This anonymous data helps us to better understand users' needs and customize the website accordingly. I had the same problem with the same gun. I think the article was well reasoned, and I agree for the most part. The older I get the more I find things to be difficult. A transfer-bar safety system was employed with the RIA along with the firing pin located in the frame, like the Charter Arms. Rossi dont exist anymore, unfortunately Rossi went bankrupt about a decade ago and Taurus bought it. In 2000, the production of almost all Rossi revolver designs stopped, and several new models were introduced. Our Low Price $344.09 QuickView It has been in the safe for many years so as soon as my license approves I will service it properly. Most shootings happen within 3 to 7 feet distance. If your on a budget and are hunting for a snub n. Its the perfect way to show a total lack or respect for people and prove you have no real experience thats useful to anyone. Kingston, NY 12401, 2023 Numrich Gun Parts Corporation. It requires many hours of practice, and few newbies are willing and/or able to dedicate that kind of time. One of these was the small R351, a snub-nosed .38 Special revolver with the extra safety feature (apart from the fixed point firing pin and blocking bar safety present on all Rossi revolvers) of a hammer spur lock. Im always impressed when some noob teaches me important lessons about guns. Damn shame, I have about a hundred or so rounds of +P, and about the same in regular. All Rossi revolversfeature the unique Taurus Security System and are covered by their LifetimeRepair Policy. Haha. Pin.$ 2, Hand..Out, Pair of Standard If needed, have them hit a man size silhouette from 6 feet! If you have a question about an item, please call or e-mail for more information before placing your order. The Rossi Firearms website no longer shows handguns. a snubby has its place and training and practice can overcome its shortcomings. No one expects to reload if you use it. I agree with Felixd. And how many shots are fired? Much better feel ! The .38 Special, also commonly known as .38 S&W Special (not to be confused with .38 S&W), .38 Smith & Wesson Special, .38 Spl, .38 Spc, (pronounced "thirty-eight special"), or 9x29mmR is a rimmed, centerfire cartridge designed by Smith & Wesson.. Granted its not a .38 spec, but I do have a few more rounds on me , 60 to be exact and at 50g, ballistic tip, I think its gonna leave a mark, permanent to! Love that single action. The Rossi 88 is a direct descendant of the classic Smith & Wesson model 60, .38 Chief's Special Stainless. Change the title to 4 reasons a new shooter should not carry a .38 snub nose. Cheers. Speedloaders, speed strips, and moon clips do a great job of speeding up the process. for a up close and personal defense response, the 38 snub will do the job. They are also safe to carry fully loaded and concealed, since they are equipped with internal safety systems that require the trigger to be pulled fully to the rear to fire a round. First impression, it looks to be a solid little gun and with the 3 inch barrel (which was the attraction), I thought it was going to be a decent Defense weapon. The only answer to that is to use more powerful cartridges, which just increases the recoil, and all the pluses and negatives that goes with that mechanics of shooting. I would never dream of driving a 2 trim nail with a sledge hammer. In a nutshell, punishing recoil combined with difficult sights makes successfully grouping rounds on paper very tough. But Im realistic about both my, and its capabilities. Hinterland #: 22039. recoil-operated semi-auto shotgun. . At 21 ft Im having no prob hitting 5/5 rapid fire looking over my little painted white front sight. People have said I was under gunned when I carried a M-2 carbine in Vietnam in 1962!!! Peace!! Its why defensive instructions tell shooters not to use the slide release, but to charge the slide with their whole hand. Ruger LCR-LG 38 Spl+P Revolver with Crimson Trace Lasergrips. Bob's Gun Shop Inc. Po Box 200 Royal AR 71968 MILLIONS OF GUN PARTS !! We improvised with a Galco holster and found the larger RIA was not as comfortable to carry as either the Rossi or Charter Arms, in our view. Its one 240 grain XTP and done . The ballistics concerns in your article may be true, but there is no substitute for being able to fire point blank from a pocket or purse without having to draw the weapon. At 5 yards I am pointing not aiming. There are just a few more toys I need to get. But theyre just addressing the symptom and not the cause. Cost..$30, Target Eligible for FREE shipping * 32A . By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Got my parts ordered and we'll see if they get here. I have noticed if I run close to 2 boxes of cartridges through mine something losens up(or perhaps tightens up)in the cylinder and when I push the thumb release for the cylinder it almost does not want to swing out from the frame. He also taught me how to shoot from the hip. It was a pocket gun. Actually Jim small, hammerless, revolvers are great when you need to defend yourself while interviewing a moron who might be involved in a crime. Blade$25, Barrel..$50, Lock Bolt The pattern element in the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. If SHTF Im looking protect mine, for cover and for an exit. Under stress, its difficult to do intricate tasks. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. This lock is operated by a removable key, and prevents the hammer from moving. Perhaps an article like this will cause an experienced shooter to carefully reconsider advice they provide to newbies. I dont claim to be another Jerry Miculek, I just dont want to be a statistic, so I do practice! The front edge of the cylinder had a slight chamfer, which aided reholstering. . I never felt that my backup 3-1/16 stainless Ruger SP-101 loaded with Federal or Winchester 158gr. And their snub nose revolvers include the R35 and R46 variant. I changed out the grips to an old timey skinny J-frame grip and my accuracy improved. As with any firearm one has to learn to use it properly. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. dont feel undergunned with my S&W 19 2 1/2 357 MAGNUM, it is barky and only 6 shotsbut it ALWAYS goes bang and it is NOT a recoil killer. The soft rack and recoil is more forgiving. In fact, I would argue it is among the most difficult. But the wife said if I buy anymore guns or knives theyll be stuck up my ass, Ive seen other awesome Rossi .38s with grips that dont seem to fit, but the guns still look fantastic! Never had to shoot anyone, had transitioned to a 9 when I did. Still here, and still like revolvers too. I owned two gun shops for a total of about 20 years and was an active certified instructor for a total of about forty years. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". "etc etc etc.and a few days later i got my screw in the mail free of charge. 5 shot. Countless amateur and professional penetration tests prove with proper ammo penetration is not a problem. My Model 36 Smith and Wesson with barrel less than 2 inches long fires a 148 grain hardcast WC at 782 fps. I dont expect to do any long range shooting with it. Springfield 951 Single Shot Shotgun, .410ga. 4. If you are relying on a snubbie you HAVE TO PRACTICE. Spring.$2, Rebound The trigger was initially gritty, but it smoothed out after use. Rossi 971, 68 Hammer Spring. Thanks for watching My videos, please like, share & subscribe! Revolvers are legend. Our initial examination saw a slight bit of wiggle in the cylinder. There was also a hammer-block system similar to those found on S&W revolvers, which is activated when the hammer is cocked in single action. This is an Alexa Analytics cookie that is used to track user behavior. Average accuracy was 1.5 inches for 5 shots across the board. Guns International #: 100422411 Seller's Inventory #: HGR35103U Rossi R92 Lever Action Carbine. At the top of the crane was a detent that locked the front of the cylinder to the frame. Nothing more. EU TIVE UM IGUAL , ME ARREPENDO AT HOJE DE TER VENDIDO, FUI UM IMBECIL. Just long guns etc. Ignition is hammer nose type firing pin. Thats extra time. I bought a 3" Taurus 856 Defender. All rights reserved. Pistols will no longer ship with braces. Interarms imports a lot of cool stuff! I can still hit a target at 10-15 feet from the hip. Chances are you will go through your whole life cycle without ever shooting anyone. Sorry, we are unable to do any international sales of firearms parts due to excessive cost and regulations. Its a fantastic little gun that brings me a lot of joy at the range. $116.53. We ran a range rod down the barrel just to check the chamber-to-barrel alignment and found it was good. Yep, youre a yyoungster who probably loves guns made from plastic. Our Team Said: The Model 206 was not as nicely manufactured as the other two, and the grip needs to be updated, but it was accurate. You do have new Rossi named guns in US but besides the Puma lever action, those guns are all Taurus and CBC(Magtech) designs. Rossi R35 and R47. These Rossi 88s and its blue brother 68 are the ultimate bargain guns of all time! You are entitled to your opinion. Tends to range from slightly-better-than-junk to very good quality. Also, the trigger was the second best of the three tested, and it held six rounds for a 20 percent edge in capacity over the 5-shooters. One of my favs. . Founded by Amadeo Rossi in 1889, Rossi firearms have represented excellence in gun manufacturing for over 130 years. "SN: SRL1364, Modern Production, .38 Special with a 1.875"" Barrel. Stop$20, Cylinder Stop Assuming the wheel gun of choice is chambered in something really potent like .44 Magnum or .357 Magnum, the slow reloads are acceptable. He, and I, would never dream of trying to hit someone 15 = 20 feet away with one unless our sole goal were to make as much noise asRead more . Accordingly, the Rossi is safe to carry with all five chambers loaded. Was: $33.57. Nice Vid. A ROSSI 88 STAINLESS pistol is currently worth an average price of $326.09 used . This makes it a good choice for CCW holders. The Rossi had a double-action trigger-pull weight of about 12 pounds, and our shooters felt it had the best trigger of all three revolvers smooth and consistent. Surprise surprise I called at 7:00 am (central time) and someone answered the phone first ring (WTH!). YouTube - Store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen. $335.32. Blackhawk Leather Speed Classic Holster. Another point, that I admit is picking a nit, it is NOT stability that the bullet gains from a longer barrel. At 5 ft. it will penetrate 5 one gallon milk jugs filled with water. Dont care what You own, Practice, Practice, Practice, The Most Expensive Round You Shoot Will Do No Good Unless It Hits Its Target ! This Safety Warning covers .38 Special and .357 Magnum revolver models R351, R352, R461, R462, R851, R971, and R972 . There is no such thing as a hand-held, 100% reliable fight-stopping weapon. $400 Snubnose Revolvers: Rossi, RIA, and Charter Arms. ORDER; Hes older and doesnt have the arm strength to keep it straight out in front. And this problem only gets worse for shooters with bad eyesight, in dim lighting conditions, or worse shooting under pressure. please, What is the price in US$ currency. Essential Survival Tools - Some Are Free, Some Require S&H, Some Are Necessary And All Are Unique! Best Laser Equipped. ElHalcon . SAAMI Accepts 30 Super Carry As New Standardized Cartridge. Not really into revolvers, but Id drop $350 for that piece. The R351 is finished in blued steel; a variant, the . My favorite is the smith airlite 351. The ramp was serrated so there was not glare when aiming in direct sunlight. Beautiful revolver. 3 hard cast wadcutters with 2 90 gr. The GyroJet pistol fires small rockets or microjets that utilize rocket propulsion to fire its rounds rather than the traditional gunpowder [], The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers was developed specifically for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. In figuring reload time, dont forget the time it takes to empty the spent cylinder. 2. No matter what else Im carrying IWB at 4 oclock my 342PD is in a right side front pocket holster and has been for decades. 759067Smith & Wesson Model 642-2 .38 Special +P Revolver with a Centennial-style frame features an enclosed hammer and is made of alloy/stainless . The new ones from Braztech since purchased by Taurus dont have actions near as smooth and no collectible value as compared to the old ones.These old Rossis always had a better trigger out of the box than a S&W J frame. Enjoyed the video. Taurus 285621 856 *CA Compliant 38 Special 6 Round 2 in Matte Black Oxide Black Rubber Grip. Place a weak hand finger or thumb in front of the cocked hammer, wedging it between the hammer face and the frame of the gun. Ammo Deals: ZSR Ammunition 9mm 124 Grain FMJ 1000 Rounds $259.99 FREE S&H, AR-15 Barrel Length Does It Even Matter? ExtractorOUT, Extractor However, there are exceptions. The Off Duty was the smallest and lightest as well as the most expensive revolver tested. Its nice to take a look at a humble revolver. it certainly can be used by your spouse and is far more effective than a .38 Special. Most modern firearms have sights designed for either speed or precision and sometimes even both. You simply carry it in an overcoat pocket and keep your hand on it as you talk. One of the old gunwriter standbys Like The 30/06 is Dead!! Rossi Old Model 685 Gun Parts (38) Rossi New Model 876 Gun Parts (17) Rossi New Model 461 Blue .357 Mag. We found the trigger was the second smoothest of the three, with minimal stacking in the final press. Ruger LCR-X 38 Special Double-Action Revolver with External Hammer $719.00 $629.99; In Stock Brand: Ruger; Item Number: 5430; Ruger SP101 .38 Special 5 Round DA/SA Revolver $859.00 $769.99; Notify Me When Available . As a cop in the 70s carried a 4 Smith; no +P, no speedloaders. This isnt to say that theyre a bad choice when shoe-horned into roles they werent built for, but more so that a combination of factors have caused some of their most shining moments to eclipse. Few of us get to take classes and get realistic training. Actually Jim, youll get no arguments from me. Those little Rossi .38s tend to be very hit or miss as far as Quality Control goes. Stevens Crackshot 16 side lever .22 rifle, Stevens Favorite 1894, 1915 .22 single shot rifle, Stevens Marksman Model 12 .22 single shot rifle, Stevens 18D-18DAC repeating bolt action shotgun, 12, 16, 20ga, clip-type magazine, Stevens 225, 235 Double Barrel Hammer Shotgun, Stevens 237-254 Single Shot Bolt Action shotgun, 20ga, Stevens 238A, 258A, 258AB, 258B Repeating Bolt Action Shotgun 20ga clip-type magazine, Stevens 38A-58A-58AB-58B Repeating Bolt Action Shotgun, .410ga, clip-type magazine, Stevens 39A, 59A, B, C Repeating Bolt Action Shotgun, .410ga tube-type magazine, Stevens 520, 520A, 620, 620A pump shotgun, Stevens 520, 521, 522, 525, 530, 535 earliest style 520 pump shotgun, Stevens 54B .410 Bolt Action Single Shot Shotgun, Stevens 58 & 51 Series E & F Repeating Bolt Action Shotgun, .410ga, clip-type magazine, Stevens 58 repeating bolt action shotgun, 12, 16, 20ga, clip-type magazine, Stevens 58C Repeating Bolt-action shotgun, .410ga, clip-type magazine, Stevens 58D-58DAC repeating bolt action shotgun, 12, 16, 20ga, clip-type magazine, Stevens 77-77A-77B-77C 12, 20ga. I usually carry a Glock G19. Good greef, Ill just leave the model 60 at home and and carry a pocket full of rocks. Great shooter and smooth trigger. That leaves twoRead more . With a history and tradition of fine gun making behind them, the Manurhin series of Revolvers is truly world-class. Most of the dual action only revolvers are about 12 pounds versus most semi-auto pistols are around the 5-pound range. My father just gave me his revolver. I know they recalled them for some models. Picture Information. I tend to prefer the Rugers as I like their triggers better than Smiths and I dont want to pay Colt prices. Taurus 856 Concealed Hammer .38 Special +P Double . It also included a security lock (like all Taurus revolvers) that requires a key to inactivate and activate the mechanism. I dont like the 2". Provided by Google Tag Manager to experiment advertisement efficiency of websites using their services. I didnt know that you shouldnt dry-fire it. i lost a screw for my rossi while cleaning..they said the screw was backordered and they were out i called week after week to no avail! Thanks for sharing your new find. True. The SP101 has a 2.25-inch barrel, slightly longer than many concealed carry barrels, and . Good info. Add to My Saved Parts. Item Information. BTW, do you and/or your wife engage in any tactical pistol competition, e.g., USPSA or IDPA. All were metal-frame revolvers chambered in 38 Special and sported 2-inch barrels. The smallish grip and stacking on the last bit of trigger press no doubt hindered accuracy. Come join the discussion about optics, trails, clubs, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more. 1880 ser. It had a hammerless design, meaning the hammer was enclosed within the frame, making the Off Duty smooth and snag free. Upon RARE occasion, I do carry one of these sidearms for personal protection, I hope you never have to find out, even with +p ammunition, just how inadequate they are to stop a fight. From what I can dtermine, it appears to be a 5-shot J-frame style, possibly a model 31. The 2-inch barrel used a full lug that enclosed the ejector rod. Amadeo Rossi was founded in 1889 by the guy with the same name who immigrated to Brasil from Italy late 19th Century. Written and photographed by Bob Campbell, using evaluations from Gun Tests team testers. I have never recommended a .38 special snub particularly a light weight model as a primary carry sidearm to a new shooter. Camden NJ they can sell guns ? I carry a Rossi Model 68, Its a direct copy of the Smith and Wesson Model 36 Chiefs Special. . During recoil, that narrow portion of the backstrap slapped the webbing of our hand as severely as the lightweight Charter Arms, even though the RIA was the largest and heaviest of the guns tested. It was my grandfathers pistol he left to me. Spring.$ 5, Crane).$35, Firing Pin With I have 2 , a short barrel and 3 in. The only big problem is that the coat may catch fire. I am amazed at the short time it took Bidens handlers to turn America into a land of shortages! It has all been done before.' See all listings by Robertson Trading Post Print this listing. This is the blued model with the 3" barrel chambered in 38 special with Fixed Sights. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Worst case scenario, reloading without a speed loader is akin to playing a life-or-death version of Operation with advanced Parkinsons Disease; your hands will tremble uncontrollably while you fumble to load slippery cartridges into a free-spinning cylinder and if you fail you might die. The R35202 is approved on the roster of . The guns were developed in the 1960s by Robert Mainhardt and Art Biehl through their joint company MB Associates. I too carry a S&W Model 60 on occassion during the summer, but Im much more comfortable with my P365 or M9. Or fastest delivery Feb 28 - Mar 2 . Very light with no external hammer, it slips into a coat pocket easily. Thank you. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. After all, each pull of the trigger is delivering an insane amount of energy. Ballistics: You have basically a 9mmRead more , I understand where Jim is coming from, but I dont agree with all of his thought processes. I would caution that some Local gun shops are less than helpful when it comes to shipping things they did not sell. Charter Arms has a long tradition of making affordable and powerful compact revolvers. Welcome to ShopRossi.com, buy online parts and accessories for your Rossi rifles, pistols and revolvers CUSTOMER CARE 229-210-2727 or 800-948-8029 Advanced Search But revolvers just look like its business time. and "i will sure tell everyone i know not to buy from you again.blah blah blahill be your worst friggin nightmare as far as customer relations! Thats the range that DA was designed for. I own this model, but a little newer. What does double action and single action mean in a gun? I liked shiny so much I picked up a S&W 500. 2 barrel with full lug ejector shroud and no barrel pin. It was a used 38 Special following the lines of a K-Frame Smith & Wesson. A man who likes revolvers is a man who likes the finer things in life, like fine wine. Great. But the .357 will leave . Tooling marks were evident on the exterior, though the satin nickel finish was evenly applied. In fact, it was the most accurate of the three tested. After running these revolvers, we found we liked a lot about all of them, but, as always, we noted some specific details about them we did not like. Or learning to hold ones pistol square in your hand; point like you do your index finger; and keeping your pistol on that one true like while you pull the trigger is lots faster and cheaper. While every effort is made to include accurate and correct images, descriptions and pricing for all products, inadvertent errors may occur. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. My Rossi M65(92 clone) .44-40 and Astra Colt .45 were imported by them. Items per page: . These were the best sights, in our opinion. They have a ffl. . WOW, someone else having trouble with Braztech International's customer service for warranty issues-say it isn't so. I do a lot of w. I have the 88 and just gave my son-in-law an unfired 68. 3. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. $919.00. Rossi .38 special parts are also available. A ring appeared around the cylinder shortly after dry firing and testing the Rossi. Just long guns etc. He was convinced it should be a 38 snub. Majority of self defense shooting are at bad breath range. Sent an e-mail to rossi and. Definitely Goodfellas got me in to revolver to. Ill occasionally carry a S&W 640-1 357 magnum 5 shot with two stripper clips. Great video. Arthur W. Kenneth K on 03/31/2015. Try to practice your draw, reloads and a few speed shooting rounds every day if possible. tune in to find out my thoughts on this stainless beauty. Not sure how you came to the conclusion on 38 spl snub . Thank you for sharing good job nice revolver! Stay safe out there. These came standard with walnut grips and were available either blued or with a nickel finish. Ive only done it to mine a few times. I have also use a 4 inch mod 64 that worked just fine. A friend told me that in a revolver course he took he was encouraged to carry a 3 inch barreled gun rather than a 2 inch barreled one. Gramps used to carry a 38 snubby in his pocket all the time. Negligent discharges are possible with a revolver, but nothing compared to those with semi-autos. Our Team Said: The Off Duty was the lightest and most compact revolver tested. It absolutely is effective, as demonstrated by your examples. I could hit a soda pop can at 50 yards with it time and time again, using hand-loaded lead semi-wadcutter ammunition.