of home fans, but on this occasions, there was a group of Bolton fans that we joined. Of course, if youre happy to take our advice on finding the stadium, youve got a sickening number of hotel options to explore in the wider area. The old time piece from the Highbury Clock End now has pride of place in its new surroundings which is a lovely touch. A superb first half from the Swans resulted in Sam Clucas scoring his first for the club putting us 1-0 up at half time. People say new stadiums all look the same like a bowl style arena with different coloured seats. Why you were looking forward to going to the Emirates Stadium? Click here for all hotels near the Emirates Stadium. There is just one central food outlet to serve all of the away fans and it is quite dark considering that the stadium is new. I would suggest any seat in Rows 1 to 7 from Block 133 to 93 (West Stand) or Block 110 to 115 (East). The Russell Group hurt/heal game (Part 5), The Cambridge College Hurt/Heal Game [part 2], First Step decomposition? We left at 6 and there was a queue down the street to get into the pub. Dodgers Andrew Friedman looking for impactful player in wake of Gavin Lux injury, Disneyland quietly removes controversial lyric from new parade soundtrack, Fannie Mae halts financing for 6,102 condos in Laguna Woods, Tax filing deadline moves to mid-October for most Californians, 2 arrested in Anaheim on suspicion of possessing $463,000 in stolen merchandise, Baram and Tioumentsev win World Junior title hours after their coach, Todd Sand, suffers heart attack, Lake Forest woman filed restraining order against daughter 8 years before being killed in their home, California weighs $360,000 in reparations to eligible Black residents, Taco Mesita opens flagship location in Old Town Tustin, OC Restaurant Week kicks off Sunday, March 5, Lake Forest man convicted of killing stepmom with pickaxe, As Adderall shortage continues, DEA plans to limit some telemedicine prescriptions, House where JonBenet Ramsey was found dead listed for sale for almost $7M, Columbia University permanently drops SAT, ACT admissions requirement, The Waterbed Doctor: California retailer lays claim to retro bed with nearly 40 years of service, sales, Felonious Florida podcast: Missing teenage girl leads to several cases of child sex trafficking, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. The ground does look bigger than Old Trafford and even Wembley, but it has lots of leg room so it doesnt fit as many seats in. But even when it was 0-0, there was not much noise to be heard from the home fans apart from the odd 'Arsenal' chant. I flew back to Scotland the next morning. He once recorded a keyboard solo on the same album as two of the original Doors. Take your own food as it very expensive. The atmosphere I was told at the Emirates is very poor. Very friendly and helpful. By 1969, 5,500 Seats had been installed in the West Stands lower tier. my first visit to the Emirates stadium overcame my concerns about moving on from Highbury. The ground boasted a 2000 seat stand on the north side, a covered terrace on the south side and a vast Spion Kop on the east side of the ground with a sewer running behind. San Siro Stadium - Useful Information for Visiting Supporters stadium gates opening: normally 2 hours before kick-off Visiting Supporters' Sector: 3rd tier - blue section (3 Anello Blu). The first was for an international friendly, where I had tickets for the upper tier of the stadium. That didn't happen so it was a 2-0 defeat the difference between the two sides being Oxlade-Chamberlain who can score goals. After about 30 minutes things had quietened down and we got seats on the tube back to Hatton Cross. . Arsenal showed their class second half and three excellent goals led them to a 3-1 victory. The Old Trafford categories are divided into the classicLong-side / Short-side Upper tier / Lower tier categories, along with VIP areas and plenty of Executive boxes (Salford Suite, Manchester Suite, 500 club etc).