Save your money and buy a quality shotgun. Last year, I grew Fortamino but the seeds didnt do well at all. Peter's Banded Skink Not Eating, New for 2019, each grade has added the 16-gauge to its I had one a couple of years ago. The gun is noticeably muzzle heavy, as you might expect with an alloy receiver. But if you take care of your Stevens 555 Enhanced, youll be rewarded with years of shooting fun. If you want a inexpensive double look at CZ's. Some owners have reported that the Stevens 555 Enhanceds trigger pull can be heavy and gritty. Anybody have one? I like shooting my 11-48 from my grandfather for doves, and my Weatherby SA-08 for non-tox ducks. DaveInAZ 611 136 Feb 23, 2017 #8 Gun is made by Sorry to hear. Fits me very well, and quite happy with the action. Still havent sent the gun off for repair. They are nice and crisp and have just the right pull weights for field shooting. Webstevens 555 double fire fix. Music washes away the dust of everyday life Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. | Ergonomics 50. The Mossberg 500 Pump Action Shotgun is one of the most popular home defense shotguns on the market. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1G7xXag. When it comes to planting tomatoes, the first step is choosing the right variety for your climate and soil type. It would be best to keep an eye on the parts for wear and tear. I researched this gun, and others, carefully for about 6 months, and was fully aware of the double-fire issue, and in fact did get a double fire on a 12ga 555 the one time I tried shooting it. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'homesteadandprepper_com-box-3','ezslot_4',114,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-homesteadandprepper_com-box-3-0');The Stevens 555 Enhanced is an excellent gun for small game hunting and plinking. Help others learn more about this product by uploading a video! Anyone have any experience with one of these? go ahead a get one. I took the 555 out to the range today and fired it for the first time. 5 Weird Homesteading Hacks That Will Make Your Life Easier! The author found the Stevens Model 555 in both 12 and 20 gauge to be a delight to use in the field. Webstevens 555 double fire fix. Homestead & Prepper is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, Springfield Armory Saint Common Problems. Stevens 555 Price Trend. Re: Stevens 555 28 ga O/U. The Model 555 has a sturdy extractor that elevates both shells, either loaded or empty, high enough for easy removal and allows handloaders to easily salvage every empty. The 555 comes in two grades: the basic grade, which costs $692, and the 555 Enhanced, which is $863. Also produced was an eclectic array of oddball cartridges, including the .25 Stevens, .25 Stevens Short, .25-21, .21-21, and .25-25. A forum community dedicated to Trap shooting enthusiasts. I can say I'm somewhat disappointed. My gauge measures it at 7.5lbs. The RST series, Estamino, and Fortamino are all good choices for shorter growing seasons. Thats a big spread between them. length of pull for smaller-framed shooters. I'm 6' even and this gun seems to fit me a lot better and with the added weight seems to swing more smoothly. Have shot the 20ga in 10 rounds of skeet or so, and maybe 8 dove hunts, its a pleasure to shoot and carry I ended up using it more than my 725 20ga this year, strangely. Both barrels went off, regardless of the selector switch. Ventilated side ribs add a touch of class and functional barrel cooling. JavaScript is disabled. I got one the wood looks good and it goes bang every time I pull the trigger. The barrels are made from carbon steel, chrome lined for enhanced pattern uniformity, and are topped with a ventilated rib with 1 brass bead front sight. T. turkish OP. arrived at CAL Ranch 19 Jan 18, picked up 20 Jan. Aug 1, 2012. There are no members to list at the moment. check out the. The 3-inch chambers and bores are chrome lined, and a set of five screw-in choke tubes (C, IC, M, IM, F) is included. However, the gun fits and feels nice, and when the price was $380 I figured I could roll the dice and see what I got, and resell it for about the same if I dont like it. Heterochromia Folklore, Couldnt pass it up. It is also known as Radiator Charlies Mortgage Lifter, after Charles Byles (1890-1976), an auto mechanic, This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our. Having read all about this happening with other folks, and toasty has some write-ups on the gun rebounding and hitting your finger causing the 2nd fire possible, I was holding it carefully and stroked the trigger lightly and with just the edge of my finger. Hopefully someone on here can point you in the right direction. check out the. A compact model has been added, with a 13.5 in. Heavier sear springs fixes the "problem." While the two Model 555 O-Us were plenty serviceable field guns, they were not without their foibles. stevens 555 23 results Filter Options Categories. If the new Silver 555 Stevens has the Brown enginnering, Sep 7, 2017. Took to skeet range today and tested it. He thought that was normal, I say "jacked up". I don't know about the Stevens 555E that had a double firing problem. Powered by UBB.threads PHP Forum Software 7.7.5. by | Jun 15, 2022 | north node conjunct neptune synastry | greek mythology son falls in love with mother | Jun 15, 2022 | north node conjunct neptune synastry | greek mythology son falls in love with mother Fax: (714) 638 - 1478. Fits me very well, and quite happy with the action. Considering picking one up as a lighter alternative to my 870 20ga. Web555 | Shotgun | Savage Arms Get world-class performance in an over-under at an affordable price. TSS + Steel Duplexing: when is steel enough? explained, Lightning steel #7 & #16, Estate FB vs. Fed FB. DaveInAZ 611 136 Feb 23, 2017 #8 Gun is made by I don't know about the Stevens 555E that had a double firing problem. Thats a big spread between them. Rootstock Selection for Short Season Tomatoes: What to Consider and Recommended Varieties, Rootstock selection is an important part of successful tomato production, especially in short seasons. The Stevens 555 is light and handles fast, thanks to a lightweight aluminum receiver. http://www.savageshooters.com/showthFiring-Problem. Metal is a matte black finish. It is not considered a severe problem, as most Stevens 555 parts are compatible with other Stevens firearms. As I thought, this is an old thread from 2016. Walther's new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations. Jerry, Some of you guysARE LUCKY. Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. Love this little gun except for the trigger on the top barrel. I have read post from owners of the 555 with issues of both barrels firing at the same time. Select Options. Tron is probably spot on about the Stevens 555E being a Turkish made gun. That will usually cause a double fire with a mechanical trigger system in such a light gun. Stevens 555 compact #15203209 09/07/20. WI. Stevens offers the 555 in 12 and 20 gauge models. Actually ended up getting both a 28ga and a 20ga. 9, and plenty of elbow grease removed it, but a slight stain remained on those metal parts. 22179 / 555 Enhanced 16-gauge, 28-inch barrel / $879. templegate tips saturday; totwoo always bracelets; north wirral coastal park the gunsite; venmo there was an issue with your payment; billy strings martin guitar; best prop for mercury 150 4 stroke; 2022.06.16. Chrono/Pattern testing 10gaOkie HG load, 5 flavors, Steel Shot #4 vs. #3, lethality and range, Large ducks (Goldeneye): shot sizes, range, CONSEP thoughts, Range comparison: Steel, ITX, HeviShot, HW13, TSS, Shot Bridging in chokes, patterns, pellet size vs. bore: thoughts, Chrono/pattern test: 3/4oz steel 3 20ga BPI 60119-1075, SAAMI pressure, statistics and test results: some thoughts. This year, I am considering a few varieties for graft, Gardening Tips for Growing Tomatoes | Everything You Need to Know, Gardening is an incredibly rewarding activity, and tomatoes are one of the most popular crops to grow. Second, it double fired on me on my 3rd shot. WebToday a Stevens 555 will cost you an average of $669.83 which is $169.84 lower than the 12-week average price. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. It is likely due to metal fatigue caused by repeated exposure to stress. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. They have a very good reputation and CZ's excellent customer service. The safety is manual (which I like) and incorporates the barrel selector. Stevens 555 issues http://www.savageshooters.com/showthFiring-Problem # 4 08-13-2019, 02:40 AM 32-40win Join Date: Oct 2010 Location: Near Drumheller Posts: 6,273 Interesting thread on them on Shotgunworld as well, doubling. 20ga worked fine, shot a round of skeet, all good. I think that the Savage 550 and the Stevens 555E were based on the same action. Give a Gift Fit & Finish 50. Couldnt pass it up. stevens 555 double fire fix. I have a Tristar hunter in 20 gathat I have had for probably 12 years and it has been my primary waterfowl gun. To be clear, this is about the 28ga gun, however both of them look identical and the 20ga gun has been flawless. It produced excellent patterns at the patterning board and didn't miss a lick when afield, regardless of the ammo used. I think that the Savage 550 and the Stevens 555E were based on the same action. The 20 gauge's trigger broke at a bit over 5 pounds, and the 12 gauge's measured about 6.5 pounds. However, it is also known to have issues with the magazine release. 347. Photo by Savage Arms. Stevens 555 compact help. For testing, I rounded up a passel of factory loads and a few of my favorite handloads and headed to my shooting range. Last week, I purchased the 555 in a 12 gauge and went out to the skeet range to try out my new purchase. Stevens 555 double fire I would not touch one. If you want a inexpensive double look at CZ's. WebThe Stevens 555 Over and Under Shotgun 12 Gauge features a light alloy receiver, Turkish walnut stock, forearm, and a single selective trigger The trigger is mechanical, so if barrel one doesn't go off, just squeeze the trigger again for barrel two. Learn the difference between revolvers and semi-auto pistols and what makes them different. Whenever I touch the metal part of a gun, I am reminded of what my old friend Myron Feemster used to say: "Ya know why they put wood on a gun? Triggers were about 4 lbs or less, as gun weighs 4.72lbs and triggers fire well before weight of gun is on them when hung from trigger. As we well know, the quality of Turkish guns ranges from delightful to deplorable. Webstevens 555 double fire fixhow does khalil explain thug life. The gun has a lightweight aluminum-alloy receiver with a unique steel insert centered right over the firing pin holes that reinforces the standing breech. Nice wood, lots of figure and much nicer than my 20ga Browning 725. It didn't double fire, i.e. Well I know of 3 perazzi's,2 Kolars ,2 beretta and a guerini at out club that have had doubling problems and nobody with a a stevens tristar or cz has had that issue and you said "ALL" of the so what's your point .. it was a bs statement. Both barrels went off, regardless of the selector switch. shipped out from Savage 11 Jan 18. I doubt Id have this issue with a Beretta 686 sp1, and would love that gun. So I WILL be keeping it and getting it fixed someday Ended up using this gun as a single shot for the whole dove season as primary gun. Fsu Players In Super Bowl 2021, Stevens 555 Enhanced rifles are known for their accuracy and durability. I saw one at a local store with exceptional looking wood and am intrigued. Come join the discussion about targets, clays, hunting, gunsmithing, gear reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! My nephew and a friend have the 555. Thats already a great price for an over-under shotgun, but it gets better. Campfire Regular. 20 gauge hull cut aways, Win Universal, AA HS, CF;Rem. It has doubled on me twice . Savage Arms Stevens Model 555 Over/Under Shotgun. Unfortunately there is very little difference, sight wise in the newer 555 with the newer trigger an no doubling problem and the early 555 that has the problems. Sorry to hear. I have WAY too much in it, but I will keep it and use it. I don't own one, but we've sold quite a few here where I work (don't tell the boss I'm on the 'Fire) and I've been pretty impressed, and I freely admit to being a gun snob. Also I had an older gunsmith tell me that eventually all of the them will double fire, when dirty enough. The Stevens 555 has the lever in front of the trigger guard. A forum community dedicated to Shotgun owners and enthusiasts including the Remington, Beretta, and Mossberg shotguns brands. viewtopic.php?f=247&t=451007&p=3696536#p3696536. Crafted of Turkish walnut, they sport fine checkering that is 18 lines per inch, and there is adequate coverage on the fore-end and pistol grip for a good handhold when shooting. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. WebThe Stevens 555 Enhanced is a semi-automatic shotgun popular for hunting and target shooting. All in all, it makes for a very attractive finish. College Of Wooster Post Office Hours, Traditions Vortek Strikerfire Known Problems. Don't need one but for some reason I have a whole lot of 28 ga ammo and no gun to shoot it in, Not the 28, but a buddy has one of the 20 gauge and it's held up damned well. I specifically elected to take the risk of this double-fire problem, because of all the low-cost o/u out there (6 or so) I liked the fit and feel of the 555 best, and the low purchase price made it an acceptable gamble. Thoughts: 3.5 SAAMI spec ammo for 3.5 12ga in 2 3/4hull? Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. One of the features that sets this gun apart from other shotguns is the location of the takedown lever. Well, we're 4 weeks out and still no word from Savage on my shotgun. There did not appear to be any discernible separation between the shots, no bang-bang as Id expect if the gun rebounded back into a finger. Webstevens 555 double fire fix. Hi from Big Sky Country (MT) I took the plunge and bought a Stevens 555 O/U about a week ago. Also I had an older gunsmith tell me that eventually all of the them will double fire, when dirty enough. templegate tips saturday; totwoo always bracelets; north wirral coastal park the gunsite; venmo there was an issue with your payment; billy strings martin guitar; best prop for mercury 150 4 stroke; 2022.06.16. The featherweight Stevens Model 555 is made in Turkey in either 12 or 20 gauge. 28 Gauge: Waterfowl, Upland, Target, HW,Lead, 16 ga Steel-shot Fit test: PT1680 vs. CSD16 in chedditehull, Large ducks (Goldeneye): shot sizes, range, CONSEPthoughts, 20 ga Suprema vs Rio hull, crackedbasewad, Remington American Clay &Field 20ga RXP20 stitched wadfail. Working perfect, shot a round of skeet and got 21 with no double fires. Available in different sizes and red dot ready, it'll fit your needs, whatever they are. Also look at Randy Wakeman's review on his website. Webstevens 555 double fire fixhow does khalil explain thug life. Already, the flagship 555 in 12-gauge has earned high praise from shooters and outdoor writers alike for its modest beauty, solid performance and ridiculously wallet-friendly price (under $700) for an over/under shotgun. As I thought, this is an old thread from 2016. Sep 1, 2019. One of the features that sets this gun apart from other shotguns is the location of the takedown lever. Flare Network Launch, Second, it double fired on me on my 3rd shot. Light, fit well, but I lost interest in it and sold to get some cash for an old A5. The information and opinions expressed within this site are those of its contributors, and in no way should be viewed as the opinions or recommendations of Savage Arms. Ergonomics 50. Also I had an older gunsmith tell me that eventually all of the them will double fire, when dirty enough. I think that the Savage 550 and the Stevens 555E were based on the same action. I think the stock dimensions will be just about right for a lot of shooters. But do you know how to properly use them? $659.99. The M-555 was introduced in 2014 . Youll need to use high-quality shells to get the best performance out of your gun. The 555 had a doubling problem, especially in the 12 ga., when it was recognized they changed the design and this has not been a problem for a couple of years now. They have a very good reputation and CZ's excellent customer service. length of pull for smaller-framed shooters. Re: Stevens 555 28 ga O/U. I am happy to report that the new Model 555 is delightful. at 40 yards. For example, the Stevens 555 Enhanced is incompatible with the Stevens 320 pump-action shotgun. "And remember, think safety first and then have a good hunt.". With 2021 in full swing, many gardeners are looking for new varieties of plants to grow. 3 of 15. by bcturkeynut May 23rd, 2018, 6:35 pm. Range 50-100 Yards. Additionally, the safety is located on the trigger guard, making it difficult to disengage when wearing gloves.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'homesteadandprepper_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_5',116,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-homesteadandprepper_com-medrectangle-4-0'); Despite these minor drawbacks, the Stevens 555 Enhanced is an excellent gun worth the price. We show you how. shipped 29 Nov. A lot of people have been asking about budget shotguns Today Im reviewing the affordable Stevens by Savage 555 12 gauge Over-under! I really wanted to buy one also, as it fit me the best from all the over and under shotguns they have at cabela's. On one morning in our early goose season I dropped 8 Canada geese with it. Stevens 555 12 Gauge Extended Turkey Choke Tube, Black : Color Black : Material Steel : Suggested Users Unisex-adult : Number of Items 1 : Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. Apply for an Explorewards Credit Card. The Stevens 555 came out in 2014, replacing the heavy Stevens 512. As a result, the Stevens 555 Enhanced is still a popular choice for many shooters despite its heavy trigger pull. Range 50-100 Yards. Now my 28 is an old High Standard "Pointer" pumpgun. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. First and foremost, this shotgun requires regular maintenance to function correctly. Well see how the repair goes; if they fix the double-fire issue and return the gun in a decent time-frame, it may still turn out to be an acceptable purchase in situations like mine where its a secondary/additional gun intended for kids use next season. stevens 555 is made with a lightweight aluminum-alloy receiver with a steel insert centered right over the firing pin holes that reinforces the standing breech to handle any load. I own a Stevens 555 in 28 Ga., a CZ Bobwhite G1 in 28 Ga. and a DeHaan S2 in 16 Ga. Only the Bobwhite required any service for failing to fire, but I bought it used from a guy who shot it hard for a lot for years. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. The company ultimately produced a variety of iconic firearms, such as a line of falling-block rifles marketed under such colorful names as "Crack Shot," "Favorite," and "Little Scout." I would factor this in if youre purchasing a 28 for fitting a youth. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it. Unfortunately there is very little difference, sight wise in the newer 555 with the newer trigger an no doubling problem and the early 555 that has the problems. Thinking of getting one for a beginner for skeet, dove gun. Stevens 555 Stats. WebThe Stevens 555 Enhanced is a semi-automatic shotgun popular for hunting and target shooting. They didnt have to do it at all, in fact I was just there to get a copy of my original receipt so I could drive to UPS main facility and ship it myself, but CAL Ranch offered to ship it for free for me, since they had sold me the gun. One of many in a long list of Turkish guns that are built to a price point, usually cheap, and most have issues, if not immediately, then before long. First, make sure to clean and lubricate your gun regularly. First shot, it double fired both barrels. Most other shotguns have the lever located behind the trigger guard. One fella replaced the sear springs, seemed to have cured it for him. I shot about 20 rounds through it single barrel loaded with target loads, after my initial few tries with both barrels loaded. Fits me very well, and quite happy with the action. Shooting Sports Retailer takes a closer look at the new Stevens 555 double-barrel shotgun that brings a lot of value to the shooter without breaking the bank. I've been looking at them in 28 and 20ga. Additionally, the Stevens 555 Enhanced is a bit of a high-maintenance gun when it comes to ammunition. A compact model has been added, with a 13.5 in. I purchased the Savage 550 new around 1972. I took the 555 out to the range today and fired it for the first time. Stevens 555 Over and Under Shotgun -The Savage Stevens 555 over and under shotgun features mechanical triggers, Extractors, Manual safety, and 5 Interchangeable choke tubes. I did notice the price went up on them this year . I did notice the price went up on them this year . One of the features that sets this gun apart from other shotguns is the location of the takedown lever. IN STOCK Price Range. Ive read numerous threads about the 555 double firing; and the one time I shot one, a 12ga, it double fired on my 3rd shot. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Developed by William Estler in the 1940s, this tomato is known for its large size, sweet flavor, and disease resistance. The 555E is a later model and I wonder if they corrected this problem before they put the E model in production' Thanks for any imput. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. If this is your first visit, be sure to Savage Arms announced the release of a new over and under shotgun called the 555. It can cause misfires and jams, making it challenging to shoot accurately. The main advantage of a double-action-only trigger is that it is simpler and more reliable than a traditional single-action/double-action trigger. 106. with minimal creep. Wed love to hear from you! When I first shouldered the 20 gauge, I was sure the drop was too great. by | Jun 15, 2022 | north node conjunct neptune synastry | greek mythology son falls in love with mother | Jun 15, 2022 | north node conjunct neptune synastry | greek mythology son falls in love with mother On the 12 gauge, the stock finish on the top left edge of the fore-end was subpar. More significantly, the fore-end latch on the 12-gauge model sometimes failed to engage and properly secure the fore-end; it looked latched, but wasn't. If you want a inexpensive double look at CZ's. I bought a 28ga 555 in Feb 17, new gun. This site utilizes affiliate programs to generate revenue and as such purchasing a product reached by clicking on a link on this site may earn us a small commission on that sale. and the bottom barrel at 4.25lbs. When I was talking to Savage, I also asked if I could purchase a 2nd stock for my 555 so I could cut it down for my kids she said they had NO extra stocks for sale! Got my 555 back on 20 Jan 18. Accuracy 50. IN STOCK Price Range. All Shooting Times subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. If you notice any unusual resistance, stop and consult a gunsmith. Scanning the web, this seems to be a common problem with this model. of Israeli Defense Forces, joins David Fortier for an exclusive interview for Shotgun News. The Stevens 555 Enhanced is a semi-automatic shotgun popular for hunting and target shooting. These things are purely aesthetic and do not affect functioning. 2023 Awards & rankings #2 Most Popular Stevens Shotguns. Id estimate 6-7 lbs. =========================. When my buddy shoots it, it always doubles, but it almost never does for me, I think it's kind of like limp wristing a pistol. Hopefully someone on here can point you in the right direction. The available model list below also includes the standard 555 blued receiver without engraving option. The featherweight Stevens Model 555 is made in Turkey in either 12 or 20 gauge. One fella replaced the sear springs, seemed to have cured it for him. Webstevens 555 double fire fixhow does khalil explain thug life. Last week, I purchased the 555 in a 12 gauge and went out to the skeet range to try out my new purchase. Joseph VonBenedikt is with Joel Hodgdon to talk about the improved accuracy and long-range potential of the already reliable Core-Lokt ammo line. Here are some of the most common problemsthat owners of this gun have reported:if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'homesteadandprepper_com-leader-2','ezslot_8',137,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-homesteadandprepper_com-leader-2-0'); One of the most frustrating problems when shooting a gun is a misfire. Couldnt pass it up. Choosing the Right Variety If no one here can, I would find your closest sporting clays range and go there and ask for help. However, they did make the triggers several pounds heavier. They are so light and nimble that if we get another .410 with exceptional wood, it might just follow me home. Thank the Maker, I was using target shells or I would have ended up in the mud. Thats a big spread between them. I own a Stevens 555 in 20 gauge and the gun worked great. Nice wood, lots of figure and much nicer than my 20ga Browning 725. Did you buy one ,have not heard what you ended up with . Was very close to buying the 20ga. As long as the gun is maintained correctly, there is no need for concern about the lack of manual safety. He thought that was normal, I say "jacked up". Users may find that their shotgun does not fire when they expect it. By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your Stevens 555 Enhanced will provide years of trouble-free service. The new Model 555 over-under shotgun is true to that tradition. Thank the Maker, I was using target shells or I would have ended up in the mud. From. Before the triggers were lighter than the 5.5 lb gun if gun was balanced on the trigger, it would fire. They have been sending out replacements on return with a 8-10 week turn around. Stevens 555 compact help. Which store location had the Silver 555 28 gun on clearence, telehone number please! we all deserve another gun. It means that youll need to clean it regularly. June 14, 2022; idioms for beautiful nature Ph: (714) 638 - 3640 Gun is made by KOFS, Turkey per the barrel. city of semmes public works. Make sure to watch till the end. As a result, users may experience difficulties with reloading the shotgun. I've got 2 cheapo CZ's and a Lanber. Estler's Mortgage Lifter tomato is one of the most popular heirloom varieties that is perfect for home gardeners. Any thoughts, impressions? Only a brace of doves was taken, and the shifty little ducks simply refused to participate in my "field tests." They have a very good reputation and CZ's excellent customer service. Which store location had the Silver 555 28 gun on clearence, telehone number please! Thank the Maker, I was using target shells or I would have ended up in the mud. However, it is essential to note that the Stevens 555 Enhanced is incompatible with all Stevens firearms. I have read post from owners of the 555 with issues of both barrels firing at the same time. Webstevens 555 double fire fix. Stevens 555 issues http://www.savageshooters.com/showthFiring-Problem # 4 08-13-2019, 02:40 AM 32-40win Join Date: Oct 2010 Location: Near Drumheller Posts: 6,273 Interesting thread on them on Shotgunworld as well, doubling. Lots will come up. Pine Creek/Dave. T. Joined: Feb 2011. My recommendation would be that for folks where this purchase is significant to them, and they need to be able to use the gun, do NOT purchase the 555. However, they can also be prone to problems with the firing pin. It is because the Stevens 555 uses a double-action-only trigger system. IN STOCK Price Range. I own a Stevens 555 in 20 gauge and the gun worked great. his was a good looking gun and he had no problems killing birds the day we hunted together. A couple of deft stokes with a flat needle file would easily fix this, but all such issues should have been caught at the final inspection. Anti-hull-bulge bushing: how to stuff 1-1/8oz of #2 steel into a 2.75 12ga without buckling. I think that the Savage 550 and the Stevens 555E were based on the same action. The finish on the alloy receiver is a lustrous matte black that is very uniform and meshes well with the matte bluing on the steel barrels. Finally, check the extractor spring to ensure it is not worn or damaged if you use a revolver.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'homesteadandprepper_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_7',119,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-homesteadandprepper_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0'); By taking these steps, you can help to avoid misfires and ensure that your shooting experience is enjoyable. Before there were scopes or red dots there were iron sights. However, I had a Savage model 550 20 gauge double barrel that would not consistently fire the second barrel. I liked it, it was very stiff when new and didn't really loosen up. The main advantage of a double-action-only trigger is that it is simpler and more reliable than a traditional single-action/double-action trigger. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a new X-Bolt series rifle. 22178 / 555 16-gauge, 28-inch barrel / $705.