North facing rooms will have cool natural light, which will make Greek Villa look less creamy off white and closer to a pure white. Add to Favorites . Im concerned GV will be too white, but its hard to know how much brighter the edited photos are. Always sample colors and look at them day or night! It also works for: You can really use Greek Villa with most any color scheme as long as its nothing super cold toned. I wouldnt say it is a true white, it mostly has warm, slight, beige and subtle yellow undertones. Any recommendations on the type of white for the way the windows face and the flooring? Benjamin Moore's Cloud White is a classic off-white. Samplize offers peel and stick paint samples that are more AFFORDABLE, EASIER and more ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY than traditional paint pots. Sherwin Williams Greek Villa Undertones Sherwin-Williams also offers complimentary color consultations, which can be done virtually. Your email address will not be published. Sherwin Williams Pure White is one of the best all-purpose shades of white paint for interiors. Get all the details about Paint Sheens here, and dig deeper into them with these guides: Furniture Paint So the walls are Greek Villa in Flat but what color and sheen ar the shutters, please? Keep in mind that while going with a white, clean backdrop for the interior of your home, there are several ways to add warmth to an all-white room. Greek Villa feels cozy, warm, and inviting in any space. But it is still a very light paint color. Harriet's father, Thomas Martineau, was a Norwich manufacturer; Elizabeth Rankin was the maiden name of her mother, who is described as "a true Northumbrian woman." Its a timeless white that is bright, with a touch of warmth. It is so versatile, elegant, and timeless it could be used almost anywhere. Sherwin Williams Pure White SW 7005 is a gorgeous and versatile white paint color. While Alabaster may look white at first glance, if you place it next to a true white, you will notice that it has some beige - or almost greige - undertones. Follow me on social media for lots more home decor, DIY & recipe content! The White trim paint color here is White Dove Satin Impergo OC 17 - looks great with gray walls. But Im here to make it easy by introducing you to Sherwin Williams Greek Villa. But all rooms have four walls you gotta pick the color for the best impact. Let me show you some examples. Get peel-and-stick removable and reusable paint samples here! Check out the Love Remodeled Facebook group ask questions or show off your latest DIY! Greek Villa vs Alabaster Tried, true and tested door and trim paint! But after painting the entire room and ceiling with Greek Villa, it looked so much brighter and whiter. consider using a clean soft white like Pure White SW 7005 or Greek Villa SW 7551. The lighting here uses 4100k temp LED. Need another coat on walls. Its a bright off-white, with a touch of warmth. Not sure what LRV is? With Greek Villa having an LRV of 84, this classifies it as a SOFT WARM shade of white. Without any glaringly obvious undertones, Pure White is an optimal white paint color to use just about anywhere. Designer Secrets: 10 Pros Share Their Favorite White Paints Becky Harris Full Story COLOR Color of the Year: Off-White Is On Trend for 2016 By Jennifer Ott Design See why four paint brands have chosen a shade of white as their hot hue for the new year Full Story Trim Color Tips: Get Your White Trim Right By Jennifer Ott Design Full Story Sorry, i must have commented on someone elses picture. Looking for more? Mindful Gray, a Top Greige by Sherwin Williams. In addition, you want to make sure that the other whites in the space dont bring out the yellow or green undertone in Greek Villa. Sherwin Williams Greek Villa Color Palette, Interior Design Color Scheme, Paint Palette, Whole House Paint Colors, Greek Villa Trim Ad vertisement by FremontHome. A warm trim against white walls made a room feel traditional, a light wood trim gave off Scandi vibes, and a dark room with intentionally dark trim created drama. We have SW Gossamer Veil on the main walls and ceiling, Austere Gray on walls and ceiling in MB and MBath, Sea Salt on walls and ceiling in Study, Naval on walls and ceiling in half bath w/ white wainscoting, Thunder Gray in laundry room w/ Greek Villa on ceiling, Cascades in DR w/ Greek Villa on ceiling, Woody Rosemary in guest bath w/ a creamy white board and batten, and Repose Gray in the guest bedrooms. It is an elegant and timeless shade that works almost anywhere. Check out my Amazon Shop, where you can get everything you need to start painting, including Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore paint color decks! This is a learn-to-decorate blog, not a look-what-Kylie-can-do blog. It is not too . We also have good artificial lighting with recessed lighting, sconces and ceiling light and WD still looks a little muddled to me. Also, with our build we are hoping to stick with Sherwin Williams. With a LRV of 72, you'll notice right away this is a definitely an off-white color. Thanks for sharing :). Door trim: Arcade White by Behr. Will they compliment the greek villa wall color? Pure White adds a subtle contrast and brings out slight dimension from the fireplace. For our textured walls, Sherwin-Williams recommended a 3/8 nap. Its over here! Hi we are building a small, 1450 sq ft. home. And because Greek Villa is a warm white, it has a yellow undertone, just like most of the other popular shades. BUT you will need to supplement with adequate interior lighting. Hire me for a Interior Color Consultation here. Lesson learned! Because Greek Villa is a brighter white, it's pretty darn flexible as to its colour partners. This means its DEFINITELY worth trying out if your finishes suit a warmer white paint colour. Off White Paints. I would check SW Alabaster or SW Pure White in flat finish. Is Sherwin Williams Greek Villa warm or cool Greek Villa is a warm paint color. Help! While I like WD, I wish it was a bit brighter at times. Shoji White, The Perfect Farmhouse White? Pinterest. Ok, lets get into all the deets of this painting project with Sherwin-Williams! Click here for a full color review on Alabaster. White walls are super popular. So, warm toned cream paint colors are really having a moment. You have very big one that deserves proper attention. Pure White is the best Sherwin Williams white paint color for trim (also called baseboards). Fresh Cotton by Valspar Dont let your tray with paint and your rollers sit out in the open air. Sherwin-Williams. Sherwin Williams Greek Villa is the perfect soft-white neutral paint colors. You can also check out SW Pearly with SW Extra White Trim. Required fields are marked *. The shutters are actually just the leftover color that the previous owners had done, so I don't know what it is! Of course, when youre painting white its a very reflective wall color, and the way that it looks changes based on your natural light, furniture, any statement/accent wall colors, and even whats outside your window (lots of green bushes/trees can give it a green hue). Leave the ceiling windows bare otherwise you have to have remote control to is troll to raise and lower them Do you want blinds you could do that. I have several videos where I talk about different white interior paints such as; Benjamin Moore White Dove vs. PURE WHITE coordinating Colors Interior Paint Palette - Prepacked paint palette - Whole House Paint Colors . SW Greek Villa looks great as a bright white for your trim! Would love to see more examples of how the color looks on a daily basis! They are offering either SW Pure White or SW Extra White. While I wish we could just get rid of that wall, its load-baring. The best cream paint colors for living rooms, 10 best Sherwin Williams cream paint colors, Benjamin Moore Swiss Coffee: a complete color review. I'm liking both. If you want a light and soft paint color that leans warm, Greek Villa might be a good choice for you. When Omied suggested painting that wall an accent color, again I was against it. Within it were two fair girls reclining: the one blending the romantic wildness of a maid of Italy with the exquisite purity of English nature; the other illuming, with the devotion of a vestal, the classic beauty of a Greek. Grab your free copy of 5 Biggest Paint Choice Mistakes Click here or enter your email below. Samplize provides real paint samples that are easy to move around your home, and cheaper than buying a gazillion paint pots! Our house is more "transitional" even though my personal esthetic is modern. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. We are so in love with how it looks! It could save your paint lovin life read all about it HERE. My granite is the boss! Creamy Whites such as SW Shell White can look dingy. There's the tiniest pink of pink undertones with a creamy white that feels so fresh and crisp. Am I wrong? What are your thoughts about Alabaster, Westhighland or Shoji as trim colors? Your countertop is so strong gold the off whites that are more toward the green/yellow part of this color wheel would work better with all your choices. Which white would look best with those colors? Sherwin Williams Greek Villa vs Alabaster Another paint from the SW off-white collection, SW Greek Villa shares quite a few similarities with Alabaster. When partnering up shades of white, one white can expose the underbelly of another, meaning its EASY to get clashing undertones. R: 237 G: 234 B: 229; Hex Value: #edeae5; YES, I love when the right whites are used to balance an exposure like this well done! Picking the right roller nap thickness is a big one. If you have a dark room, the warmth of Greek Villa (compared to say, Pure White) can help your space look a bit more inviting. How to Choose the Best White Paint Colour for Your Kitchen Cabinets, The Best Paint Colours for Kitchen Island & Bathroom Vanities, Comparison is the KEY to choosing the best paint colour for your home. Why cant I have white cabinets? Chantilly Lace - OC - 65. We are in the process of painting SW Greek Villa throughout our home. These country paint colors create a comforting, family-friendly nuance that feels inviting and lived-in. Hope i didnt make a mistake.. Shoji? @Flo Mangan Help!! Now that you understand the similarities, lets talk about their differences. They both have yellow undertones, but Alabaster has a bit of gray in it. You could keep your trim Greek Villa, and use a semi-gloss paint to differentiate between the walls and trim. This post may contain affiliate links. Greek Villa is a WARM WHITE paint colour. Personally, I think if your whole condo is Greek Villa, doing an accent color for your kitchen cabinets would look really great and be a fun pop! Greige is a blend of warm and cool - beige and gray, whereas cream is a yellow-based paint colour. We then went to our Sherwin-Williams store and got paint samples for those colors. Thank you for visiting! Pure White by Sherwin-Williams is a beautiful, neutral white that is a great choice for anyone who wants white walls, trim and/or ceilings. Hi Maria! So needless to say it is definitely one of my favorite cool whites. Usually, with white cabinets, white trims are used. . Pure white would have a luminance value of 100 C=Chroma - how colorful or neutral. Painting whole house Sherwin Williams Greek Villa. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/paint-colour-review-the-5-whitest-white-paint-colours/. Not super dark but if you want a rich greige, Mindful Gray is for sure a color to sample. Snowbounds LRV is 83, so its very similar to Greek Villas LRV. These no-mess, peel and stick rectangles are made from real paint, so they will show you exactly what the paint color will look like. We had to go in and replace the countertops. I'm Elise, writer and founder behind What The Fab, a travel, and lifestyle blog based in California, founded in 2012. Your email address will not be published. I actually just wrote a blog post about this EXACT TOPIC that could be very helpful to you! We started by going to the Sherwin-Williams store and picking out a ton of paint color cards. Is there a darker white that you would suggest for my walls that wont make GV look yellow? Mountain Peak White - OC- 118. Your email address will not be published. White Wall Paint. Read why HERE. If you are doing any accent walls. It's part of several Sherwin Williams Collections including Living Well, Top 50 Colors, and Timeless White.